Depth Chart is up - Johnny Adams listed on roster

Mike

1 minute ago, wbbfan said:

i bet this is right. Sts and used moderately on D to ease him into game action. Maybe a week or two of this.

this x1000. Rotating guys is huge. I wish it was corney as the 3rd man though. I reaaaaallllyyyy like what hubard brings.

I really hope it isnt MO returning kicks. When we have dressler and smith and harris just doesnt make sense. Wish mayo was coming onto the roster too. That guy needs some more play time. 

Don't think it matters who is 3rd, they're all getting plenty of playing time.  I would say after the last game Hubbard is likely to stick with Green going back on the PR.

Just now, Throw Long Bannatyne said:

Don't think it matters who is 3rd, they're all getting plenty of playing time.  I would say after the last game Hubbard is likely to stick with Green going back on the PR.

I dont mean for an impact on D. I mean for corney progressing. Agree with a corney at 100% greene ends up on the PR in a few weeks. 

Surprised that Mayo isn't on... nice to see Adams back.

Corney still dinged up?

Have to assume that Randle and Posey are playing boundary and not field...  Roberts and Fogg against Walker and Bowman is not going to work.

Dressler at SB is better.  Love to see Davis at WR and Mayo in at SB though...

Dressler would only be an emergency replacement returning kicks. Yes, he's done it before and he did it rather well (in Sask'n) but with his early season concussion and some other nicks its pointless to have him face those flying suicide squads head-diving at most returners. In fact, the only time I'd consider using Weston is during a late season game that has playoff implications - or the playoffs themselves.

The bomber blocking package on returns isn't all that great so I don't expect Fogg or whomever takes over from McDuffie to have more than modest return yardage.

I'd take any guy who hangs onto the ball after getting knocked up vs. the extra 5 to 10 yds (and the odd breakaway) a really fine returner brings. Safety first!

1 hour ago, Floyd said:

Our teams blocking has been pretty good actually...

It's been a pleasant surprise on the lack of holding/blocking in the back calls on the return teams thus far. With how explosive McDuffie has been it's only a matter of time until he breaks one.

I hope Fogg has some experience in the return game, we can't have any unforced errors on ST costing us field position and turnovers.

2 hours ago, Root said:

Dressler would only be an emergency replacement returning kicks. Yes, he's done it before and he did it rather well (in Sask'n) but with his early season concussion and some other nicks its pointless to have him face those flying suicide squads head-diving at most returners. In fact, the only time I'd consider using Weston is during a late season game that has playoff implications - or the playoffs themselves.

The bomber blocking package on returns isn't all that great so I don't expect Fogg or whomever takes over from McDuffie to have more than modest return yardage.

I'd take any guy who hangs onto the ball after getting knocked up vs. the extra 5 to 10 yds (and the odd breakaway) a really fine returner brings. Safety first!

Pardon?? 

8 hours ago, Throw Long Bannatyne said:

I'm with you on this, nor do I want to see Dressler or any other player of great importance returning punts, too risky.  It would have made sense to give Flanders some game action without risking injury to any of the starters.

I agree here, not only would having Legett return kicks make him more prone to injuries, it could also tire him out more for when he plays D. Especially if we see the Winnipeg 2-and-outs tomorrow on offense.