Game 65 : Toilers @ Jets

1 hour ago, FrostyWinnipeg said:

EDM was bad before and after Eakins. Stop blaming Eakins.

but different kinds of bad. Eakins had a better roster than Kreuger did and Kreuger got that team to play a lot better. 

When Eakins was fired last year Nelson had that team winning a hell of a lot more as well until the point that MacT stupidly gave way Petry and crippled the defense. 

This year is night and day from Eakins as well. Sure they still suck in the standings but the play is so much better and I am a firm believer that without the massive amount of impactful injuries that team would be significantly higher in the standings. Hell they were creeping close to a playoff race before Klefbom got hit with the bad luck. Then as people are getting excited for McDavid coming back and having 3 lines that present matchup problems RNH gets hurt. If you think it's the same old Oilers this year you're not paying attention. 

Wait I thought Tkachuk was over-rated because he played with Matthews.... so confused.

Pass on Keller, not interested in an under-sized centre.  Dubois and Tkachuk seem like very very similar players... I'm fine with either of them or the Finns.  After that, I still like Juolevi.

33 minutes ago, Floyd said:

Wait I thought Tkachuk was over-rated because he played with Matthews.... so confused.

and when he scores 40 goals for the Oilers next year he'll be over-rated because he's playing with McDavid and Eberle.  Hey, someone has to play with all of these super-stars.  Meanwhile, Chychrun will suck with the Moose but that's ok because he plays LHD.

10 minutes ago, Floyd said:

Waaaayyy, more fun cheering for the Jets to lose...  love that post Stafford!  And that really slow wind-up before shooting... gold, I tell ya, gold!!!

I want the best draft pick. But I can't cheer against the Jets when I'm watching them. Even I try. I just can't. So I don't often watch....

I never said Tkachuk sucks, I just don't think he's the guy the Jets should be targeting with their pick. I think there are better options out there. 

Jets have a bit of LW depth, they lack LHD depth big time and Centers, well, you can never have 2 many centers cuz they can play other positions. It's not easy for a LW like Tkachuk to come and play Center. It is easier for a guy like Keller or Dubois who are natural centers to play the wing tho. 

Tkachuk is fine if the LHD guys or Centers are gone when we are picking, I just think we will be picking top 5, top 3 even and I don't see us taking Tkachuk. 

Matthews, Laine,Puljujarvi,Dubois,Chychrun,Sergachev.

2 Centers. 2 wingers. 2 LHD. 

What it will come down 2 is how well they interview also, None of us will be there for that, so to be quite honest, just based on the Jets drafting record so far, whoever they pick, That's fine with me. I just don't think they will take Tkachuk over a LHD. 

Edited by Goalie

On ‎3‎/‎9‎/‎2016 at 3:06 PM, Goalie said:

I never said Tkachuk sucks,

You've said at least once before that he's "not that good".  I dispute that claim.  Anyway, I get that we need a good center and so I know we won't get Matthews, but this Blanche Dubois guy might be the ticket.  We'll see.