Next Coach

I don't have any animosity towards MOS but he's just not producing the results we need,

Somebody posted this on the cfl.ca forum:

Just in case it doesn't get better in Bomberland - 3 ex CFL QB's coaching in the NFL that would need some money and coaxing to coach up north .

#1 Tom Clements - Green Bay Packers
# 2 Danny Barrett- Miami Dolphins
# 3 Jeff Garcia - St.Louis/LA Rams

IMO, nobody's going to get Clements out of Green Bay, but what do you folks think about the other two?

OR, do you have other ideas?

In a perfect world, I would like to see:

Paul Jones - GM/ Dir Player Personnel

Scott Milanovich - HC/OC/Vice President of Football Operations

Kyle Walters - Vice President/Football Admin

Pete Costanza - OC/Asst HC/REC

Jason Shivers - DC (Assuming that Mark Nelson is not available)

Mike Oshea - ST

46 minutes ago, Fred C Dobbs said:

I don't have any animosity towards MOS but he's just not producing the results we need,

Somebody posted this on the cfl.ca forum:

IMO, nobody's going to get Clements out of Green Bay, but what do you folks think about the other two?

OR, do you have other ideas?

None of those guys are gonna be coming up here. 0% chance. People have talked about clements and barret for a long time. 

10 minutes ago, Floyd said:

In a perfect world, I would like to see:

Paul Jones - GM/ Dir Player Personnel

Scott Milanovich - HC/OC/Vice President of Football Operations

Kyle Walters - Vice President/Football Admin

Pete Costanza - OC/Asst HC/REC

Jason Shivers - DC (Assuming that Mark Nelson is not available)

Mike Oshea - ST

No way does mos go down to st imop. And tbh if we have to get rid of him as hc I wouldnt want him back as a CO.  The rest is interesting though. 

Forget looking for a new HC, if we're looking for anyone find a GM who can get some talent on this team. Secondary needs help, d-line is a mess, linebackers didn't do much. RB can't find any room until the 4th quarter, receivers not making a huge impact. It's not coaching. 

2 minutes ago, 17to85 said:

Forget looking for a new HC, if we're looking for anyone find a GM who can get some talent on this team. Secondary needs help, d-line is a mess, linebackers didn't do much. RB can't find any room until the 4th quarter, receivers not making a huge impact. It's not coaching. 

When the whole team takes a collective dump as they have over and over again in the past few years, it has to be the coaching. The whole team played last night as if they expected to lose, and they did.

1 minute ago, 17to85 said:

So Wild, Bass and Leggett are all mediocre players now?  Same with the Dline?

Talent is there - Richie Hall's system is crap, Lapo and Willy are not on the same page at all and Osh can't manage a game.

Westerman was all CFL last year. Shologan has been a very good player for many years. Cummings was great last year. Harris has been an all CFL rb. Dressler has been very good for many years. Chris Randle is a great db. Medlock is the most accurate kicker in CFL history. Bass stood out at lb last year and was among the tackle leaders. Bryant has been an all star tackle. Ryan Smith was very good last season. Ian Wild has been an above average lb.

Is it really all on a lack of talent? Don't get me wrong, I think Walters is an issue but MOS is too. How do so many players all of the sudden go off the cliff?

8 minutes ago, rebusrankin said:

Westerman was all CFL last year. Shologan has been a very good player for many years. Cummings was great last year. Harris has been an all CFL rb. Dressler has been very good for many years. Chris Randle is a great db. Medlock is the most accurate kicker in CFL history. Bass stood out at lb last year and was among the tackle leaders. Bryant has been an all star tackle. Ryan Smith was very good last season. Ian Wild has been an above average lb.

Is it really all on a lack of talent? Don't get me wrong, I think Walters is an issue but MOS is too. How do so many players all of the sudden go off the cliff?

It all has to come down to leadership. If the players have lost confidence in the coach(es), then they default assumption is that a loss is inevitable. Willy is not doing well, and he may or may not be fixable, but letting him go out onto the field again and again when he is obviously struggling instead of putting Nichols or whomever out is all on the coaching. Willy does not seem to have the command presence to instill confidence in the team this year, and maybe he has lost it forever. He wouldn't be the first.

20 minutes ago, rebusrankin said:

Dressler hasn't played more than 5 minutes all year, Smith isn't doing much without the support of a real #! guy, kind of like Denmark. Shologan has been over rated from day 1, he's the kind of guy you can hide when he's surrounded with better players. Cumming and Westerman I got no problems with but the other end spot is a hot mess and has been Walters entire time here. Posey and Fogg are getting worked over, Johnson isn't as good as people said. Bass may have been good last year but he ain't done **** this year, it happens. 

5 minutes ago, 17to85 said:

Dressler hasn't played more than 5 minutes all year, Smith isn't doing much without the support of a real #! guy, kind of like Denmark. Shologan has been over rated from day 1, he's the kind of guy you can hide when he's surrounded with better players. Cumming and Westerman I got no problems with but the other end spot is a hot mess and has been Walters entire time here. Posey and Fogg are getting worked over, Johnson isn't as good as people said. Bass may have been good last year but he ain't done **** this year, it happens. 

Yea but who decides these players are good enough? All the great coaches know immediately whether a player has what it takes to play. MOS it takes him 4 or 5 games and in some cases a whole year to determine if the player is good enough. Look at BC  2 and 0 why? Cause Wally  knows how to coach.

8 minutes ago, bb1 said:

Yea but who decides these players are good enough? All the great coaches know immediately whether a player has what it takes to play. MOS it takes him 4 or 5 games and in some cases a whole year to determine if the player is good enough. Look at BC  2 and 0 why? Cause Wally  knows how to coach.

Does he not have options at backup? Walters brings in OK vets but no rookies. 

He was a good player and people like him. He was a successful ST coach and he has done good work with our STs. That doesn't make him a good head coach. I would have liked to have seen him learn more about personnel selection and game management, especially on the offensive side of the ball, for 4 or 5 years, before becoming a HC. 

11 minutes ago, J5V said:

He was a good player and people like him. He was a successful ST coach and he has done good work with our STs. That doesn't make him a good head coach. I would have liked to have seen him learn more about personnel selection and game management, especially on the offensive side of the ball, for 4 or 5 years, before becoming a HC. 

Both Walters and Oshea will be great CFL guys... probably with other teams unfortunately.  Osh will light up the league as an ST Coach somewhere

Walters should have spent three more years as asst GM to someone like John Murphy or Paul Jones, etc...