Around The NHL 2016/2017

2 minutes ago, iHeart said:

you do realize he will be back when he plays against winnipeg next season smarty pants

Who says Chevy doesn't dip into the free agent market and re-signs him this summer! :lol:

Edited by JCon

49 minutes ago, Jimmy Pop said:

Not trying to be factious, but what is the direction?

By posing that question I assume you don't believe our management has a direction or a direction you don't believe is viable? My assumption is they do have a direction but I'm on the fence how much significant change we need to get us into the playoffs and be competitive. I do believe we are not at the stage of blowing everything up just yet.  

What is this direction? I, like you, listen when Chevy actually talks to the media. From my gathering he is trying to assemble a roster with considerable size/strength blended with some speed. Areas of concern continue to be fielding a competitive top six forward and defensemen lineup. We seem to have rolled the dice with our goaltending approach and did not get the consistency we were looking for.  Some of these players will not be Winnipeg Jets come the 2017 2018 season.   

With the coaching staff, none too happy with some of our outputs (pp, pk, coverages, offensive/defensive zone plays etc). Are we trying to create a system that plays to our player strengths or are we trying to make our players fit into a scheme that doesn't fit to their skill sets? One might suggest the latter. 

We will reevaluate our coaching staff this off season and make the necessary changes that we believe will improve our club. No ones job, including chevy's, is 100% secure right now.

This is my educated guess to answer your question with the caveat of having no insider knowledge.

The UFA's arent part of the direction, regardless of which direction it is.  No one expected the Jets to be active today in acquiring good young talent with term that could make the Jets better.  We expected them to sell their UFA's so they get something for nothing.  And they only did it with one guy.  And maybe hes the only guy that anyone was interested in but then Chevy looks a but dishonest if he says every year teams call for Thorbs but not this year. 

Unless Thorbs is an intricate part of the direction.  And if he is, we're in really bad shape.