2016 Playoffs

Ducky

Pick 'em, mine are bolded with how many games after.

Chi-St. L                    Hawks 7

Dal-Min                     Stars 5

Ana-NSH                   Ducks 6

LA-SJ                         Kings 5

WSH-Phi                   Caps 5

Flo-NYI                      Isles  6

TB-Det                      TB 6

NYR-Pit                     Pit 5

1 hour ago, Ducky said:

Pick 'em, mine are bolded with how many games after.

Chi-St. L                    Hawks D

Dal-Min                     Stars 5 O

Ana-NSH                   DucksN

LA-SJ                         KingsT

WSH-Phi                   Caps C

Flo-NYI                      Isles  A

TB-Det                      TB R

NYR-Pit                     PitE

Yup. But they are the best team in the East probably and best team in the league based on points in the regular season. Washington Pitt will be a tough match up when it comes to that tho. The winner of that series will win the CUP. Not a huge fan of Wash but i do like OVI and would love to see him lift a cup and well, gotta respect Manitoba boys Barry Trotz and Eric Fehr. 

I'm hoping for an early Chicago exit. That's all i want to see. 

Edited by Goalie

10 minutes ago, Goalie said:

Yup. But they are the best team in the East probably and best team in the league based on points in the regular season. Washington Pitt will be a tough match up when it comes to that tho. The winner of that series will win the CUP. Not a huge fan of Wash but i do like OVI and would love to see him lift a cup and well, gotta respect Manitoba boys Barry Trotz and Eric Fehr. 

I'm hoping for an early Chicago exit. That's all i want to see. 

Correct me if Im wrong but if CHicago is first team eliminated, it makes their pick the 15th overall in the draft (thus our second 1st round pick would be 15)?

20 minutes ago, Goalie said:

I think the earliest it can be is pick 20. 

16 teams made the Playoffs, right?  Leaving 14 non-playoff teams.  If the playoff teams are ranked for the draft by order of elimination, then the first team eliminated would be 15... but then again, you could have several teams eliminated in 4 games so then how are they ranked?

I went into my playoff pool draft all smug thinking I'd just pick off Panthers and then watched as they were gobbled up in droves, so then I started thinking hey maybe the Islanders can go three rounds...and grabbed a bunch of Islanders.  That's how I've won a few pools in my day, just grabbing a dark horse and going against the grain.  That's also how I've lost a lot of pools in my day too.  Anyway, I grabbed Tavares and Okposo while guys were taking the third line guys from Washington...

Edited by kelownabomberfan

only dark horse that ever did anything for me in a playoff pool was the lone year Carolina won it all. I really benefitted from cam ward playing on his head that year. I loaded up with Panthers and Kings this year,   LA did me good, but despite all these goals yesterdays i got shut out with florida.  I picked a lot of Jagr's line now i wish i picked smith's lol

Edited by Taynted_Fayth

8 minutes ago, kelownabomberfan said:

I went into my playoff pool draft all smug thinking I'd just pick off Panthers and then watched as they were gobbled up in droves, so then I started thinking hey maybe the Islanders can go three rounds...and grabbed a bunch of Islanders.  That's how I've won a few pools in my day, just grabbing a dark horse and going against the grain.  That's also how I've lost a lot of pools in my day too.  Anyway, I grabbed Tavares and Okposo while guys were taking the third line guys from Washington...

Playoff pools are fun...but pretty much luck of the draw or solid guess work.  The real talent is picking the right mix of players that will advance and grabbing the top scorers of teams that wont.

I once won a playoff pool with no players in the cup final at all but had amassed enough points to still win.

This year, I wanted the Pens because I figured I'd have a good shot at landing them.  But I had had first pick, I would have held my nose and chosen Ovi.  We use the snake method so the first guy took Ovi and by the time he picked again, all the best Caps were gone.  I picked 5th, grabbed Crosby.  It came back to me and I got Letang.  It wasnt until a few rounds later some **** took a Pens player.

Took Malkin middle of the pack too.  Have a few Preds...so that was my sleeper pick.  No one was taking them so I figured why not, grab their best scorers and hope they win a round or two.

15 minutes ago, The Unknown Poster said:

How about if, say, the Hawks get eliminated in 4 but the Kings get eliminated in 6. 

It doesn't matter when they get eliminated... the 8 teams eliminated in the first round are ranked in reverse order based on record.. for example if the following teams get eliminated (ranked best record to worst): Chi, NYI, SJ, TB, Nash, Phil, Det, Min, then the draft picks would be #15 Min, #16 Det, #17 Phl, etc... in which case Chi would be #22

4 minutes ago, Taynted_Fayth said:

I'm doing my pool with sportsnet this year,  we used to get a bunch of us together and conference call mock draft our picks.  worst pick i ever made was Scott Stevens on a Trap-perfected NJ team.  never pick a defensemen again lol

I took 6 D men this year.  Didnt even realise it til the end.  We're required to pick 2.

Here is my team (be nice lol):

Not in order of chosen either, BTW

Brad Richards

Mike Ribeiro

James Neal

Ryan Johansen

Phil Kessel

Hagelin

Malkin

Crosby

Ekblad

Josi

Letang

Daley

Matta

Weber

Fleury

6 minutes ago, bearpants said:

It doesn't matter when they get eliminated... the 8 teams eliminated in the first round are ranked in reverse order based on record.. for example if the following teams get eliminated (ranked best record to worst): Chi, NYI, SJ, TB, Nash, Phil, Det, Min, then the draft picks would be #15 Min, #16 Det, #17 Phl, etc... in which case Chi would be #22

Thanks for that.  Go Islanders! :)

Unlikely that 2 of WASH Dallas Flordia or Pitt lose in round 1, having them all lose in round 1 would really improve that Chicago pick... Flordia could lose.. the other 3 seem pretty unlikely to lose tho. I think NYI takes out Flordia for sure. 

2 minutes ago, Goalie said:

Unlikely that 2 of WASH Dallas Flordia or Pitt lose in round 1, having them all lose in round 1 would really improve that Chicago pick... Flordia could lose.. the other 3 seem pretty unlikely to lose tho. I think NYI takes out Flordia for sure. 

I hope so because my friend that scooped one of my Pens players chose mostly Florida. 

Flordia sort of reminds of the Jets last year, good young team but seems to be lacking the experience right now. Yeah you can say Jagr but i could say Ladd, yeah you can say Luongo but i could say Buff, It's the same thing really. Florida is a good young team who isn't quite there yet. NYI have been down to the playoffs many times and knows what it takes to get the job done. NYI will definitely win the series, wouldn't be surprised if it was in 4 or 5 games either. 

1 hour ago, The Unknown Poster said:

I took 6 D men this year.  Didnt even realise it til the end.  We're required to pick 2.

Here is my team (be nice lol):

Not in order of chosen either, BTW

Brad Richards

Mike Ribeiro

James Neal

Ryan Johansen

Phil Kessel

Hagelin

Malkin

Crosby

Ekblad

Josi

Letang

Daley

Matta

Weber

Fleury

your really banking on pitts! lol I thought I saw on sports center Fleury might be back in net but what was Malkin status?  if Lundquists eye isnt that bad I still think the rangers will win. 

I usually do a mock bracket prediction before I pick my players,  and try and load up with who i think will be in the final 4 so at the very least i'll have some players in the final

this year i'd have gone heavy with LA, Chi, Washinton and Florida myself

Edited by Taynted_Fayth