Wrestling

Rich

2 hours ago, The Unknown Poster said:

Hall of Fame was fun. I enjoyed all the speeches. It's emtoional watching these guys who's careers are over come back and be honoured. 

Shame Sting announced his retirement.  But his last match was the main event, a world title match and drew a surprisingly good buy rate. Goes out on top. 

Snoop's speech was excellent and should be edited into a video for Sasha. 

Michael Hayes was dynamite. I always loved Jimmy Jam Garvin and seeing him out there looking like an old accountant doing the Freebird dance was tremendous.  He's actually an airline pilot. 

i like seeing the guys in crowd having fun too. Austin always seems to love these things. And Scott Hall looked like a kid in a candy store every time the camera was on him. 

Cena looks smaller. Lol. What a great reaction though. 

The only thing was that The Fabulous Freebirds were on for an hour which short changed everyone after. But Michael PS Hayes is still a character. Jimmy Garvin is unrecognizable from the guy I remember 30 years ago. The Story Sting told about Kevin Nash was truly funny. Stan Hansen was all class which was a huge departure from his wrestling days persona.

Edited by iso_55

2 hours ago, The Unknown Poster said:

I'm not sure Id use Nash as an example of a big guy who can work lol. He was a guy in the right place at the right time...a lot!

They buy into big men with talent not crap like Strowman. Especially Strowman. His competency level is being a rosebud.,

6 hours ago, The Unknown Poster said:

I'm not sure Id use Nash as an example of a big guy who can work lol. He was a guy in the right place at the right time...a lot!

But he's so tall, and handsome as hell, so bad but he does it do well.

Edited by Atomic

7 hours ago, The Unknown Poster said:

Yeah but knowing wwe they will debut and be programmed with league of jobbers. 

Just for fun, what would you do with them?  I could see them being similar to the Shield when they came in, just coming in and causing a ruckus.

Or maybe we get a feud between them and Social Outcast :D:D

2 hours ago, Atomic said:

Just for fun, what would you do with them?  I could see them being similar to the Shield when they came in, just coming in and causing a ruckus.

Or maybe we get a feud between them and Social Outcast :D:D

I think I'd have them cost the undertaker the HIAC and have Shane introduce them on RAW with a big put over. To be honest them defeating league of nations right away isn't a terrible idea if only because LON has been pushed as top guys. But I'm not sure who they should be programmed with. 

It depends what the angle is. If Shane wins then you could have heels side with Hunter and try to take out shane from the inside. Given hunter's role it makes more sense for Bullet club to be his guys but they have to be faces I would think 

there is talk of Joe being called up. He'd be a strong heel. But I could see him vs roman or with roman if roman turned heel. 

Talk of Enzo and Big Cass coming up too. 

On March 31, 2016 at 8:38 AM, The Unknown Poster said:

WWE Network Pre-show (4PM Central):

WWE United States Championship  - Kalisto(c) vs Ryback

Ryback wins

USA/WWE.com/Youtube Exclusive (5PM Central):

Ten Women's Tag - Team Bad & Blond (Tamina, Naomi, Summer, Emma, Lana) vs Team Total Divas (Nattie, Paige, Brie, Alicia, Eva)

Team Total Divas win

Dudley's vs Uso's

Uso's Win

Main Show (6PM Central)

Andre The Giant Memorial Battle Royale

Hard to say.  Could be some surprises in this one.  Guys like Rey and RVD are looking good and are in Dallas.  Ill say Strowman wins.  Other possibilities: Show, Henry, Cesaro

Divas Championship - Charlotte(c) vs Sasha Banks vs Becky Lynch

Sasha Banks.  Great story and the right place, especially to kick off a new Women's Division, the Legit Boss.

AJ Styles vs Chris Jericho

AJ Wins.  Perhaps we finally see the Styles Clash.

New Day vs League of Nations (3 vs 4 Non-Title)

Could be an angle here.  The Rock?  Bullet Club?  Normally I'd say New Day but since it's non title...Nah, Ill still say New Day.

IC Championship Ladder Match - Kevin Owens(c) vs Sammy Zayn vs Sin Cara vs Stardust vs Dolph Ziggler vs Zach Ryder vs The Miz

Im going to go with Samy Zayn.  If they want to push him, he needs to win here to keep the program with Owens going.

Brock Lesnar vs Dean Ambrose - No Holds Barred Street Fight

This is tough.  Depends on the direction of HIAC and the Main Event.  I think they have beat up Ambrose so much that he should win here to make sure he has a future as a top guy.  But Vince likes to protect Brock.  I want to say Dean.  But Im going to say Brock.

World Heavyweight Championship - Triple H(c) vs Roman Reigns

Should be Hunter and a Roman heel turn.  But WWE is stubborn.  So Ill say Roman.  Probably some big angle happening too.

Shane McMahon vs The Undertaker - Hell In A Cell - Control of RAW vs WrestleMania Retirement

Seems hard to believe Shane would win.  But the angle has been booked for Shane to win.  If I was to fantasy book I'd say some crazy angle happens to get Shane the victory.  But barring that, Shane does something nuts that leads to his demise.  Undertaker wins.

My predictions above.  With the caveat that I am usually really bad at predicting WWE  lol

Stephanie is a heel. She does her job well. 

As for Wreslemania...

6 out of 10. 

IC title match was good 

Womens was good and the showstealer for sure. 

Jericho AJ was good.  

Austin Foley Rock Cena were all good 

Taker Shane was good. 

The rest wasn't 

They have to turn Reigns into a heel tonight on Raw. Something like, he's in the ring to tumultuous boos showing off the WWE Championship belt. Ambrose comes down to support his friend in the ring. After a minute or so, Reigns turns on Ambrose & beats the daylights out of him. Then he tells the fans that since they don't like him, he doesn't like them & they can shove it. Leaves Ambrose in a heap inside the ring thus setting up a feud between them going all the way to Summerslam.

Edited by iso_55

Average WM. I'll hve to watch it again to say for sure. 

Some idiotic booking. Jericho over AJ? Why? To make sure AJ isn't as over as he could be?  Will have to see the next chapter of the story but it just seems like them putting a guy in his place instead of the feel good victory 

speaking.... The new Women's championship is long over due. But they just announce it. Should hve let someone get over. And when you make a change you need to actually make a change. I like Charlotte a lot. But they will never ever ever have as good a story for Sasha. With the crowd wanting her to win, with her cousin Snoop dog with it being her first WM, the Eddie stuff. I just don't get it. 

Womens match was the best thing on the show. 

Brock/Anbrose wasn't much of a match. Ambrose gets beat up the whole way and loses.  What a top guy. 

HIAC wasn't good either but the spots were.  Shane is nuts. The story is pointless without Shane winning but I guess he just wanted to let his kids watch him wrestle one time and WWE needed a match. The stretcher job is likely to write him out of WWE.  

Steph's intro for Hunter was awfully self indulgent.  Trying to get a heel reaction though. No dice. No one cares about roman. Which is worse then when they boo him.  So so match. Not as good as last year. 

Surprised at the lack of angles on the show. Saving them for RAW I guess. 

They need a big angle on raw because a roman "reign" in the usual downtime after WM sounds like disaster. 

The WWE is so ****** up right now. Zack Ryder who has been nothing but a jobber for years is IC Champ??? Like WTH? I did see a story in an online wrestling mag online that said last week that Vince really like Ryder because he's a great worker & never complains. It said Vince admires his work ethic so perhaps this is a reward for that. However, we all know Kevin Owens will beat him tonight on Raw so why even give the IC championship to him? What's the point of Shane O Mac doing that huge bump risking life & limb jumping off the top of the HIAC  for nothing? Jericho beating Styles? Stephanie at her absolute worst & doing her part to destroy what little credibility the WWE still has with the fans. What I'm seeing reminds me of the last few years of WCW where the egos of the McMahons are being put ahead of "what's good for business".  We thought WCW had a problems well it looks like the same thing is happening in the WWE. The sooner they pull Stephanie McMahon off of television & PPV's the better it'll be. Yeah right, like that'll happen.

Ryder winning will be short lived (I except him to lose tonight or very soon) however i think it was to be used as a reference that "anything can happen at WM" feel good story that'll come up at times when they talk about WM in the future. nothing more

what I dont get is why wasnt New Day vs LoN for the belts? I dont think I've ever heard of a WM where the champ(s) is clearly fighting and his or their gold isnt on the line

2 hours ago, Goalie said:

Cuz it was a 6 man. 

thats still bizzare why they wouldnt make it 2 v 2, or new day dropping the belts to someone else weeks ago, like the dudleys or Usos for their match. Almost seems like a waste to have the belts if your not defending them at a PPV, especially on the "biggest stage of them all"

Originally New Day vs LON was 3 on 4 and was for the tag team titles.  They dropped the title match aspect, probably when they decided LON had to go over for the post match.  Right up until the show started it was still scheduled to be a 3 on 4 so that was a last minute change.  Wade has been hurt  Gave his notice too, supposedly.

Shane had to do the dive.  That's his schtick.  It was was very safely done.  A risk no doubt but as safely done as leaping off the cage can be.

Interesting thing about Ryder, you can bet on wrestling.  And usually the odds will suddenly turn shortly before the show because they hold their final production meeting and then the staff all go and put money down on the finishes using inside information.  Money began switching to Ryder on Saturday.  Right before the show the money was switching back to Owens.  So there was obviously some discussion about it.  Owens was originally scheduled to win.

A new thing this year was WWE using the giant screens as "cue cards" to lead chants including "woooooo" for Charlotte, co-opting Bayley's chant for New Day and counting up the suplexes for Brock.

Have to assume the direction is Roman vs Brock.  Ambrose is now a mid card guy.  A loveable loser.  Id suspect Roman vs Brock happens ASAP to try and get Roman over.  But we'll see tonight.

Wrestle mania shattered prior gate and revenue records.  The 101,000 number isn't real though.  Under 90,000 but still a record.

Apparently they also had a terrible time getting people in the building with ticket scanners that weren't working and you had to enter through the gate assigned or else they just wouldn't let you i in.  Thats why it took so long for the building to fill up.