Andrew Ladd

Ducky

If Mrs Ladd is pregnant does the issue of her thriving practice become a non-issue? You have to think taking time off to have a child will hurt business, is it as much as starting over in a new city? Does it matter is your husband is getting 400 or 500K more in a different city?

I'm sure many wives work to keep themselves busy but after she has a child will she want to leave it with a nanny while she goes to the office? I know if I made $30K more my wife would rather stay home with ours...

I dknt know her but if she has a thriving practice she probably doesn't shut it down when she's probably has partners and/or employees. She probably cares about her staff and patience.  These would make her more likely to want to stay. 

if her other children were born here they might be more likely to want this one born here. Maybe it doesn't matter

depending how far along she is they may be very against ladd plying somewhere else and not being "home" at least half the time.  Even if these are all issues to overcome they can cause stress. 

If the Ladds had embraced winnipeg and thought they'd always be here the unknown can be very stressful.  It mihjt not make them accept a lot less money but it might make them willing to negotiate. 

Here is a trade idea for Ladd from Larry Fisher...

To Winnipeg Jets = Tom Wilson, Riley Barber and Madison Bowey

ANALYSIS: The Capitals will be going “all-in” at the deadline — they want to get that Cup for Alex Ovechkin — so if the Jets can’t afford to re-sign Ladd, look for Washington to enter those sweepstakes. The Jets will have several options to choose from if they decide to trade their captain and two-time Cup winner. There will be teams offering up their first-round pick for that kind of experience, but the Jets may be more selective. Bowey is a Winnipeg boy and formed a defence pairing with Jets prospect Josh Morrissey on Canada’s gold medal-winning team at the 2015 world juniors. Wilson is a rugged winger who could complement Adam Lowry on a crash-and-bang third line and make the Jets tougher to play against in future seasons. Put Brendan Lemieux with them and they’d give other teams fits. Barber is an undersized point producer who has picked up in the pro ranks where he left off in college. He could grow his game on the farm with Nic Petan as his set-up man.

another one by him...

To Carolina Hurricanes = Michael Hutchinson

To Winnipeg Jets = Two 2016 third-round picks (Carolina and Winnipeg)

ANALYSIS: Something has to give with Winnipeg’s goaltending situation. Despite some recent struggles, Connor Hellebuyck has probably been the Jets’ MVP as a rookie this season and was in the Calder conversation for a bit. He’s the future between the pipes, and now that Ondrej Pavelec has returned from injury, he’ll be the present in trying to backstop Winnipeg into the playoffs for a second straight season. Pavelec and Hellebuyck both have another year left on their current contracts, while Hutchinson is a restricted free agent this summer. That might mean he draws the short straw and gets moved at the deadline. If the Hurricanes trade Ward, Hutchinson could form a decent tandem with Eddie Lack until one of their prospects are ready to take over.

FWIW... If Ladd signs expect Perreault Stafford to be moved. 

Also I'd expect Pav to be traded also.  

Enstrom and 1 of trouba or Myers or even both might be on the block also. 

Don't be surprised if stu Burmi Thorburn aren't around much longer either 

Edited by Goalie

3 hours ago, Goalie said:

FWIW... If Ladd signs expect Perreault Stafford to be moved. 

Also I'd expect Pav to be traded also.  

Enstrom and 1 of trouba or Myers or even both might be on the block also. 

Don't be surprised if stu Burmi Thorburn aren't around much longer either 

Why?

So if Ladd signs we trade everyone?  Really?

Why would we do that?

16 hours ago, Floyd said:

Would make both of those trades in a heartbeat - would love to see Bowey here

Got to see Bowey play here in Kelowna.  He's got skills, and he plays with an edge.  I can't imagine too many teams being thrilled to play us if we have him and Buff roaming around at the same time.

Pair him up with Morrissey!!!!

Another RHD, just what we need.

If ladd is re-signed for close to 6m per year, some of what goalie said could likely happen.

Think about this...

Not including hellebuyck, next year we should expect a minimum of two, and possibly more, rookies making the team again.

Morrissey, Lemieux, Petan, Connor, De Leo, Comrie, Lipon, etc... are all going to be coming into camp competing hard.

Let's say Connor and Morrissey and Petan and Lemieux are the last 4 left to decide upon. Who sits if Morrissey plays? It should be Stuart but it won't be so Chiarot? I heard Maurice say he was playing better of late but has been a huge disappointment if  you ask me. I thought he might top out at a 4 D man but he struggles on the 3rd pairing....not ready to give up on him but Maurice won't sit Stuart.

That leaves Petan at Center and Lemieux and Connor at LW. If Petan makes it, he won't be taking anyone's job down the middle so it will have to be on the LW. So, let's say one of them make the team. Who do they replace? Lemieux starts on the 4th and replaces who? Thorbs or Burmi? What if Connor makes it too? Someone has to go.

Is it that big a stretch to think that Staf or Pavs will be traded? We'd get a pretty good return on Staf and he probably won't see as much time on the top 6 next year, especially if Connor makes it.

Of course if Ladd is traded, it leaves room on the roster and in the kitty bank.

Trade Ladd for LHD prospect and whatever else you can get for him and use that 5m+ to re-sign Trouba and Scheif and maybe even a UFA this summer?

Trade Pavs or Hutch for whatever you can get.

It would have to be third line and do you want to pay a 3rd liner the money Perreault will be making?

2 years time...

Connor Scheif Armia

Ehlers Little Wheeler

Perreault Lowry ???

No room on the top 6 for him if you ask me. I love how he is playing and give him 17 for 4 years but I would trade him if he were being pushed down to the third line.