Around The NHL 2016/2017

3 minutes ago, Ducky said:

Most analysts had him going 18-23.

Yup.  NHL had him ranked #19 among North American's.  A quick look at pre-draft mocks had him going 18 in some.  So regardless of what happens, Jets didnt take a chance on him at #18.  Aside from trading for that spot and thats really what makes people add a caveat here...the fact the Jets traded up to get that pick.

3 minutes ago, The Unknown Poster said:

Yup.  NHL had him ranked #19 among North American's.  A quick look at pre-draft mocks had him going 18 in some.  So regardless of what happens, Jets didnt take a chance on him at #18.  Aside from trading for that spot and thats really what makes people add a caveat here...the fact the Jets traded up to get that pick.

That's exactly the point...  no way Stanley was higher than McAvoy or Chychryn on their list - so pull the trigger on that trade or wait and draft Clague, Cholowski or Johansen...  anyway water under the bridge.

2 hours ago, Noeller said:

I'd love to hear the story of how you got to see Chevy's list...

I was just assuming it wasn't written in crayon.

Or based on every other scouting report available... but you're right, they probably wanted Stanley instead of Chychryn and McAvoy.  

Like I said earlier maybe Chevy didn't want to give up what he had to give up to move up that high  and if most analysts and if most analysts had him around that area I don't think he's that much of a gamble to be honest.

Edited by Ducky

17 minutes ago, Ducky said:

Like I said earlier maybe Chevy didn't want to give up what he had to give up to move up that high  and if most analysts and if most analysts had him around that area I don't think he's that much of a gamble to be honest.

Well we won't know for 4-5 years anyway.  

$5.25...  Well, Trouba's life just got more complicated.  Jets are happy.

Dont the Ducks have LESS than $5.25 in cap space?

EDIT: seeing reports that this puts Ducks $1.4 million over the cap so will have to make a move.  Ill tell you, if Lindholm is available, I'd trade Trouba all day long for Lind at that price.

Edited by The Unknown Poster

5 minutes ago, The Unknown Poster said:

$5.25...  Well, Trouba's life just got more complicated.  Jets are happy.

Dont the Ducks have LESS than $5.25 in cap space?

EDIT: seeing reports that this puts Ducks $1.4 million over the cap so will have to make a move.  Ill tell you, if Lindholm is available, I'd trade Trouba all day long for Lind at that price.

I'd take Lindholm over Trouba too. The problem is the Ducks almost certainly feel the same way.