2016 Playoffs

Ducky

17 minutes ago, Goalie said:

Yup Drouin looking like a beast for sure. Stamkos might be done in Tampa, and Tampa will be fine since they have so much young talent there it's crazy... Kucherov is gonna get paid. 

Too bad we couldnt shake Drouin lose when we had the chance (not that we really had a chance).  it would still be a shame for Tampa to lose Stamkos for nothing.  Hopefully they can get something by trading his rights before free agency.

Rumors are they want to sign Stamkos but who knows really, Wouldn't it be something if Tampa went on to  win the cup without Stamkos? Then perhaps it makes their decision easier to move on from him? I don't know. I doubt teams would give up much of anything for the rights to Stamkos unless they know for sure he'd sign with them and who knows what Stamkos is thinking. 

Hey guys, just catching up on this thread... so how about that Andrew Shaw thing.... Just kidding  :( :huh: :lol: (I can't decide which emotion is appropriate)...

I can't imagine why Tampa would pay Stamkos 10M/year when you look at how well the team plays without him... best case scenario for them is they can get a conditional pick for his rights to the leafs before the draft...

Tampa signed the contract so I wouldn't feel bad for them. Didn't have to give Stamkos all that power. 

Anyways .. Dallas embarrassed at home 6 1 in game 7. One of the worst game 7 home losses in recent history. No extra 1st Rd pick for Calgary 

15 minutes ago, Goalie said:

Tampa signed the contract so I wouldn't feel bad for them. Didn't have to give Stamkos all that power. 

Anyways .. Dallas embarrassed at home 6 1 in game 7. One of the worst game 7 home losses in recent history. No extra 1st Rd pick for Calgary 

Im watching the goals DAL gave up and man it looked like STL was playing WPG.

For Tampa Bay regarding Stamkos it's a easy decision if they go to the Stanley Cup and win Stamkos is not resigned they have a well rounded team and need cap space to pay the core that has played very well without Stamkos, let the Leafs sign him for 10 mil and in 3-4 years you'll hear Leaf fans complaining that the cap is to low and they can't sign RFA's because of the boat anchor contract Stamkos signed.

Stanley Cup predictions anyone...

I think it will be St Louis in 7 and Pittsburgh in 7 (gotta figure both series' have the chance to go the distance)...

Then St Louis in 6 for the Cup... I think they have enough speed to keep up with Pitt and will dominate them physically...

Niemi has a NMC so he's not going anywhere, Lehtonen maybe, but not sure who would take him for what he's being paid right now. 

Dallas needs to fix the D, Lehtonen was the only reason they made it to game 7. 

I hope San Jose or St Louis win the cup. Pittsburgh? Meh, been there done that, I've seen them win it before, Tampa? I vaguely remember them winning it before, San Jose? I'd love to see Thornton finally get to lift the Cup. 

I'll say this, If the Sharks play like they played last night, in 8 games they will be Stanley Cup Champs. 

Edited by Goalie

The Sharks just have so much scoring depth.  They also have competent defence and goaltending.  I suppose you could say that about all 4 remaining teams but there is just something about having young guys like Couture and Pavelski leading the charge while letting Marleau and Thornton support them.... It seems like a winning combination.

7 minutes ago, FrostyWinnipeg said:

STL/Sharks make me happy. STL because they are the last of the original expansion teams to win a cup and Sharks cause while they remind me of the Jets in a way with their arena.

PITTS/TAMPA have won cups. Don't need another.

I hope people dont feel that the Jets can win one cup and then never again.  Win as many as possible!  Go PENS Go!!!