Skip to content
View in the app

A better way to browse. Learn more.

Morning Big Blue

A full-screen app on your home screen with push notifications, badges and more.

To install this app on iOS and iPadOS
  1. Tap the Share icon in Safari
  2. Scroll the menu and tap Add to Home Screen.
  3. Tap Add in the top-right corner.
To install this app on Android
  1. Tap the 3-dot menu (⋮) in the top-right corner of the browser.
  2. Tap Add to Home screen or Install app.
  3. Confirm by tapping Install.

Mr. Perfect

Moderators
  • Joined

  • Last visited

Everything posted by Mr. Perfect

  1. I'm happy to stick with FanDuel. Way better than DraftKings. Can't have true fantasy football without a kicker.
  2. No kickers? Lame TSN. What fantasy football team doesn't have a kicker?
  3. If we didn't, it would be pretty shitty. I'll see myself out.
  4. He was flagged for hitting Franklin low, not because the actual hit was late. As horrendous as CFL officiating is, they are quite consistent on this point.
  5. It's baffling that people forget this every preseason. It's not a difficult concept.
  6. RIP The Don "If we play our best, and they play their best, well then I like out chances" My favourite quote of his that I recall hearing on a pregame on OB when facing the Bombers when we had some beauty tilts in 2001.
  7. Time for that annual reminder that defensive schemes in pre-season are always bare bones as teams don't want to show all of their defensive sets in pre season for obvious (or so I'd hope would be obvious) reasons.
  8. Hope his prescription includes some cowbell.
  9. Deyonce Whitaker....many people thought he was like a Charles Roberts clone but he couldn't hang onto the ball to save his life. I seem to recall Coach Ritchie calling him Beyonce, but I could be mistaken on that. I do recall he had a special teams touchdown for us in week one of whatever season it was, but wound up cut because of the fumbling and eventually wound up in Montreal for a cup of coffee. Great thread by the way.
  10. Ortega had no business playing professional football. Horrendous football player. I have no idea how he lasted as long as he did.
  11. I can't recall the exact year, I want to say around 2004-2006. We had this middle linebacker Tony Ortiz that everyone on the boards loved but he couldn't stay healthy. I want to say he even joined OB and would make a post every so often. Personally I never understood the hype, but regardless it's a name I remember given the circumstances. I also recall a receiver, Abe Morlu. Ran something like 4.25 in the 40 which had everyone in awe but what came apparent super quick was that he couldn't run a route to safe his life in training camp. 2009, a QB with a cannon arm Darrell Hackney had everyone's attention but never made it out of camp. Damn he could sling it.
  12. I'd be shocked if he hadn't heard from Jim Popp already.
  13. 4) An import
  14. Love that Argos logo for sure. I'm quite happy with ours. There is nothing wrong with simple and basic. Many other teams, pro and NCAA follow the same rule of thumb.
  15. If it is true, the punishment would be MUCH, MUCH more severe than the loss of a first round pick.
  16. Lirim haters make me laugh. Was 2015 brutal for him? Absolutely. That said his college numbers were solid, as were his figures in 2014. Kickers have down years - Nature of the beast. He also has a higher career field goal percentage than Swayze Waters, who a lot of people are going overboard saying it's a great signing (good, but FAR from great).
  17. I like it. Sure the week 1 bye is odd however it ensures barring any major training camp or pre-season injuries that we should be relatively healthy going into a tough game (circumstances, not skill on paper) in Regina in week two. I also like the home games down the stretch in October to have that advantage as we battle for playoff positioning as oppose to having to do that on the road, and no Sunday games after September 3rd which means no personal conflict with NFL games. Solid.
  18. According to Justin Dunk he's already inked an extension.
  19. Fantastic...Set a new mark for the biggest blown lead in CFL playoff history, make one of the dumbest decisions in CFL playoff history, and sing kumbaya by the fire with everyone after the fact for the foreseeable future.
  20. I want to disagree and say this is an irrational perspective but I just can't. How anyone, nevermind a professional coach could think that was the right decision in that situation is beyond me.
  21. The 89 Eskimos were 16-2.
  22. Life of a GM. You're not always going to bat 1.000. That's just the nature of the beast. That said despite the occasional miss I think most of us would agree we are miles ahead today than three years ago in overall Canadian talent, Canadian depth, and overall roster talent and roster depth. That's all you can ask, especially after the dumpster fire Mack left.

Account

Navigation

Search

Search

Configure browser push notifications

Chrome (Android)
  1. Tap the lock icon next to the address bar.
  2. Tap Permissions → Notifications.
  3. Adjust your preference.
Chrome (Desktop)
  1. Click the padlock icon in the address bar.
  2. Select Site settings.
  3. Find Notifications and adjust your preference.