Game 65 : Toilers @ Jets

Not that I want to jump on the trade Myers bandwagon... but man does Edmonton ever need help on D

If you could package Enstrom and Myers, it would pretty much change Edmonton over night - I think Chiarelli is a lot more open to dealing picks...

Assuming they don't win the lottery...

Enstrom, Myers, Chicago 1st for Edmonton 1st, Klefbom...?

Top four picks are forwards... Edmonton doesn't need another forward

I have the jets app and it said sportsnet. 

Not on the main page but if you clicked it.. it did say SN 

Jets dominated tho. Just can't catch a break this year really. They are a good young team. Missing ehlers and little hurts them tho big time. Jets aren't that bad tho. They seen to have the worst luck right now.  Almost like the draft gods want them to lose. I think with a break in every of the last 5 or 6 games..Jets easily could have won them all. Talbot stole this one. Pav played well but we were out goalied once again. It's a theme this year. Jets dominate but run in to a hot goalie. Our goalie plays ok but let's in an extra goal.  Pav was good but he probably should have stopped both oiler goals 

Edited by Goalie

A better PK, better goaltending and another year of experience for the youngsters will help us win more games but I fully expect to se at least 2 and as many as 4 rookies on the team next year.

Connor, Petan, Morrissey, Lemieux and depending where we draft, all five have a legitimate shot at getting a spot next year. Lipon will be getting a hard look as will Comrie.

Think of how young we could be next year with Connor, Morrissey, Dano, Lemieux, Trouba, Chiarot, Scheifele, Ehlers, Lowry, Armia, Burmistrov, Copp, Hellebuyck and Petan all under 25.

That's 14 players or 70% of the lineup! If two of those players aren't on the team, that is still 60% of the team under 25!

13 hours ago, Floyd said:

Not that I want to jump on the trade Myers bandwagon... but man does Edmonton ever need help on D

If you could package Enstrom and Myers, it would pretty much change Edmonton over night - I think Chiarelli is a lot more open to dealing picks...

Assuming they don't win the lottery...

Enstrom, Myers, Chicago 1st for Edmonton 1st, Klefbom...?

Top four picks are forwards... Edmonton doesn't need another forward

So Edmonton gets better by trading their best defenseman? Just stop. If Klefbom and the first round pick are in a deal I want better defensemen than Meyers and Enstrom coming back. Perhaps you are unaware of just how good Klefbom was playing before he got hurt.... but he was ******* good and then to lose Davidson who has been a real pleasant surprise this year early in the game of course the D was going to look rough for the Oilers. Meyers would be a nice fit in Edmonton but unless you're willing to build something around Yakupov then there's probably not a deal to be had. 

9 hours ago, Ducky said:

A better PK, better goaltending and another year of experience for the youngsters will help us win more games but I fully expect to se at least 2 and as many as 4 rookies on the team next year.

Connor, Petan, Morrissey, Lemieux and depending where we draft, all five have a legitimate shot at getting a spot next year. Lipon will be getting a hard look as will Comrie.

Think of how young we could be next year with Connor, Morrissey, Dano, Lemieux, Trouba, Chiarot, Scheifele, Ehlers, Lowry, Armia, Burmistrov, Copp, Hellebuyck and Petan all under 25.

That's 14 players or 70% of the lineup! If two of those players aren't on the team, that is still 60% of the team under 25!

That would be one really awful team. We need way more of a veteran presence than that.

I think Connor makes the team.  Petan stays with the Moose.  Lemieux joins the Moose.  Morrissey probably makes the Jets but that's 50-50. 

Ill predict that Burmi is still with the Jets but I assume he's also trade bait.  He might be a good "second piece" to a larger deal due to his price, age, perceived skill.

1 hour ago, Mike said:

That would be one really awful team. We need way more of a veteran presence than that.

Top 10 youngest teams in the NHL = average of 67 pts  (2/10 in playoff spot currently)

Top 10 oldest teams in the NHL = average of 75 pts (7/10 in playoff spot currently)

1 hour ago, 17to85 said:

So Edmonton gets better by trading their best defenseman? Just stop. If Klefbom and the first round pick are in a deal I want better defensemen than Meyers and Enstrom coming back. Perhaps you are unaware of just how good Klefbom was playing before he got hurt.... but he was ******* good and then to lose Davidson who has been a real pleasant surprise this year early in the game of course the D was going to look rough for the Oilers. Meyers would be a nice fit in Edmonton but unless you're willing to build something around Yakupov then there's probably not a deal to be had. 

hqdefault.jpg

2 hours ago, 17to85 said:

I think you're under-estimating Myers... Klefbom is about the same talent level, maybe less.

Myers for Klefbom, Enstrom and our 1st for Edmonton's 1st...  I don't think that's impossible.  They can let Klefbom go with Nurse, Reinhart, Musil and Davidson in the system.

The value in that trade for Edmonton is allowing their D to actually develop...  Sekera contract probably means no, though

3 minutes ago, Floyd said:

I think you're under-estimating Myers... Klefbom is about the same talent level, maybe less.

Myers for Klefbom, Enstrom and our 1st for Edmonton's 1st...  I don't think that's impossible.  They can let Klefbom go with Nurse, Reinhart, Musil and Davidson in the system.

The value in that trade for Edmonton is allowing their D to actually develop...  Sekera contract probably means no, though

Getting Klefbom, great. But at the expense of 2 of our top 4 D? I don't get that...

1 hour ago, Jimmy Pop said:

Getting Klefbom, great. But at the expense of 2 of our top 4 D? I don't get that...

Klefbom-Buff

Morrissey-Trouba

Chiarot-Postma

(Stuart, Kostalek)

If Jets can draft, Laine and Puul/Tkachuk... that's a heck of a team

1 hour ago, Floyd said:

The fact that Meyers and Klefbom are close now isn't a stroke in Meyers favour considering how much younger Klefbom is. Reinhart and Musil won't ever be as good as Klefbom and I highly doubt Davidson gets to that level either considering he's also a year older than Klefbom. Hell if you ask me right now I'd probably trade Nurse before Klefbom he was that good before getting hurt. So no I don't want the Jets D in favour of Klefbom and a high first round pick. That doesn't make the Oilers a better team. Let's for the sake of argument say Klefbom and Meyers are a saw off, I believe the Oilers can take that first and get a better D than Enstrom, especially if they package it with a forward. 

Everyone wants to "fix" the Oilers defense by trying to swindle them into a bad trade, it's wishful thinking at best. The Oilers do have some room to be a bit flexible because Klefbom and Davidson have really take a step forward in their development and Nurse could follow suit quickly and who knows what might happen with some of the other farm hands. Last year no one would have believed that Davidson would turn into a legit NHL defenseman but people who followed the team knew he was on a real nice development track. 

So yeah unless you're trading someone for a forward not interested.