Wrestling

Rich

21 minutes ago, iso_55 said:

Money making machine but things can change. If they don't take the fans seriously. Like that Steph the Dominatrix thing last night. Or whatever she was trying to be.

WWE as an entity is at a point where it's generating more revenue then ever before but probably at its worst creatively.  Maybe mid 90's was worse when Vince was on trial but today they are the only game in time in the western world, have all the talent and tons of great business minds.  

They would have to be really really really bad for a really long time to have a major negative impact on their bottom line. 

The creation of the network further indemnifies them from creative up and down swings. Whereas a bad ppv or bad TV could impact their revenue in the short term, that isn't as likely with the network which is a growth stream for them. 

They won't have to worry until their TV contracts come due. Then they will focus on ratings. They still see it as important but not as much. 

Which is why they never respond to the fans. They just stay the course. WM was a very stay the course, by the numbers show. 

We will see tonight what they have up their sleeves in terms of new creative. 

37 minutes ago, Goalie said:

Apparently Roman only gets boos on TV and ppv but on house shows he's cheered. I'd turn him heel also but.... at the same time. I'm not sure catering to a bunch of smarks is best for business. Are ppl booing Roman or are they booing the booking of him? 

The age of the viewer is much older than the age of the house show audience. They can't get their "hardcore" fans to go to live events in great numbers. 

With Roman specifically I don't think its a dislike of him. It's iust a rejection of the booking. And it's deserved.  WWE picks a guy to push and if he's not who the fans love that doesn't matter to WWE. But it matters to the fans.  

Plus the booking has been bad. Roman was over in the Sheild. He was hurt by the rise of Bryan to a degree. But Roman is an example of a guy who is average at everything. And the fans know it. 

they really have two choices. Stay the course and book him strong and hope the fans end up "used" to him on top and come around. Or turn him. But they can't turn him with a convoluted motive. They need to look at Rock in 1998 and have Roman turn on the fans for turning on him. 

Undertaker telling people last night was his last match which is why he symbolically left his gloves in the ring. He's booked on the European tour though and has made the same decision right after prior wrestle manias so you never know 

He looked really beat up last night. 

Rumors for tonight include Anderson & Gallows and Enzo & Big Cass. Supposedly Balor already flew home. 

There had been talk of Joe coming up ager WM months ago but who knows. 

They actually had 97,000+ legit in the building which is a big success obviously. They expected just over 85,000 but there was a huge walk up crowd.  They made he set a bit different this year to allow for seating behind it. 

And no reported injuries. 

Edited by The Unknown Poster

That announce table didn't look padded to me. That's a long way down for sure. I can see why Undertaker jumped out of the way. Would you trust someone hurtling down on you from that far? Shane wanted his Mick Foley moment & he got it.

Edited by iso_55

3 minutes ago, iso_55 said:

That announce table didn't look padded to me. That's a long way down for sure. I can see why Undertaker jumped out of the way. Would you trust someone hurtling down on you from that far? Shane wanted his Mick Foley moment & he got it.

Shane has jumped from higher places in the past and had stiffer matches (Angle).  

1 hour ago, iso_55 said:

I'm sure most wrestlers would never come close to doing anything like that.

Vince / WWE would never ask most wrestlers to do that.... it's different when you're the owner's son.  It's not like Vince forced him to come back and do it.  Shane obviously wanted to do it.  So why stop him?  It's not like he's going to sue the company.

1 minute ago, Taynted_Fayth said:

Thats quite the crowd. Not a big shocker after a ppv but they are running away with the show

I find it a little annoying when the crowd is like this, I dislike the NXT crowds and this is what it reminds me of.  But I bet it's a blast if you're there.

1 hour ago, Taynted_Fayth said:

meh wasnt that loud. but wtf is up with these pizza pizza pop ups on the screen? commercial time aint enough time for ads

Try watching UFC PPV's....  Mike Goldberg can't stop advertising the latest movies all while calling the fight and at times during the finish of the fight...

Tonight was TrollaMania for sure. Make no mistake vince will be back next week and things will change once again. I actually thought that the crowd was pretty dead. WWE acknowledged the after mania raw crowd and made it not cool. I like loud crowds.. they make the show better. But what was once a fun crowd who bood and cheered at the right times have become a joke who try to hijack the show. Raw was awful. It was really bad. They trolled the fans tonight big time. As per Shane Mcmahon eh? Lol wwe can't think their fans are that dumb do they. I've never seen a company treat their fans like wwe treats there's.  I'm done with WWE for a while now. Enzo Cass are cool. Crews is still green. Corbin is also. 

Vince loves his big guys tho.

Edited by Goalie