Andrew Ladd

Ducky

4 hours ago, Floyd said:

Locking down Ladd at $6 mill for five years seems like guaranteeing the 14th pick overall for five years...  time to move on.

The only way he gets that from the Jets is if Chevy doesn't get the offers he expects and wants, but yeah keeping him makes us no better a hockey team and may hamper the salary cap in terms of other signings if the cap goes down.

Speculated on the teams interested in Ladd

Chicago who he says doesn't want LA to get him who he says doesn't want Anaheim to get him.

So there is 3. Washington i believe was the other. Believe 6 teams in total were mentioned. The other 2 being Florida and Tampa. 

Edited by Goalie

Just now, Ducky said:

What makes you think Morrissey will make the team?

When are you going to look for Enstrom's replacement? A week before his contract expires?

It wasn't clear that I think Trouba and Morrissey will replace Enstrom eventually?

Enstrom has two years left on his contract and a no move clause... have this feeling that Chevy might do something before March 2018.

One thing Lawless was pointing out on Twitter yesterday is that a 1st from Chicago (or Wash, too) is basically a 2nd rounder. They want a higher 1st round pick + a prospect, and some of the media talking heads are saying their maybe enough of a market to get 1st + Prospect + Roster Player, because a team like Washington is so desperate to win now...

here's the quote Lawless had:

“You never know, with the interest this high, you might get more than a pick and a prospect. You might get a player too,” an NHL executive told TSN on Sunday. “The trick now is to not get greedy. If someone offers your price or better, now is the time to take it. The market can work in your favour and get you a high price. But it can also collapse on you.”

I think the three options for Ladd are in this order of likelyhood:

1) Jets Re-Sign Ladd Shortly

2) Trade deadline passes without a new contract or a trade and Chevy says "we didnt get the offer we were looking for" (ie. Market collapsed)

3) Jets lose Ladd for nothing

4) Jets trade Ladd at or prior to the deadline.

Just a feeling...

I did some more research on the Capitals prospects and I also really like Zach Sanford.  http://www.hockeysfuture.com/prospects/zach-sanford/

He was taken in the second round by the Capitals in 2013 soon after they took Madison Bowey, also in the second round.  How did Washington have two second round picks in 2013?  Because they traded for Winnipeg's second round pick in that draft.  Bazinga!  Sanford could have been ours if we hadn't traded that pick in the first place.

So how about this from Washington for Ladd?  Bowey+Sanford and a second rounder in 2016.  Too much?  Not enough?

10 minutes ago, kelownabomberfan said:

I did some more research on the Capitals prospects and I also really like Zach Sanford.  http://www.hockeysfuture.com/prospects/zach-sanford/

He was taken in the second round by the Capitals in 2013 soon after they took Madison Bowey, also in the second round.  How did Washington have two second round picks in 2013?  Because they traded for Winnipeg's second round pick in that draft.  Bazinga!  Sanford could have been ours if we hadn't traded that pick in the first place.

So how about this from Washington for Ladd?  Bowey+Sanford and a second rounder in 2016.  Too much?  Not enough?

If I recall, they traded three picks to get that pick.  So they must like him.  But would it be too much to say Bowey & Sanford & 1st Round pick?  The Caps pick is going to be a low one.  Taking their second is like taking a 3rd. 

If the Jets have already been offered a 1st and a prospect and Lawless thinks they might get a player too, then for a team not wanting to part with a decent roster player, we might be able to squeeze a 2nd decent prospect out of them.

43 minutes ago, The Unknown Poster said:

I think the three options for Ladd are in this order of likelyhood:

1) Jets Re-Sign Ladd Shortly

2) Trade deadline passes without a new contract or a trade and Chevy says "we didnt get the offer we were looking for" (ie. Market collapsed)

3) Jets lose Ladd for nothing

4) Jets trade Ladd at or prior to the deadline.

Just a feeling...

2 and 3 basically same thing.

14 minutes ago, kelownabomberfan said:

Bowey+Sanford and a second rounder in 2016.  Too much?  Not enough?

Bowey another RHD?

Edited by FrostyWinnipeg

6 minutes ago, kelownabomberfan said:

Was that for Fehr, ha?

I don't quite see how Ladd helps Washington except maybe on the third line... that's a lot to give up for 12-15 mins a game

Chicago makes sense - ladd can fit anywhere in that lineup and be an improvement, fits with Florida now that Trouba demolished Huberdeau

Still think Pittsburgh or Anaheim are best trading partners for Jets

If we could get Derrick Pouliot and Sundqvist would be fine with me... if you can pry Blueger as well, amazing.

Ladd's good as gone, Jets will be a better team at the end of this week... for 2016-17 anyway...