Andrew Ladd

Ducky

I'd take Larsson and a 1st for Ladd in a second. Larsson would be a great add to the LHD prospects. There 1st should be around the low 20s.

Chicago or Florida is where he is likely to end up but maybe the Caps want to add him for their run in this year's playoffs?

I really don't think Florida is a real option. Chicago or Anaheim are my guess. Unless some team just blows Chevy away with an offer, I see Chicago as being most likely, Anaheim or LA for that matter being next likely. 

Then again, Maybe they sign him to a new deal soon. 

5x5.5 is okay with me but I'd rather trade him.

If they re-sign him, make it similar to Buff's where after two years, there are options to trade him.

If Ladd can give us the play for the next 2-3 years he did in the 2013-2014 and 2014-2015 seasons, it would be nice but can he? If we can get 2 good prospects or a first and a good prospect, I say trade him. I am comfortable with Chevy drafting a good player around the 20-30 mark in the draft. Send Staf and Thorbs somewhere for a first too.

I know I'll catch flak for this but given the right deal, I'd trade Perreault as well. It would have to an overpay though.

5 minutes ago, Ducky said:

5x5.5 is okay with me but I'd rather trade him.

If they re-sign him, make it similar to Buff's where after two years, there are options to trade him.

If Ladd can give us the play for the next 2-3 years he did in the 2013-2014 and 2014-2015 seasons, it would be nice but can he? If we can get 2 good prospects or a first and a good prospect, I say trade him. I am comfortable with Chevy drafting a good player around the 20-30 mark in the draft. Send Staf and Thorbs somewhere for a first too.

I know I'll catch flak for this but given the right deal, I'd trade Perreault as well. It would have to an overpay though.

Teams aren't as likely to trade for Stafford, Perreault and Thorburn as they aren't rentals and it means they need cap room next year and beyond.  The salary ramifications make the trade much more complicated to make.

There is a reason it is rare to see trades for these types of players at the deadline.   

Man does it get tiring reading the constant posts about trading the whole team this year.  If you trade all the vets and replace them with picks and rookies next year, guess what?   The team is going to suck again next year and the cycle will return where everyone wants to trade every ageing player again.

Picks and prospects are nice but they don't payoff until 2 - 4 years down the road.

Team's corsi is pretty much where it was expected to be... mid-pack.  PK and PP just couldn't get it together,  Pavs and Hutch didn't steal games.

Don't expect another losing season next year... but still would trade Ladd, Enstrom, Pavelec asap.  

Just hope that Stuart and Burmi don't take up roster spots next year just because of their contracts.

Id trade ladd because he's a UFA. If he signs for what the jets are willing to pay then so be it. I'm happy with that. But he's the cream of the crop for rentals so I'm content to trade him

id trade pavs too because of the money savings and we have Helle. I think all things being equal if he was UFA the jets would not have him in their plns next year. So trade him if you can. Might be hard but Calgary is a decent option. But there are other goalies out there. Like Reimer. Pavs probably comes cheap. 

id keep Stafford. Scores goals. If he's not in the plan after next year then he's a decent rental chip at next years deadline. 

some people panic and want to trade everyone. Some guys are ripe for trading. I wouldn't trade Thorburn. I wouldn't be upset if we did either. But the intangibles he brings have value. 

and Perreault should be a major focus. Sheif, trouba, Perreault. Need to get deals with all of them. Don't want to look at trading Perreault at next years deadline. Re-up him asap. 

I don't WANT to trade all the players I mentioned, not counting Ladd. I would given the right return though. Thorbs I wouldn't think twice about, get him and Stu off of the books.

The thing about Perreault is, how much to keep him? Are we okay with paying a guy about 4 to 4 1/2 m per season for 4 years if the youngsters are going to push him down to the 3rd line. In 2017-2018 our top six could be Connor, Scheif, Wheeler, Ehlers, Armia, and Little. Will we be able to pay a 3rd liner that kind of cash? Id doubt it. Here's short list of RFAs that come up the year after Perreault's contract expires.

Lemieux

Morrissey

Petan

De Leo

Kostalek

Ehlers

Lodge

Comrie

As well the following will be UFAs that year...

Stuart

Little

Enstrom

These three equal 13m of cap hit so if we aren't re-signing them, it shouldn't be a problem re-upping the youngsters.

55 minutes ago, Ducky said:

I don't WANT to trade all the players I mentioned, not counting Ladd. I would given the right return though. Thorbs I wouldn't think twice about, get him and Stu off of the books.

The thing about Perreault is, how much to keep him? Are we okay with paying a guy about 4 to 4 1/2 m per season for 4 years if the youngsters are going to push him down to the 3rd line. In 2017-2018 our top six could be Connor, Scheif, Wheeler, Ehlers, Armia, and Little. Will we be able to pay a 3rd liner that kind of cash? Id doubt it. Here's short list of RFAs that come up the year after Perreault's contract expires.

Lemieux

Morrissey

Petan

De Leo

Kostalek

Ehlers

Lodge

Comrie

As well the following will be UFAs that year...

Stuart

Little

Enstrom

These three equal 13m of cap hit so if we aren't re-signing them, it shouldn't be a problem re-upping the youngsters.

You dont trade your best players. The young guys are showing that they are not quite ready yet. We arnt winning games.

They need these guys to learn from. Its really stupid to start trading for picks and prospects when the ones we have havent even learned to play in the NHL yet. Do you not see Maurice changing his lines during games n putting the vets back on the ice together? There is a reason he does it and it has nothing to do with skill.

Hate to tell you this but we arnt sellers and we arnt buyers and we wont tank. That will not be the message sent to the players.

Big name players that will be moved? Ladd...Pav... maybe throw in a Postma. But we wont be moving players to just move players.

Draft and develop. You want Trouba gone and hes like 21. Hes been around all of 3 seasons and is a kid and you say thats it hes as good as he will get. Thats just krazy and not a way to build a team.

All that said....  Chevy is building a team the hard way without a doubt. You need to balance the vets with the kids and then you need to sign the kids to contracts that are friendly to the next ones that come up. Its the hard way of doing things but its also the way to build a soild team not just now but for the future.

Drafting players 8th or whatever is not a bad thing like many think. Fill your system with them while building our base is a pretty good idea.

Ill take this way of building before how Minny is doing any day. They did what you are saying we should do.

Edited by New_Earth_Mud

1 hour ago, Goalie said:

Wheeler Buff Little. Trouba Scheifs Ehlers Armia are the only real untouchables on the roster right now.  The rest are pretty easily replaced in my opinion. 

Lol. Intangibles. Cmon. What does that mean even. 

You jus trade for the sake of trading then?

Pretty sure this aint a video game

Edited by New_Earth_Mud

I don't see why trading depth pieces who aren't going to get better or who aren't really doing anything right now hurts us.

If teams want Thor stafford Burmi... why not trade them. They aren't part of the future really. 

9 or 10 guys still on this team from the 2011 roster. Change needs to happen.

You can't just come back every season with the same exact roster and get better. 

We are bottom 4 in the league. The team isn't good enough. That's the bottom line 

Edited by Goalie

The Jets are integrating quite a bit of youth and will continue to do so for the foreseeable future.

I love the Jets' plan of stockpiling picks and prospects and when they are good enough to contend, they have these assets to trade for piece(s) they think they need to push them over the top. It is hard as fans because we want to win now and we want to win every year. Read almost any article on young players and prospects and the Jets are either #1 or #2.

Think about this for a second.....kinda off topic...

If Chevy somehow got Hamonic without trading any of our D men this off-season...re-signed Ladd to 5.8m per year, bridged Trouba and Scheifele at 3.5 and Armia and Lowry at 1.75, and signed Connor to 1m,  we could have this lineup next year for (if my math is correct) 71.245...

Ladd 5.8 Little 4.7 Armia 1.75

Ehlers 1 Scheif  3.5 Wheeler 5.6

Connor 1 Perreault 3 Staf 4.35

Lowry 1.75 Copp 0.93 Burmi 1.55

(Lemieux 1) spare

Trouba  3.5 Buff 7.6

Enstrom  5.75 Hamonic 3.84

Morrissey  1 Myers 5.5

( Postma 0.9 Stu 2.625) spares

Helle .7 Pavs 3.9

This lineup will get you into the playoffs and only adds Connor and Morrissey.

Edited by Ducky

13 hours ago, Goalie said:

Wheeler Buff Little. Trouba Scheifs Ehlers Armia are the only real untouchables on the roster right now.  The rest are pretty easily replaced in my opinion. 

Lol. Intangibles. Cmon. What does that mean even. 

It means being a consistently supportive team member especially in rough times, it means having a genuine presence in the community where you still go to the children's hospital even when you're dead tired and not because you're told too but you want too, it means appreciation for getting paid well for a sport a lot of us love playing and watching, it means committing too and acting on the system the coach has implemented making the necessary individual sacrifices/changes that's required, it means, like any profession, having a high level of emotional intelligence that can't be seen by shooting a puck into a net (see Evander Kane as an example), etc. I can guarantee that if you took all the multi talented yet narcissistic type players and put them all on the same team, dysfunctional and losses will follow. So yes other things than pure skill is what scouts, coaches and general managers look for, guaranteed.  

You have to read his entire series of tweets in context. He's talking about how Ladd is finally starting to play "normally" again, and wondering if the lingering effects of his off season surgery are wearing off and he's back to his old self. Saying that he'll hit 20 goals again this year, making him very valuable, both on the market and to the Jets. Purely speculating on his value now...