Penton Lists our QBs...

Floyd

2 minutes ago, rebusrankin said:

We haven't put up over 30 points in two years. When is the explosion coming?

That stat is beyond embarrassing... especially given the opportunities... a borderline competent offense would have had 40+ in that Hamilton game...

17 minutes ago, rebusrankin said:

Drew Willy has 27 tds in 28 starts as a Bomber. 4 in game 1, so that is 23 in 27 games since. Khari Jones has seasons of 30, 31 and 46. His off year in 2003 was 25, you know almost as much as Willy's career.

Thought I heard Suitor saying that we hadn't had a 40 point game since 1993 or something crazy like that...

9 minutes ago, Floyd said:

Thought I heard Suitor saying that we hadn't had a 40 point game since 1993 or something crazy like that...

Oh come on, I know that one isn't true!  It's right in the article, game one 2010.  Now 50 points, I could believe that...  

2 minutes ago, Atomic said:

Oh come on, I know that one isn't true!  It's right in the article, game one 2010.  Now 50 points, I could believe that...  

Hey it was Suitor...  maybe it was some other stat - passing yards....  I wasn't really listening to him...  

2 hours ago, Arnold_Palmer said:

On a side note I really enjoyed watching Michael Bishop play. The guy could throw the ball down the field effortless. Unfortunately he had no football IQ or pocket awareness but he sure did throw a pretty ball. To this day I don't think i've seen a quarterback throw wide field as effective as Bishop. 

Don Jonas, Deiter Brock, but yes, Michael threw a nice ball and had a great set of wheels.

4 hours ago, Floyd said:

And Austin...  apparently, its just a list of QBs who have eventually been booed by Winnipeg fans?

Will never forget Winnipeg Stadium cheering when Kent Austin was knocked out of a home game with a concussion...  tough times.

The list is Winnipeg QB's that never won a Grey Cup IN WINNIPEG.  Not QB's that never won a cup that have played in Winnipeg. 

4 minutes ago, Logan007 said:

The list is Winnipeg QB's that never won a Grey Cup IN WINNIPEG.  Not QB's that never won a cup that have played in Winnipeg. 

I believe that all of those QBs have also been booed by Wpg fans.  I don't have a source but I believe it with all my heart.

Edited by Floyd

6 hours ago, Noeller said:

One of these weeks, Willy is going to light some team up big time.....we've seen him do it before, and we'll see him do it again before long.

Yep, that East-end tilt with the Transcona Unemployed Rail Workers and Football Team can't come soon enough.  Willy gonna lay em low.

Edited by Throw Long Bannatyne

1 hour ago, Floyd said:

I believe that all of those QBs have also been booed by Wpg fans.  I don't have a source but I believe it with all my heart.

The question is, which Winnipeg QB other then Matt and Khari weren't boo'd in Winnipeg. 

8 minutes ago, tracker said:

O'Shea came out today and said that the only way to beat Calgary was "the underneath stuff", so get ready for more of the same. A boring game may be the only hope for victory.

Hey Mr. Mike - they gonna take that away - then what?

2 hours ago, johnzo said:

I would sure love to see what Willy could do with the eternity that Reilly gets in the pocket.

Happy feet, passes into the dirt, passes overthrown, high, low, sideways, telegraphing his receivers. He's had time to throw & he's scared.