Around The NHL 2016/2017

http://www.espn.com/nhl/story/_/id/17935169/judge-dismiss-charges-buffalo-sabres-evander-kane

This is pretty interesting considering there is allegedly video of the incidents.  But not uncommon in a "first offense" situation (though not usually one with video I would think).

So I guess Buffalo is sort of a good news/bad news place for bad boy hockey stars.  Bad in that they get into trouble but good in that the trouble goes away.

“Given that they’re in the wait period and Andrew Hammond’s (hurt), Nicholle told Craig to phone me, which he did during the game. We talked to Craig after the game and it was determined that because they’re in a wait period and they were going to drive to Ottawa together as a family today that it would be all right for Craig to come and rejoin his team.”

The Isles screwed up...they let Okposo go and he signed for 6m for 7 years. They signed Ladd for 5.5m for 7 years. Ladd has 1 point in 9 games and Okposo has 7 points in 7 games. Okposo is younger and better as well. I know they play opposite wings but why not re-sign Okpsos?

14 hours ago, Ducky said:

The Isles screwed up...they let Okposo go and he signed for 6m for 7 years. They signed Ladd for 5.5m for 7 years. Ladd has 1 point in 9 games and Okposo has 7 points in 7 games. Okposo is younger and better as well. I know they play opposite wings but why not re-sign Okpsos?

I took Ladd in my pool.  What a mistake.  Jets looks even smarter today for moving away from Ladd and not giving him $6m+.  And they have Ladd for SEVEN years?

3 hours ago, The Unknown Poster said:

I took Ladd in my pool.  What a mistake.  Jets looks even smarter today for moving away from Ladd and not giving him $6m+.  And they have Ladd for SEVEN years?

I'm not necessarily saying Ladd's worth his contract but it is early in the season, I wouldn't give up on Ladd just yet.

Based on what Lawless has said,   the reason Copp isn't playing is because they want him to gain much more experience in the AHL rather then him sitting and playing crap minutes with the big team.   I'm in favour of them doing this. 

Now Dano sitting... that seems to be a waste to me.

3 hours ago, HardCoreBlue said:

I'm not necessarily saying Ladd's worth his contract but it is early in the season, I wouldn't give up on Ladd just yet.

I'd rather have Okposo. Averaged over 61 points a year for the last 3 seasons and is three years younger.

13 hours ago, FrostyWinnipeg said:

That's interesting but not surprising.

I think Chevy was fortunate to keep Buff and not Ladd. Thank goodness Ladd held out for more money! He got it and the Islanders will be saddled with that contract for seven years.

The poor GM that replaces Snow will curse his name everyday.