Wrestling

Rich

1 hour ago, Atomic said:

They seem to like the "casual clothes" for the surprise debut.  Gallows and Anderson looked about the same when they first appeared and others have as well.  I think it goes back to the original appearance of Hall and Nash in WCW... seems more "real" when they are in street clothes?  I don't know.

I didnt see where Joe came out from but I have to assume he was "in the crowd" so the casual clothes is meant to blend him in.  I've never seen a wrestler jump out of the crowd in a surprise attack in the wrestling tights.  If they do theres usually a long decent through the crowd like the way reigns used to come out

When Rollins suffered his knee injury he was the best wrestler in the WWE. When he came back it was to a huge pop as a face but they kept him a heel. Now he's a face but he hasn't had one single belt since he came back & I don't know why. Now, it just looks like Seth's character is just being beaten down almost to the point of irrelevance.

7 minutes ago, SpeedFlex27 said:

When Rollins suffered his knee injury he was the best wrestler in the WWE. When he came back it was to a huge pop as a face but they kept him a heel. Now he's a face but he hasn't had one single belt since he came back & I don't know why. Now, it just looks like Seth's character is just being beaten down almost to the point of irrelevance.

They badly dropped the ball with him as a heel on his return.  But that was prior to Balor's injury if I recall.  So that changed things.  They always planned for Seth vs Hunter so the idea was to keep him a heel until they started the build up for the feud.  Then Balor got hurt and they needed a new face.  But it's really hurt Seth.

Its not unreasonable to hang it on Hunter because the exact same thing happened when Orton turned face out of Evolution.  They did it backwards with Orton turning face not because he turned on the heels but because the heels kicked him out.  Its a weak motive.  Im a good guy because Id rather be a bad guy but the bad guys think I suck.

When The Four Horsemen turned on Sting they were all faces and they gave him an ultimatum to give up his title shot against Flair or else.  He did the honorable thing by keeping the title shot and they all turned heel on him.  He was the honorable one. 

In Evolution, Orton was the loser.  For Seth, same thing.  Loser who Hunter decided he didnt want to hang out with anymore.  At the very least they should have had him reject Hunter's help and want to win the title on his own.  Not only would it have made him honorable but it would have given Hunter motive for helping Owens.  Remember when Steph was shocked that Hunter helped Owens because she was still on Seth's side?  yeah, neither do WWE writers.

Rollins injured his previously-injured knee in his brawl with Joe on RAW.  Could be out long-term.  They are working on alternative plans for Hunter at WM.

Not sure if there will be heat on Joe but he previously nearly killed Tyson Kidd (not his fault but it happened against him).

Top of my head, I'd wonder if they'd bring Balor back as Seth's proxy against Hunter.

7 minutes ago, The Unknown Poster said:

Rollins injured his previously-injured knee in his brawl with Joe on RAW.  Could be out long-term.  They are working on alternative plans for Hunter at WM.

Not sure if there will be heat on Joe but he previously nearly killed Tyson Kidd (not his fault but it happened against him).

Top of my head, I'd wonder if they'd bring Balor back as Seth's proxy against Hunter.

I'd argue the Tyson Kidd incident was partially his fault for using such a dangerous move in the first place.

That sucks about Rollins.  He's one of the best they've got.  Y2J will probably be gone after Wrestlemania too so RAW could be getting a little thin.  If they're planning on filling gaps created by Rollins/Jericho with Balor/Samoa Joe... yikes.  Things not looking good for RAW!

13 minutes ago, Atomic said:

I'd argue the Tyson Kidd incident was partially his fault for using such a dangerous move in the first place.

That sucks about Rollins.  He's one of the best they've got.  Y2J will probably be gone after Wrestlemania too so RAW could be getting a little thin.  If they're planning on filling gaps created by Rollins/Jericho with Balor/Samoa Joe... yikes.  Things not looking good for RAW!

The Muscle Buster?  Hes used it for years.  And still does.  It was the Muscle Buster that hurt Kidd, wasnt it?  Nak should be up too, I'd think post-WM RAW but maybe sooner now.

Hunter/Shane is the right direction and save AJ for someone better (like Nak or Joe).

Yeah the Muscle buster looks pretty dangerous to me.  Basically fold the guy up like an accordion.  Maybe not.  But Kidd has the injury to show for it.

Nak vs AJ would be INCREDIBLE.  I think it was on the NXT takeover pre-Wrestlemania last year that Nak wrestled Sami Zayn and it was one of the best matches I've ever seen.

He also had the "injury" in his match against Bobby Roode on Saturday.  I don't know what that means for his future and when he will be up with the main roster.

Bobby Roode is a guy I can't wait for.  He's my favourite in NXT right now.

The word on Seth is a torn MCL with an eight week recovery so that would have him back in time for WM if everything went perfectly.  It will be interesting to see if they go to plan B immediately or give Seth a chance to make it.  With it being Hunter I wonder if they'd take the chance of Seth not making it.  He certainly wont make the Fastlane PPV.  I could see them introducing a proxy, such as Balor, to take the Joe match at Fastlane and then he could take the WM match if need be.

Ofcourse, Balor stepping in to defend Seth doesnt make any sense since Seth injured him.  Scrapping it totally and going with Hunter/Shane makes the most sense and is the bigger draw.  Let Joe kill someone at Fastlane and if Seth can go at WM, you do Seth vs Joe there.

10 minutes ago, Mike said:

One thing I heard mentioned on a dirtsheet yesterday was the possibility of Joe vs. HHH

That'd be a pretty easy story to write, except I'd be scared of them giving HHH the win and killing all of Joe's potential momentum.

Yeah Im not sure I like that one.  If its me, I send Joe to SD to attack, setting up Shane vs Hunter and Joe vs Styles.  Have Joe kill someone at Fastlane to get even more over.  WM is Joe vs Styles and if Seth can go, re-insert him on the go-home RAW and make it a three way.

Problem with Joe vs HHH is HHH told Joe to take Rollins out pretty much. It would make no sense there. I see Joe being sent over to SD to take out Cena or shane leading to Cena vs Joe and Shane vs HHH or AJ vs  Joe if they need to do the Cena Nikki Miz Maryse crap since Nikki looks to be retiring 

WWE is here on Sunday with the Smackdown crew.  I've been to the last 4 house shows but might skip this one.  The afternoon shows are kinda dull.  If Cena and RKO were here it would be a different story but I don't think they're coming.  Aj Styles and Alexa Bliss are almost enough to make me want to go... almost.