2016 Playoffs

Ducky

11 minutes ago, Taynted_Fayth said:

sooooo... 2 teams in jeopardy of getting knocked out tonight (Blackhawks and Detroit)  what exactly was the deal with chicago impacting that Ladd trade,  an early exit was good or bad for us?

I haven't watched much of the Chicago series but the rabid Chicago fan that works next door was cursing Ladd's name the other day about some stupid penalty he took.  I just couldn't help laughing.

10 minutes ago, The Unknown Poster said:

Well there is always a bigger issue.  But if you were a gay person today this would be a really big issue for you.  The reason Gary and others wrote their article is because they see the opportunity the NHL and the players have when something like this hits the mainstream in a big way.  The opportunities to be leaders and show positive role modelling.  

How many kids play hockey?  How many are gay or confused and closeted?  And are subjected to these words?  In the past it  might be black kids being called the N word or other racially motivated insults.  And we all agree that is unacceptable, right?  Its the same thing for gays.  It just is.  This is a human rights issue.  And because we didn't live through the civil rights era (most of us), maybe we don't understand.  We just accept it, we think its crazy that a time existed when blacks were considered sub human.  But we're living in an era where gays struggle every single day to be treated equally.

If your son was gay and subjected to slurs, you would be outraged I am sure.  People on here know who I am so I don't want to get too personally and speak on others behalf my a family member, a young family member just broke up with her gf and I've seen her struggle with being bullied for being "different".  And as I said,  my best friend has gone through it.  

We have yet to have an NHL player openly come out as gay.  And we can guess as to why that is.  It will happen eventually and it will be a positive thing for the struggle of the gay community.

For the record I don't think you or Goalie or Brandon or whomever are homophobes.  I don't know you guys well enough to say but I would always assume the best in people.  And Im glad the moderators have let this discussion go because i thinks a worthy discussion.  And again, I apologize if I over stepped.  But its near and dear to me.

OMFG, you just don't know when to quit. You're this site's internet version of someone carpet bombing the enemy. Kill everyone off with hyperbole & thousands of words. Whatever dude, I'm done.

1 minute ago, iso_55 said:

OMFG, you just don't know when to quit. You're this site's internet version of someone carpet bombing the enemy. Kill everyone off with hyperbole & thousands of words. Whatever dude, I'm done.

lol if you don't want to read don't read. I was trying to be nice to you. Lost cause. Goodbye. 

3 minutes ago, kelownabomberfan said:

I haven't watched much of the Chicago series but the rabid Chicago fan that works next door was cursing Ladd's name the other day about some stupid penalty he took.  I just couldn't help laughing.

I didn't see that either but saw it mentioned on Twitter. I guess ladd was being bullied for taking a bad penalty or something lol. 

What do you all make of the Hawks in general? Is St Louis just really really good or is the Hawks window closing 

1 minute ago, The Unknown Poster said:

I didn't see that either but saw it mentioned on Twitter. I guess ladd was being bullied for taking a bad penalty or something lol. 

What do you all make of the Hawks in general? Is St Louis just really really good or is the Hawks window closing 

I just don't think you can replace some of the tough grinders and skill guys they had like Sharp and Saad with Russians and expect to go far in the play-offs.  But that's just my inner Don Cherry speaking.

6 minutes ago, kelownabomberfan said:

I just don't think you can replace some of the tough grinders and skill guys they had like Sharp and Saad with Russians and expect to go far in the play-offs.  But that's just my inner Don Cherry speaking.

And they still have cap issues and no first round draft pick. Who gets shipped out next?

Was bound to happen for the Hawks. They have played tons of hockey the last 3 years now really. Takes its toll. 2 time cup Champs right. That's lots of hockey.  St Louis is fresher and elliot is having a career year. 

Edited by Goalie

I wouldn't complain too much if I were a Blackhawk fan. They have done an outstanding job of slicing and dicing their lineup and filling with spare pieces and.....winning, all while hovering close to the cap. (And their goaltenders don't get called for penalties?)

1 hour ago, Mr Dee said:

I wouldn't complain too much if I were a Blackhawk fan. They have done an outstanding job of slicing and dicing their lineup and filling with spare pieces and.....winning, all while hovering close to the cap. (And their goaltenders don't get called for penalties?)

Do you think we can pick their pocket this summer?  I'm not a big Hawks fan so not super familiar with their line up and cap scenario. But I keep seeing how they will have problems this summer. 

3 hours ago, kelownabomberfan said:

Are you calling Patrick Sharp a tough grinder, or am I reading this wrong?

Edited by sweep the leg

On 4/14/2016 at 8:18 AM, Ducky said:

Pick 'em, mine are bolded with how many games after.

Chi-St. L                    Hawks 7

Dal-Min                     Stars 5

Ana-NSH                   Ducks 6

LA-SJ                         Kings 5

WSH-Phi                   Caps 5

Flo-NYI                      Isles  6

TB-Det                      TB 6     TB in 5

NYR-Pit                     Pit 5

Kane with the winner in double OT. ST Louis should win the series cuz i think it will be tough for Chicago to beat them 3 games in a row but... You never know. The earliest chicagos pick could be would be 20 but it's unlikely so anywhere from 20 to 24 i think if they get knocked out in the first round. 

My team Pens advance and look good doing it without Fleury. My other team preds appear in full choke mode. 

St Louis poised to do Jets a favour and eliminate Chicago. 

Talk of changes in New York this summer. They have no first round draft pick either. 

If Hawks are eliminated I'd be curious as to whether they make minor changes to stay under the cap or larger changes. As good as they are they seem completely out classes by Blues.  Now watch them win the series...