Around The NHL 2016/2017

1 hour ago, The Unknown Poster said:

Interesting thought here.  McPhee has basically said once he has the protected list in his hands (and thus knows who is unprotected), he's holding an auction among all other teams for players they might want.  That could get really interesting.

Bettman will shut this ship down.

I dont see why.  The NHL moved the time frame back so Vegas had more time with the list and presumably more time to communicate with other teams and make deals.  NHL would want activity and eyeballs on their product, I'd think.

Does Myers have a NMC?  If I recall, the reason we assume he'd be protected is just because he's valuable.  But if the Jets dont HAVE to protect them, wouldnt it be easier for them to make a deal with Vegas not to select him than to ask Toby to waive?

19 minutes ago, FrostyWinnipeg said:

Bettman will shut this ship down.

Why?  It's always been in the expansion draft rules to allow trades for promises to not select certain players... this isn't so different.  It's just another way for assets to go towards Vegas.  I think anything that allows Vegas more flexibility in terms to building their team will be looked upon favorably by the league.

32 minutes ago, The Unknown Poster said:

Im going to physically attack someone.  Its okay as long as I dont really mean it.

The intent was so clear and the impact on the refs life has been unimaginable. This is a disgrace, 20 games was a disgrace, and 10 games wass an embarrassment.

1 hour ago, JCon said:

The intent was so clear and the impact on the refs life has been unimaginable. This is a disgrace, 20 games was a disgrace, and 10 games wass an embarrassment.

How much pressure, I wonder, on the ref not to press criminal charges and/or sue. 

It might seem unfair, but if Im the league and Wideman ever does anything again, Im throwing the book at him, above and beyond reason.  Sort of like OJ and his Vegas conviction.  He was such a clown and lying about it and everything...disgusting.