Wrestling

Rich

Pretty good PPV.  Tag team turmoil was good, looks like they're setting up a rivalry between AA and the Usos.  Usos are way better now than they were as faces, I wouldn't mind a title run for them.  Ascension seems to be scraping their way back to respectability in the weak SD tag division.

So happy for Naomi!  I'm a huge fan of hers.  I love Alexa Bliss but seeing Naomi finally win is worth it.  Finish looked a little awkward on that one though.

Elimination Chamber match was okay.  I feel like they could involve the structure a little more but it wasn't bad.  I wasn't a big fan of Baron Corbin initially but he keeps growing on me.  He's getting better and better.  The attack on Ambrose seems to indicate a feud for the IC title and I think that's about where he belongs.  And FINALLY Bray Wyatt wins a title.  He deserves it.  And he won it the right way, by eliminating both Cena and Styles on the way to the win.  Sets him up strong for WM vs Randy where I'm not sure if he will retain or lose it... I lean towards retaining.

Speaking of Randy, his match with Luke Harper was easily the highlight of the night.  That feud likely isn't over but I wouldn't mind seeing Harper involved in the IC title picture either, he is easily capable.  Although Rowan might be back soon and that would be a nice shot for the tag team division to put those two back together. 

Overall 7/10.  Liked the title changes and some entertaining matches.  Some boring ones too.  Smackdown has a lot of time to kill until Wrestlemania but there won't be a lack of storylines.

13 minutes ago, Atomic said:

I feel like RAW needs him more.  How many times can we watch Roman Reigns, Braun Strowman, KO, and Y2J?

However having him on SD fighting against AJ Styles would be pretty awesome.

Keep in mind RAW has Balor and now Joe.

How many times can we watch Orton, Cena, Styles and Wyatt? ;)

15 minutes ago, Goalie said:

I'm sure not long after mania they will "shake things up" with another draft. I see Styles and possibly Cena going to Raw. Perhaps Roman to SD to be the man.  

Cena cant be counted on regularly anymore.  Lots of Hollywood options. 

I have a feeling WWE might be building to a major angle.  Roman heel turn at WM or the following night's RAW?

1 hour ago, Mike said:

Keep in mind RAW has Balor and now Joe.

How many times can we watch Orton, Cena, Styles and Wyatt? ;)

The difference is that SD makes an effort to shake up the match card every week.  We get served up a lot of Dean Ambrose, The Miz, and Baron Corbin in the main event scene (and the more talented SD women get more airtime too) whereas RAW is the same 4 guys re-configured into tag matches or non-title matches every single week.

Balor and Joe is a good point.  But I feel like Goalie is right and we will be getting a whole new draft or some kind of shakeup after WM.

12 minutes ago, Atomic said:

The difference is that SD makes an effort to shake up the match card every week.  We get served up a lot of Dean Ambrose, The Miz, and Baron Corbin in the main event scene (and the more talented SD women get more airtime too) whereas RAW is the same 4 guys re-configured into tag matches or non-title matches every single week.

Balor and Joe is a good point.  But I feel like Goalie is right and we will be getting a whole new draft or some kind of shakeup after WM.

SD has better writers.  Ryan Ward and Road Dogg.  NXT hasnt been nearly the same since Ward was promoted.

On 2/14/2017 at 0:53 AM, The Unknown Poster said:

Very good. I hope they intended for Owens to be the heel. It's a bit odd for the guy turning face to be attacked. But it was really good. 

Charlotte vs Bayley was great. Who here said Bayley was no good?? Fantastic match. 

I'm not a fan of Bayley but I did not see this particular match so I can't comment

39 minutes ago, Goalie said:

She's a great in ring performer. Her mic skills are awful tho 

Here's a funny story (speaking of mic skills).  They spent weeks doing Emmalina vignettes and then on RAW they had her come out and say she's going back to Emma.  The story going around is after several rehearsals, she just couldnt pull off what they wanted so they scrapped it.  The idea of the character was to be a Sable-type sexpot.

10 minutes ago, The Unknown Poster said:

Here's a funny story (speaking of mic skills).  They spent weeks doing Emmalina vignettes and then on RAW they had her come out and say she's going back to Emma.  The story going around is after several rehearsals, she just couldnt pull off what they wanted so they scrapped it.  The idea of the character was to be a Sable-type sexpot.

I believe it.  I was really quite shocked that they were changing her character anyways.  I liked badass Emma even though we didn't see her for very long before she got injured.  Keep rolling with that.