Skip to content
View in the app

A better way to browse. Learn more.

Morning Big Blue

A full-screen app on your home screen with push notifications, badges and more.

To install this app on iOS and iPadOS
  1. Tap the Share icon in Safari
  2. Scroll the menu and tap Add to Home Screen.
  3. Tap Add in the top-right corner.
To install this app on Android
  1. Tap the 3-dot menu (⋮) in the top-right corner of the browser.
  2. Tap Add to Home screen or Install app.
  3. Confirm by tapping Install.

Atomic

Members
  • Joined

Everything posted by Atomic

  1. Not at all.Between our 7 healthy defencemen we have 1483 NHL games played. It's not like we are rolling a bunch of rookies back there.
  2. Chiarot & Brouillette are here and both Kichton & Ellerby are hurt. It makes sense to search for dmen from other teams rather than bring up guys who are bottom pairing dmen in the minors. Will O'Neill is also injured. Between Winnipeg and St Johns we have seven injured defencemen right now.
  3. Honestly I tend to agree with this. I would be happy with any of the 3. There are some real good options out there, it's not a bad time to be looking for a defensive coordinator.
  4. Separating players from scheme makes it hard to draw conclusions. The Riders were pretty bad defending the pass but pretty good against the run. We have the makings of a very good secondary. So hypothetically does Hall benefit from our good secondary or ruin our secondary with bad schemes? Right now that's unknowable. The Riders have some pretty good talent in the secondary. Rod Williams had an NFL shot before joining the Riders, we all know how good Brackenridge is, and Macho Harris and Terrell Maze are no slouches either. In fact, Hall was working with an all-American secondary and still had a tough time against the pass. Just something to think about.
  5. Has anyone heard about Brohms thumb? Yeah, I know this one. Brohm's thumb walks into a bar and...
  6. I really like this trade. Giving up very little for an immediate need, and it is a veteran guy that Maurice is familiar with. Exactly what the team needs right now.
  7. I'd be more interested in Odell Willis, Ricky Foley, or Justin Hickman if we are going to bring in a free agent. Whether any of those 3 actually make it to free agency is a different story. I do still like Kashawn Fraser and Marvin Booker as well.
  8. They aren't seriously considering making this Nelson character the head coach are they? Doesn't this seem like Eakins round 2?
  9. Cause it matters so much considering it's ******* december.....smh Just goes to show the rampant dysfunction that still exists in the Bomber front office. Power struggle for a month and a half over firing a coordinator. Why are you married to this idea that the length of time it took to make the announcement automatically means there was a power struggle? That's a pretty huge leap, based on complete lack of facts to support that. I guess when you leave the fan base twisting in the wind for 7 weeks after the season, it leaves a lot of time for speculation. My bad, I guess. I should just buy my tickets like a good little boy and stop questioning anything the Bombers do.
  10. My vote goes to Mike Benevides because he is experienced running a CFL defence and also has head coaching experience, and has worked extensively with Wally Buono.
  11. The Blue Bombers have commissioned an official poll on this website to determine who the next DC will be. Make sure you vote. Discussion below.
  12. I honestly didn't think the offence was that bad from a coaching perspective. We did not have good receivers, especially when Moore was out, Grigsby was ineffective and our offensive line is highly questionable. Giving up so many sacks was a combination of poor OL play, the offensive system, and Drew Willy himself. Anyone paying attention knew before the season that Willy's biggest weakness was that he held onto the ball too long. He took a ton of sacks in Saskatchewan too, and that was with a far better OL.
  13. I'm hearing from a source that Devone Claybrooks was in Winnipeg recently for a meeting
  14. Cause it matters so much considering it's ******* december.....smh Just goes to show the rampant dysfunction that still exists in the Bomber front office. Power struggle for a month and a half over firing a coordinator.
  15. Wow and it only took them a month and a half to do it. Things still moving at the speed of light in Winnipeg.
  16. I would have no problem with a 5 year deal at $4 million for Frolik. Why not? We have the cap room, even if we do have to start thinking about re-signing Scheifele and Trouba in the near future.
  17. I'm surprised to see that you think we should roster the same 4 OL as last year. I sure hope Walters isn't thinking the same thing. Same thing on the defensive line. Ideally we will find the talent to replace at least one of Thomas and Lucas. Neither one is good enough to take starter's reps and that's what we need. There will be opportunities in free agency and through the draft to improve one of those spots. What purpose does a guy like Dan West serve when we are dressing an American safety? He's not going to take LB reps ahead of Briggs, Sherman, and Newman. Again, we can do better in that spot through free agency and the draft. That's all I'm saying. Here we have the deepest free agency class in the last decade or more, and by all accounts the deepest draft as well. This off-season will be unprecedented in terms of player turnover. Why should we stand pat when we know the team isn't good enough? I can understand that Canadians take time to turn over. Fine. But there is no reason to trot out the same sorry Americans this season. I'd keep Willy, Marve, Cotton, Moore, Denmark, Turner, Anderson, Wild, Sears, Randle, Johnson, Washington, Leggett, and Stoudermire. That is 14 players out of 25 Americans. 11 spots to fill. Add on 4-6 new Canadian players and you have 15-17 new players, or about 40% roster turnover. Seems very reasonable to me.
  18. Why? Why are we trying to keep a losing team together? Why are we always so intent on keeping the guys we have when it was obvious they couldn't get the job done? I came up with a list of 12 Canadians and 13 Americans that are "must-keep", in my opinion. That leaves room for a ton of roster movement, and I think it would be justified.
  19. Isn't 25% turnover fairly significant? In 2011 we brought back the majority of the 2010 team and went from 4-14 to 11-7 and a Grey Cup appearance. 25% is significant for a team like the Stampeders who are already good. It is nothing to a poor team like the Bombers. The biggest differences between 2010 and 2011 were that Buck Pierce stayed healthy and Tim Burke was miles ahead of Kavis Reed as a defensive coordinator. We aren't switching out our quarterback or coordinators so it wouldn't be realistic to expect the same turnaround while maintaining a very similar roster. I see about 20-25 players on the roster who should be sticking around. The rest need to be upgraded, meaning turnover of 50%+. But I don't see it happening.
  20. They're going to pull the old "We're trying to build chemistry" and bring back a roster that is 75%+ the same players. Guaranteed. Because there is nothing like bringing back the same team to improve on a losing record.
  21. He's been better than i thought he would be. I had him as my Goligoski this year, a young player with offensive upside that didnt fit in that could potentially sneak a great player from a team that needed his talents. but hes been good. Maybe regressed a little bit lately. He seems to be the guy talked about as sitting if so-and-so is healthy. Chairot might have taken his spot when all are healthy though they are playing opposite sides. Chiarot MAY have leapfrogged Pardy and Clitsome on the defensive depth chart but I'd say he is still firmly behind Postma.
  22. Sure he is, he is on a line with Stuart.
  23. Ellerby is injured though.

Account

Navigation

Search

Search

Configure browser push notifications

Chrome (Android)
  1. Tap the lock icon next to the address bar.
  2. Tap Permissions → Notifications.
  3. Adjust your preference.
Chrome (Desktop)
  1. Click the padlock icon in the address bar.
  2. Select Site settings.
  3. Find Notifications and adjust your preference.