Wrestling

Rich

53 minutes ago, sweep the leg said:

Anybody else think that bit at the end of Smackdown with Randy Orton and Bray Wyatt was terrible? Super cheesy imo.

I almost think it was meant to be.  Orton doing his pose in front of a burning building where the remains of Bray's sister are buried is far too ridiculous to have been meant seriously.  But you never know. 

Also, the guy who lied about his motives and pretended to be a friend and then who tracked down a guy's dead sister's body and then burned them just to be a **** is the babyface in the feud.  lol

1 hour ago, FrostyWinnipeg said:

Interesting quote in that article... sounds like he wants to follow CM Punk to the UFC!  At least Swagger has a wrestling background to fall back on if he goes into mma.

"I left because I wasn't getting opportunities, but the world of wrestling is broadening and it's a great time to be a wrestler. I'm young. I'm very excited about going to Mexico, Japan ... if someone wants to pay me to get in the cage, I'm down

So TNA relaunched again tonight. They dropped TNA and are officially Impact Wrestling. 

Alberto debuted and might have won the world title (screwjob finish)

their new vision is to openly blame the "former regime" for sucking and killing the company. They mentioned all the former stars by name (AJ, Joe, Angle etc) and said they are gone due to bad leadership. 

So....that's interesting. 

well I didn't watch fastlane but a little surprised by a few of the results;

1. Not the fact owens lost,  but in 22 secs.  I'd be disappointed if i paid money to see that.

2. Bayley beats charlotte. bayley sucks.

3. Roman reigns pins Strowman. I'd have rather seen Lesnar beat Strowman, after weeks of reigns barely able to get strowman down to 1 knee with everything he's got,  he suddenly wins? nope i don't buy it,  boo that man.

Edited by Taynted_Fayth

So much dumb crammed into 3 hours. :unsure:

Jinder freaking Mahal beats the tar out of Rusev... Uhhhh.

The ultimate goody twoshoes Bayley wins with outside interference as the conniving heel competes honourably. Bayley and Sasha proceed to gloat about in on the after show.  WWE faces, ladies and gentlemen!

Which guy that appears 5 times a year will leave Wrestlemania as champion?!

:wacko:

5 minutes ago, Taynted_Fayth said:

I figured Goldberg would win, but that 22 secs bothers me.  If he can't wrestle anymore longer than 2 mins then he should drop the belt tonight or in the coming weeks back to owens when he invokes his rematch

I dont think its about not being able to wrestle.  Its about the gimmick.  That's his gimmick.  Killing guys quick.  His match with Brock at WM will be longer.

8 minutes ago, The Unknown Poster said:

I dont think its about not being able to wrestle.  Its about the gimmick.  That's his gimmick.  Killing guys quick.  His match with Brock at WM will be longer.

thats a horrible gimmick then (or at best long past it's best before date). It's one thing if he was having squash matches on a reg monday night against even a mid carder like a dolph ziggler or sami zayn type but squash matches at PPVs? and against the champ, and/or other supposed freaks of nature in Lesnar....  As a fan, I would be pretty pissed off this is what they are feeding me for a PPV

At least they gave Owens a bit of an out on the squash with Jericho distracting him.

I loved the welterweight title match. I thought the little English guy (forget his name) would be legit hurt when he landed on his head from that suplex. The rest of it was pretty meh.

Any idea why Rusev is losing all the time now? I liked his character...

18 minutes ago, Taynted_Fayth said:

thats a horrible gimmick then (or at best long past it's best before date). It's one thing if he was having squash matches on a reg monday night against even a mid carder like a dolph ziggler or sami zayn type but squash matches at PPVs? and against the champ, and/or other supposed freaks of nature in Lesnar....  As a fan, I would be pretty pissed off this is what they are feeding me for a PPV

Why?  The fans are reacting positively.  Remember, this isnt about selling PPV's for $60 anymore.  And no one watching last night thought the match was going longer than 30 seconds.  The risk was in doing it with Brock at SS but the reaction was extremely positive.

3 minutes ago, sweep the leg said:

At least they gave Owens a bit of an out on the squash with Jericho distracting him.

I loved the welterweight title match. I thought the little English guy (forget his name) would be legit hurt when he landed on his head from that suplex. The rest of it was pretty meh.

Any idea why Rusev is losing all the time now? I liked his character...

I havent heard anything recently but he and Lana caused heat by daring to be a couple in real life and getting engaged and buying a house.  Lana in particular.  Vince loved her which is why they were split (he figured a woman like Lana wouldnt be with a guy like Rusev) and then her face turn fizzled and as soon as they split them up, Lana tweeted about her engagement to Rusev which pissed people off.

So they were in the doghouse for awhile.  I dont get it either.  Rusev is really good.  Unless they are hot that he cut his hair without permission...

49 minutes ago, The Unknown Poster said:

I havent heard anything recently but he and Lana caused heat by daring to be a couple in real life and getting engaged and buying a house.  Lana in particular.  Vince loved her which is why they were split (he figured a woman like Lana wouldnt be with a guy like Rusev) and then her face turn fizzled and as soon as they split them up, Lana tweeted about her engagement to Rusev which pissed people off.

So they were in the doghouse for awhile.  I dont get it either.  Rusev is really good.  Unless they are hot that he cut his hair without permission...

Rusev is a real funny guy tons of personality. Can't wait till they start giving him the mic more often. Is a guy I think you handle being moved up the card.

TNA is suing the Hardy's over the "Broken Universe" gimmick. 

Tna sent them a "best wishes" message and then sent then a cease and desist. Since Hardy's were appearing on ROH PPV last night they also sent ROH and cable operators a cease and desist. 

Matt's wife Reby sky went on a tirade on twitter. 

Tons more from reby if you want to check her twitter. 

9 hours ago, Taynted_Fayth said:

Found it interesting reading the report on the Raw house show in Toronto the final match was Samoa Joe, HHH and Kevin Owens vs Sami Zayn, Chris Jericho and Finn Balor.  I know house shows mean squat cuz they aren't on TV, but I wonder if they are getting ready to move Balor to Raw shortly

Balor was with RAW.  He was the first Universal Champion before suffering an injury (actually injured in the match where he won the universal title against Seth Rollins).  He is back and ready to go and these house shows are to get the rust off.  They are also MSG which WWE tries to load up and for Hunter to work off rust before WrestleMania.

Rumour is booking plans are for Hunter to have a new stable.  Owens, Joe...???