Penton Lists our QBs...

Floyd

28 minutes ago, Rich said:

You will have to include some "older guys" if it is since we last won the Grey Cup.  :D

Haha, yeah.  When I said older guys I meant like Ploen and those guys.  Not guys like Sammy Garza who gave us the finger when we boo'd him off the field.  :D

12 hours ago, Taynted_Fayth said:

we also had a game vs montreal in october at canad inns when we hosted the GC (06' maybe?) that was like a 56-52 shootout

I was at a game in July in 2005 with Montreal that was a 51-46 shootout.  Charles Roberts and Milt just went wild that game.

http://www.cfl.ca/games/1229/montreal-alouettes-vs-winnipeg-blue-bombers/

Edited by kelownabomberfan

1 minute ago, kelownabomberfan said:

I was at a game in July in 2005 with Montreal that was a 56-52 shootout.  Charles Roberts and Milt just went wild that game.

Yeah it was our first win in 2005...it shouldn't have been that close to begin with considering we were up by 3 TDs or something like that in the 1st quarter 

4 minutes ago, 17to85 said:

Khari was probably booed in 04 as well. People were running him out of town back then too. 

Khari was definitely booed in his last days here.  His bum shoulder that our patchwork O-Line inflicted on him, ensured that there were many lame duck throws in that last year.  Those always wake up the boo birds.

19 hours ago, rebusrankin said:

42 versus Toronto in the 2014 opener. Turns out that was a unicorn.

I still have that game on my PVR (I refuse to delete it) as it is my happy place I go when I need a cheer-up.  I watched the first half again last night, and I couldn't believe Drew Willy.  He was getting the ball out fast, making his reads, and throwing the ball right on the money.  No comparison to the QB we have now.  No happy feet, no indecisiveness.  If we somehow could get THAT Drew Willy back, we'd have an offence.  What a difference two seasons and a terrible pounding behind a bad o-line makes.

Edited by kelownabomberfan

13 hours ago, iso_55 said:

I'd take Bishop over Willy. The guy went out & did his best to win. He wasn't scared or shell shocked like Willy. This coaching staff & mgmt has destroyed the guy.

That's really sad that fans are thinking this way.... what makes it more sad is that it's true. 

1 hour ago, kelownabomberfan said:

I don't know why I can't get this box above to go away.

I guess the biggest difference I saw in Willy's game in 2014 vs. 2016 is confidence.  He was playing with confidence.  Now he just looks lost and defeated out there.  Too many injuries, too much losing?  I don't know, but something has to change.

2 minutes ago, kelownabomberfan said:

I don't know why I can't get this box above to go away.

I guess the biggest difference I saw in Willy's game in 2014 vs. 2016 is confidence.  He was playing with confidence.  Now he just looks lost and defeated out there.  Too many injuries, too much losing?  I don't know, but something has to change.

It's clearly confidence. As in he's taken so many hits he doesn't trust his offensive line to give him time so even when he does have time he rushes his throw. So you either throw the guy on the scrap heap (like many want to do) and see him go somewhere else that isn't lacking skill at other positions and rebound then it's "well why did they get rid of him?" or you do what you can to rehab that fragile confidence.