Game 65 : Toilers @ Jets

58 minutes ago, FrostyWinnipeg said:

If they get Matthews they dont need RNH or Hall. Heck they might not even need Eberle.

Taylor Hall is on the cusp of being an NHL star for a long time.  You would be crazy to get rid of him.  RNH and Eberle, ok.  I also would find a way to unload Yakupov too.

Edited by kelownabomberfan

Taylor Hall might be the most underrated F in the league and a tough guy to trade. Thing is....he's a natural leader, and a guy you put the C on...but so is McJesus. As for dealing RNH....he's a  big solid C who is young, and just coming into his game. Not a guy I want to get rid of. I love Eberle, but I see him being traded before the others (except that he's got insane chemistry with McJesus, so not likely going to go unless there's a crazy deal on the table). Yakupov could definitely go, but it's got to be the right deal. As we saw at the deadline, Chia isn't going to deal just for the sake of making a deal. No magic beans, thanks....

39 minutes ago, Noeller said:

Taylor Hall might be the most underrated F in the league and a tough guy to trade. Thing is....he's a natural leader, and a guy you put the C on...but so is McJesus. As for dealing RNH....he's a  big solid C who is young, and just coming into his game. Not a guy I want to get rid of. I love Eberle, but I see him being traded before the others (except that he's got insane chemistry with McJesus, so not likely going to go unless there's a crazy deal on the table). Yakupov could definitely go, but it's got to be the right deal. As we saw at the deadline, Chia isn't going to deal just for the sake of making a deal. No magic beans, thanks....

and yet how many years did Messier and Gretzky play together?

3 hours ago, 17to85 said:

The fact that Meyers and Klefbom are close now isn't a stroke in Meyers favour considering how much younger Klefbom is. Reinhart and Musil won't ever be as good as Klefbom and I highly doubt Davidson gets to that level either considering he's also a year older than Klefbom. Hell if you ask me right now I'd probably trade Nurse before Klefbom he was that good before getting hurt. So no I don't want the Jets D in favour of Klefbom and a high first round pick. That doesn't make the Oilers a better team. Let's for the sake of argument say Klefbom and Meyers are a saw off, I believe the Oilers can take that first and get a better D than Enstrom, especially if they package it with a forward. 

Everyone wants to "fix" the Oilers defense by trying to swindle them into a bad trade, it's wishful thinking at best. The Oilers do have some room to be a bit flexible because Klefbom and Davidson have really take a step forward in their development and Nurse could follow suit quickly and who knows what might happen with some of the other farm hands. Last year no one would have believed that Davidson would turn into a legit NHL defenseman but people who followed the team knew he was on a real nice development track. 

So yeah unless you're trading someone for a forward not interested. 

I guess we just have different views...  I'm not swindling anyone.  Enstrom and Myers are a proven pairing.

A D with the highest +/- in the league and a 1st for a top five 1st, that's a fair price.

4 minutes ago, Floyd said:

I guess we just have different views...  I'm not swindling anyone.  Enstrom and Myers are a proven pairing.

A D with the highest +/- in the league and a 1st for a top five 1st, that's a fair price.

Not if it's Auston Mathews for the #5, it's not......

4 minutes ago, Noeller said:

Not if it's Auston Mathews for the #5, it's not......

In the first post, I said this would work as long as its not Matthews.

Enstrom and #28 for, let's say, #3...  I think that's doable.  Oilers need some vet leadership.  Enstrom isn't what the Jets need but he'd work with the oilers, he's better than Sekera

Whatever people think Myers > Klefbom so that plays into the whole trade...  

The Oilers can't and won't trade from a position of weakness. None of their good D will be going. You wanna talk about dealing for a Sekera or Griffin Reinhardt or something, then maybe, but Nurse/BOMB!/Davidson are who they're building that back end around...

1 hour ago, Noeller said:

The Oilers can't and won't trade from a position of weakness. None of their good D will be going. You wanna talk about dealing for a Sekera or Griffin Reinhardt or something, then maybe, but Nurse/BOMB!/Davidson are who they're building that back end around...

I'll take Reinhart in a second... for a second round pick.

I'd like to see something with Myers and Draisaitl being the main players.

Myers, Petan and Chicago's 1st for Drai and a 2nd in 2017.

or

Myers, Staf and this year's 2nd for Hall and a 3rd in 2017.

Draisaitl will be a 1C sooner rather than later.

27 minutes ago, 17to85 said:

I'd like to see something with Trouba and Yakupov being the main players but it ain't ******* happening. 

I am not a fan of Dr. Drai or Yak but that's just my bias against any player who isn't from North America showing.  That and the fact that Yakupov has basically been a giant bust.  Who knows though, he could get traded and do a Tyler Seguin and light it up, given the ice time, a bit of confidence and decent line-mates.

Edited by kelownabomberfan

1 hour ago, 17to85 said:

Your wording confuses me... it implies that Eberle is less expendable than Hall or RNH? 

Hall more complete player but Eberle is pure goal scorer so it's kinda a toss-up.

49 minutes ago, Jimmy Pop said:

I'd rather have Drouin than Yakupov.

Yakupov here.

8 minutes ago, Noeller said:

Yakupov still has a massive upside to him. His biggest issue right now is confidence, which was destroyed by Dallas Eakins. 

http://thehockeywriters.com/whats-wrong-with-nail-yakupov/

These guys seem to think that all that needs to be done is Yakupov being put back with McDavid.

Just now, Ducky said:

Hindsight shows he never should have been drafted 1st overall.

or if drafted, there should have been some sort of study as to what was needed to make him a success, instead of just setting him up to fail.  He needs a good play-making line-mate.  Just like Seguin needs Benn.  If you don't want Yakupov on a line with your best players then you are just wasting him, as he's not going to flourish on the 3rd line playing with pluggers.  Imagine him coming to Winnipeg, and Maurice puts him on with Copp and Thorburn?

Still blaming Eakins for  Yaks struggles? The guy doesn't want to play in his own end of the ice.. same problem Eberle has but Eberle actually scores goals so it makes people think he's a better player, which he is but both Eberle and Yak are terrible in their own zone. 

Edmonton has issues and if they are picking first, they would be better off trading that pick because what they don't need is yet another forward.