2016 Playoffs

Ducky

1 hour ago, IC Khari said:

So Ladd turns down the Jets offer to lose in the first round of the playoffs (like last season). Good luck finding a suitor that will pay you what you turned down last season. Maybe Columbus will take you. Thanks for the draft pick Chicago ...

What happens with Ladd will be interesting because I dont think his play in the playoffs really showed a lot either.  In Winnipeg he was a big fish in a small pond and in Chicago it was somewhat the reverse.  He should have offers, but teams being more cognizant of spending arent likely to make him top tier offers.  Maybe he looks at $4m to move back into his house in Winnipeg.

8 minutes ago, bustamente said:

Why Ladd did not resign with Winnipeg is between Chevy and himself, did he over value himself, did he not want to be part of a rebuild/retool i have no idea but i think the Jets have moved on. He may take less money to play for a contender but he wont to play here.

Im not one to wish for Ladd to return because it's highly unlikely in this situations, though not unheard of.  But I think it would be difficult for Ladd to come back because it would be for less money and it would be hung around his neck.  And he'd be coming back without the "c".  Although Chipman was asked and said he told Ladd he'd be welcome back (or something to that effect).

But it would be very difficult to allocate resources to him for 5-6 years I think...But as a 2nd line LW who probably ends up a really good 3rd line LW as time marches on, I wouldnt be against it...if the price was right.

Edmonton needs to spend money on defence not a guy who thinks he's worth 6 mil for 6 years plus he didn't like the rebuild plans in Winnipeg and Edmonton seems to be spinning it's wheels. Ladd doesn't have many options especially if the cap stays at the same number.

17to85 and I were just talking about Ladd to Edm last night and saying that he's gonna want way more money than Edm can afford on a guy like that. Any big money they toss around will be on D for sure....