Random Video Thread

Brandon

How do you post pics & videos??? 

For images... once you have your cursor in this quick reply box, click the 'image' button (looks like a little square picture of a tree, to the left of the <> symbol). You need to copy the URL of the image you want to post; usually, you can do this by right clicking the image and 'Copy Image URL'. Paste this URL into the text box that appears when you click the image button. Some extensions don't work.

Videos... dunno, haven't tried yet. Probably very similar procedure to images.

I have a bunch of friends that are mounties, and a few of them shared this video.  Thought it was interesting to say the least.

I understand that the Police Dispatcher has to ask questions but it was getting to the point of being totally dangerous for the off duty RCMP officer & for the guy making the video. If that was a civilian trying to be a Good Samaritan, the "twenty questions" before sending a cop car out might have resulted in someone getting injured or killed. Just send out the police already to sort it out at the scene.Luckily, the guy was struggling but not very hard. I think that this could have ended a lot worse had it been another thief. Luckily it didn't. I'm not a law enforcement officer so maybe I'm out in left field here. I just thought the dispatcher didn't handle this right. What did the RCMP officers think about this?  

I understand that the Police Dispatcher has to ask questions but it was getting to the point of being totally dangerous for the off duty RCMP officer & for the guy making the video. If that was a civilian trying to be a Good Samaritan, the "twenty questions" before sending a cop car out might have resulted in someone getting injured or killed. Just send out the police already to sort it out at the scene.Luckily, the guy was struggling but not very hard. I think that this could have ended a lot worse had it been another thief. Luckily it didn't. I'm not a law enforcement officer so maybe I'm out in left field here. I just thought the dispatcher didn't handle this right. What did the RCMP officers think about this?  

Generally the cop car is sent out right away and the dispatcher keeps the caller on the line to continue gathering information.

Yes, in this particular situation the Vancouver police were dispatched during the first 2 minutes of the videographer's conversation.  The ones who I have talked to think that it was a different situation, but the dispatcher did the right thing by keeping the guy on the line, and getting him to get the RCMP officer's badge number.  

• 1 month later...