Everything posted by Blue_Dragoon
-
Back 2 Back Losers at BACK 2 BACK CHAMPS GDT
This place is going to be ridiculous when we lose a game or two (which is going to happen in an 18 game season). I guess its a good sign though of how far we've come in the last 5 years when fans are complaining that our wins weren't quite dominant enough for them to be satisfied.
-
Back 2 Back Losers at BACK 2 BACK CHAMPS GDT
Mike Jones is a fantastic DB and I wish we had found a way to keep him. I loved the way he brought the hammer down on receivers catching the ball on short passes in front of him and he always seemed to be in position to contest the longer stuff. Doug Brown was very critical of the call on the postgame.
-
Back 2 Back Losers at BACK 2 BACK CHAMPS GDT
I'll admit that I was a bit nervous about the defense after the first game but I shouldn't have doubted. They look great! Rutledge has been a fantastic find and I agree that Thompson seems to be improving every game. In general the way that the D gets stronger as the game goes and just wears the other team out is a thing of beauty. By the second half they become absolutely lights out.
-
als v. suckskatchewan
This game has been so much fun to watch!
-
Back 2 Back Losers @ Back 2 Back Champs - Pre-Game Thread
Miller was awful and probably cost us our early season game against Toronto with his poor play. Houston on the other hand seemed fine whenever he went in.
-
Bonfire Sports Live YouTube Shows
Great show as always!
-
Cats vs Stamps, EE vs Riders
You and I will be in the minority but I agree. Other than BC in their one game, no team has looked dominant. Instead we are getting close exciting games that feel like contests and come down to the wire, The only knock I’ll make is towards the terrible state of kicking across the league and that one abortion of a game yesterday with the Riders showing the maturity of 2 year olds. That was just embarrassing.
-
Cats vs Stamps, EE vs Riders
Craig Dickinson has no control of his team.
-
Week 2 - The Champs @ RedBlacks - GDT
Edmonton probably but who else in the West looks like a basement dweller?
-
2022 CFL Season - Non Back 2 Back Champs News
I’ll be wearing Royal Blue to the game. This “whiteout” idea is stupid.
-
Redblacks at Back2Back Champs GDT
Putting both sides of the argument aside I think we can all agree that if nothing else penalties should be consistently called one way or another.
-
Als v stamps
From what I read it was mostly that he propped up Edmonton as having more to do. To me that isn’t necessarily a put down of Winnipeg and more that he was embracing his new team’s city in the media. Unless there was more than that I think it was just Manitobans being sensitive.
-
Rudders and Cats
Time for football! I had no interest in watching a concert tonight.
-
Rudders and Cats
It looked like week 1 football. Ugly stuff but we weren’t any better. I hate the Riders but have to admit their D looked good. I’m still not sold on Fajardo though.
-
Als v stamps
The Saskatchewan players definitely seem to be getting a lot more protection from the officials with UR calls than we were last night. I wish there was a bit more consistency.
-
Redblacks at Back2Back Champs GDT
I also thought Rutledge looked pretty good on the other side of the field.
-
Redblacks at Back2Back Champs GDT
Not to pile on but even last year when Rose became available I wasn't sure Jones should have come out of the lineup. That D was all time great so I questioned the need to change anything even for an all star like him. I felt even then that Rose became our weakest link in the secondary from that point onward (though it never got as bad as last night). Still cheering for the guy 100% and hope he regains his 2019 form for us.
-
Redblacks at Back2Back Champs GDT
Dru Brown!
-
Als v stamps
Why should their ownership do anything? Isn’t there incoming sharing in place now? They are practically incentivized to cheap out and offer an inferior fan experience and if they lose gate revenues it’s fine because ourselves and Saskatchewan will pay to prop them up.
-
Als v stamps
Exciting first game of the season.
-
Week One Ottawa Vs Winnipeg
Our depth chart definitely looks a bit thin at some positions.
-
Week One Ottawa Vs Winnipeg
LaPolice will have to call Flanders out of retirement for the second time.
-
Winnipeg Blue Bombers TC 2022
Yeah. Adarius Bowman and Chris Matthews come to mind.
-
Pre-Season Game 2 - Winnipeg @ Saskatchewan - Tuesday May 31
I recall some people online even suggesting that the CFL had a hand in making the trade happen because they wanted Toronto to be in their 100th Grey Cup game. It was a trade so dumb that nobody could believe that it could have happened without some shadiness somewhere in the background of it all.
-
2022 Off Season - Back 2 Back Champs Edition
I would still love to have him back. He was so good in the middle. I thought our whole defense suffered a noticeable drop off when he was out injured. They were still great but he made them that much better.