Other games - July 7 and 8th

Floyd

41 minutes ago, iso_55 said:

Did you guys know that Collins the receiver in the Riders game last night came from us? We dropped him from our Neg List apparently & the Riders picked him up.

Dont know if he was actually on the neglist but the bombers signed him earlier this year and had him in their mini-camp. They released him shortly after that and he signed with the Riders in late May.

Edited by NotEZBeingGreen

4 hours ago, Mr Dee said:

Just finished watching the Edm. game. Very entertaining.

That's the kind of game I'd like to see every week when teams play Saskatchewan. Hold that 'carrot of victory' tantalizingly  close to the Rides' noses, then yank it away to remove all smirks and smiles.

Serves their fanbase right for to trying to debase our win over Hamilton, because of...wait for it...turnovers.

Let's hope for the continuation of the trend, I believe they were very close to winning a few of their early games in 2015 under Glenn but came up short repeatedly.  I seem to recall that there were a couple of early OT losses that broke their whiny green hearts as well.

19 hours ago, Throw Long Bannatyne said:

Let's hope for the continuation of the trend, I believe they were very close to winning a few of their early games in 2015 under Glenn but came up short repeatedly.  I seem to recall that there were a couple of early OT losses that broke their whiny green hearts as well.

Maybe...  but that game did not feel like a backbreaker...  it was just a shootout.  I think that team has real confidence in Durant right now, once they get their ratio settled and can field their best receiving core, they will be pretty good.

Jonathon Newsome is the new Cam Wake... scary.

42 minutes ago, Floyd said:

Maybe...  but that game did not feel like a backbreaker...  it was just a shootout.  I think that team has real confidence in Durant right now, once they get their ratio settled and can field their best receiving core, they will be pretty good.

Jonathon Newsome is the new Cam Wake... scary.

Durant doesn't scare me. Too fragile now that he has some miles on him. 

On ‎09‎/‎07‎/‎2016 at 5:03 PM, Throw Long Bannatyne said:

What broke the spirit of the team last year has been fired. Sorry to disappoint but we are building this year. We will get better every week. The loss didn't even fizz on anyone because we know the wins will come. Riders are heading in the right direction now

6 minutes ago, Ripper said:

What broke the spirit of the team last year has been fired. Sorry to disappoint but we are building this year. We will get better every week. The loss didn't even fizz on anyone because we know the wins will come. Riders are heading in the right direction now

Bombers won last week & Riders lost.

No fan here is disappointed. 

Here's hoping that trend continues. 

4 minutes ago, Jimmy Pop said:

Bombers won last week & Riders lost.

No fan here is disappointed. 

Here's hoping that trend continues. 

Totally true. You won and we lost fair and square, no crying here. I meant the trend of us continuing to lose

20 minutes ago, rebusrankin said:

Why did we not bring Ricky Collins to camp, he looks good thus far?

I don't know, but I'm glad you didn't. Likely was just a wrong place at the wrong time thing. It happens to all teams.

On 7/9/2016 at 6:03 PM, Throw Long Bannatyne said:

Not sure why but this amuses me ...

4 hours ago, rebusrankin said:

Why did we not bring Ricky Collins to camp, he looks good thus far?

Who knows but they gave him a look and decided Adams, Mayo, Sheppard and Davis were better fits.  Could have been attitude, lack of effort, drops or anything.  Dressler and Smith were essential to LaPo's game plan and for marketing so they were untouchables.

Edited by Throw Long Bannatyne

58 minutes ago, 17to85 said:

Considering how good Davis has been I wouldn't cry about missing on a receiver prospect yet. Mayo has looked good too.

What if Collins has a season like Eric Rodgers did? That's hardly a fair trade off for a 3rd string qb.