Tim Horton Field Not Ready Until Labour Day (Maybe)

iso_55

The cluster**** in Hamilton continues. The next Ti cat home game will be played again at McMaster University. They are hoping that the new stadium will be ready for  the Labour Day game vs the Argos. And Ti Cat fans mocked & laughed at us back in 2012?? At least we had Canad Inns to fall back on. What a joke. 

http://scratchingpost.thespec.com/2014/08/ticats-to-play-aug-16-game-at-mac-but-labour-day-launch-date-for-new-stadium-still-a-go.html

I do not take any delight in this.  Makes the league as a whole look bad.  They need to get into Tim Hortons Field as soon as they possibly can.

I don't take delight either but fans in other cities were sure laughing at us. Like Hamilton. Then the comments that their stadium is nicer than ours?? As it turned out, we didn't have a tenth of the issues Hamilton has had getting the thing built. We just had to wait another year & played at our old barn. While disappointing, it was a good fall back plan. Too bad Garth Buchko  had us play the first 4 games of the year on the road & just didn't move everything back into Canad Inns from the start of the season. Going 0-4 on the road killed our season. I think Buchko was the only person who couldn't tell the stadium was a year behind schedule & would never be ready that season. 

I do not take any delight in this.  Makes the league as a whole look bad.  They need to get into Tim Hortons Field as soon as they possibly can.

I don't take delight either but fans in other cities were sure laughing at us. Like Hamilton. Then the comments that their stadium is nicer than ours?? As it turned out, we didn't have a tenth of the issues Hamilton has had getting the thing built. We just had to wait another year & played at our old barn. While disappointing, it was a good fall back plan. Too bad Garth Buchko  had us play the first 4 games of the year on the road & just didn't move everything back into Canad Inns from the start of the season. Going 0-4 on the road killed our season. I think Buchko was the only person who couldn't tell the stadium was a year behind schedule & would never be ready that season. 

Really? Nicer than Wpgs? Not from the mockup's I've seen Ottawa would have been close if they did both sides (they didn't) so they aren't,and Tim Hortons field looks just like a big high school stadium to me. 

Wpg's is a thing of beauty - I may be biased but I personally think it's the best stadium in the CFL. I can't wait to see a game there. 

Really? Nicer than Wpgs? Not from the mockup's I've seen Ottawa would have been close if they did both sides (they didn't) so they aren't,and Tim Hortons field looks just like a big high school stadium to me. 

Wpg's is a thing of beauty - I may be biased but I personally think it's the best stadium in the CFL. I can't wait to see a game there. 

Having been in both stadiums I have to say that BC Place is nicer than Winnipeg's stadium, but the difference is you get 30,000 screaming people in IGF and it's freaking loud, while in BC Place it still feels like a morgue.

And I know we hate the Riders but give credit where credit is due. The stadium for the Riders looks like it will be nothing short of awesome. But Hamilton? It has no wow factor like ours does. And Saskatchewan will have. The one side at Ottawa's refurbed stadium looks nice but it's just the one side that was constructed. The other side was redone & it only holds 24,000. But with the way attendance is in the CFL, that's probably where it should be. 

I do not take any delight in this. Makes the league as a whole look bad. They need to get into Tim Hortons Field as soon as they possibly can.

I don't take delight either but fans in other cities were sure laughing at us. Like Hamilton. Then the comments that their stadium is nicer than ours?? As it turned out, we didn't have a tenth of the issues Hamilton has had getting the thing built. We just had to wait another year & played at our old barn. While disappointing, it was a good fall back plan. Too bad Garth Buchko had us play the first 4 games of the year on the road & just didn't move everything back into Canad Inns from the start of the season. Going 0-4 on the road killed our season. I think Buchko was the only person who couldn't tell the stadium was a year behind schedule & would never be ready that season.
C'mon Iso, not everything is Buchko's fault. Buchko hadn't even started his job with the Bombers when the schedule came out. The request to start on the road would have been made long before he was hired. There is plenty of blame to dump on him without adding stuff that had nothing to do with him.

While Ticat fans get my sympathy, Bob Young, Scott Mitchell and the City of Hamilton do not.

When you have idiots making decisions, you're bound to have these situations occur.

I do not take any delight in this. Makes the league as a whole look bad. They need to get into Tim Hortons Field as soon as they possibly can.

I don't take delight either but fans in other cities were sure laughing at us. Like Hamilton. Then the comments that their stadium is nicer than ours?? As it turned out, we didn't have a tenth of the issues Hamilton has had getting the thing built. We just had to wait another year & played at our old barn. While disappointing, it was a good fall back plan. Too bad Garth Buchko had us play the first 4 games of the year on the road & just didn't move everything back into Canad Inns from the start of the season. Going 0-4 on the road killed our season. I think Buchko was the only person who couldn't tell the stadium was a year behind schedule & would never be ready that season.
C'mon Iso, not everything is Buchko's fault. Buchko hadn't even started his job with the Bombers when the schedule came out. The request to start on the road would have been made long before he was hired. There is plenty of blame to dump on him without adding stuff that had nothing to do with him.

I believe that the schedule came out after he was hired & as far back as March 2012 he vowed that the Bombers would never play at Canad Inns again so I blame him for the scheduling that season.He was team president at the time & the club requested the 4 road games to start the season because they actually believed the stadium would be ready. 

The above statement is the closest thing to "naïve-ity" I have seen in a while ... some blind faith/loyalty from somewhere

I believe that the schedule came out after he was hired & as far back as March 2012 he vowed that the Bombers would never play at Canad Inns again so I blame him for the scheduling that season.He was team president at the time & the club requested the 4 road games to start the season because they actually believed the stadium would be ready. 

The 2012 schedule was released on February 18, 2012. Buchko was hired in January, 2012 but didn't start until March. You know as well as I do that it takes a lot longer than a couple of months to put a schedule together. You want to blame someone for the schedule then blame the BoD who declared the November, 2011 game as the "last one in Canad Inns stadium". The acting President and BoD would have been responsible for asking for the start on the road, not Buchko. And what does Buchko's declaration have to do with planning the schedule. 

The above statement is the closest thing to "naïve-ity" I have seen in a while ... some blind faith/loyalty from somewhere

I don't see how my comment could be construed in any way as blind faith or loyalty.  If you think I'm defending Buchko then you obviously didn't read my entire post.

Buchko put his reputation on the line with the stadium vowing it would be ready. It wasn't. You're saying he wasn't involved with anything related to that? That was the beginning of the end for the guy practically before it even started. He also recommended keeping Tim Burke. How can you defend him? He was out of his league...

Buchko put his reputation on the line with the stadium vowing it would be ready. It wasn't. You're saying he wasn't involved with anything related to that? That was the beginning of the end for the guy practically before it even started. He also recommended keeping Tim Burke. How can you defend him? He was out of his league...

He was out of his league in so many ways. But if you step into a job, and on essentially your first day everyone involved on all fronts in a project that long predates you tells you -- with absolute certainty -- that the project is going to be completed on time, only someone who wanted to lose his job before it started would disregard everyone else (including the board above him, contractors, stadium leaders, etc.) and say, "I just don't know what our plan is for next year."

Anyone in that scenario, giving the timing, would tell the public exactly what they've been assured.

He screwed up a LOT in his time as CEO of the Bombers, but the stadium mess was on the stadium people, including the Buchko Guarantee. He was lied to on Day 1, and he bought it because everyone assured him from the ground up that it was the case, and then he ended up having to be the face of the failure. I can't imagine being in that situation -- taking the public fall for something that had so many pieces screwing up and lying about it (including to you) outside of your control.

Defending one thing does not mean defending the body of work. Tim Burke made a couple correct calls in his year and a half as our head coach, but his tenure here is still indefensible. Same thing with Joe Mack -- some good choices in there, but overall body of work was clearly a failure and (save for a few here) can't be defended.

Once Buchko knew the stadium wasn't going to be completed, what was his reaction having to go back on his word like that? I can't recall what he said publicly. I think any individual in his situation shouldn't have relied on people telling him something & carte blanche believing it. Perhaps he should have found out for himself. While your points are valid, it just showed how in over his head he was as well as how naïve as well. Allso what a bad choice it was to have him run the team at an executive level. He was the Captain of  the ship & like all good captains he went down with it.

I'm saying none of that. What I am saying is he had nothing to do with the Bombers 2012 football schedule. I also said he could be blamed for a number of things but the schedule is not one of them. He screwed up with saying IGF would be ready. He screwed up with Burke and Mack. But he had nothing to do with asking for 4 road games to start 2012 because he wasn't hired when the Bombers would have told the League's scheduler makers.

I'm saying none of that. What I am saying is he had nothing to do with the Bombers 2012 football schedule. I also said he could be blamed for a number of things but the schedule is not one of them. He screwed up with saying IGF would be ready. He screwed up with Burke and Mack. But he had nothing to do with asking for 4 road games to start 2012 because he wasn't hired when the Bombers would have told the League's scheduler makers.

You're choice to defend  the guy. Nobody else is. You sure like to micro manage & pick at things people say more than anyone here. I see it on so many of your posts. You focus on one thing & then pick that hill to die on. Well good, Buchko didn't have anything to do with the schedule. Good for him. CFL Exec of the year. Big loss when he got fired. It's hard to believe the Bombers recovered from such a traumatic event. 

You're choice to defend the guy. Nobody else is. You sure like to micro manage & pick at things people say more than anyone here. I see it on so many of your posts. You focus on one thing & then pick that hill to die on. Well good, Buchko didn't have anything to do with the schedule. Good for him. CFL Exec of the year. Big loss when he got fired. It's hard to believe the Bombers recovered from such a traumatic event.

You sure read more into what people say than anyone I've ever come across.

You're choice to defend the guy. Nobody else is. You sure like to micro manage & pick at things people say more than anyone here. I see it on so many of your posts. You focus on one thing & then pick that hill to die on. Well good, Buchko didn't have anything to do with the schedule. Good for him. CFL Exec of the year. Big loss when he got fired. It's hard to believe the Bombers recovered from such a traumatic event.

You just pick the weirdest hills to defend & die upon. You speculate a lot of things & correct people without having really no more knowledge than the posters you are correcting. I'm not saying you don't know your stuff as you obviously do but maybe you should be a sports editor.