Fun Thread: Rank the QBs

TrueBlue

Lat night a Ti Cat fan tweeted that he thought Jeremiah Mazzoli (is that how his last name is spelled, whatever?) was the best backup qb in the CFL. I think it was Mike @Ticats. i said he was dreaming & asked him why? He tweeted back "Because I can". I said it's his dream & he can dream anyway he wants. Mazzoli???

This time last year the consensus around here was that Brohm and Marve, based on their limited 2014 reps, were an almost unbelievable corps of back ups and people were raving about Danny Mac's work and talking about how we could trade either one of them for a valuable piece. 

One teams fans view of their own players is always questionable........ 

5 minutes ago, Noeller said:

This time last year the consensus around here was that Brohm and Marve, based on their limited 2014 reps, were an almost unbelievable corps of back ups and people were raving about Danny Mac's work and talking about how we could trade either one of them for a valuable piece. 

True. Agree 100%. We did think that way. 

On 1/9/2016 at 0:44 PM, Noeller said:

id really like to see how Marve could have performed with a proper offense and offensive line.. brohm, he had a decent enough setup in hamilton and still stunk.. 

i didnt realize he stunk this badly tho, wow.  I honestly felt he was going to be as capable as Brink was at least.. turned out he didn't even meet that lofty goal lol.

On 2016-01-09 at 0:44 PM, Noeller said:

I sense a high degree of embellishment in this post.

Edited by sweep the leg

59 minutes ago, sweep the leg said:

I sense a high degree of embellishment in this post.

I'm too lazy to dig up the posts from a year ago, but I remember them vividly. Hell, after Brohm's one partial game vs Calgary before he got hurt, people were freaking out about how good he looked. Last off season, people were posting here that we had the best QB depth in the league and that we could possibly trade one for a key piece like an OL. Sigh. What a difference a year makes.

Edited by Noeller

6 minutes ago, Noeller said:

I'm too lazy to dig up the posts from a year ago, but I remember them vividly. Hell, after Brohm's one partial game vs Calgary before he got hurt, people were freaking out about how good he looked. Last off season, people were posting here that we had the best QB depth in the league and that we could possibly trade one for a key piece like an OL. Sigh. What a difference a year makes.

I can confirm that.  I remember the same thing.  I was one of them that thought Brohm was good after that game in 2014.  Then 2015 and reality set in,

10 minutes ago, Noeller said:

Again you're embellishing. People thinking Brohm looked respectable in his start is very different from "freaking out" about how good he looked.

Some people did get a little stupid about Marve though...

6 minutes ago, sweep the leg said:

Again you're embellishing. People thinking Brohm looked respectable in his start is very different from "freaking out" about how good he looked.

Some people did get a little stupid about Marve though...

Just because YOU didn't, doesn't mean others weren't........trust me, there were people freaking out around here but good......

43 minutes ago, Noeller said:

Just because YOU didn't, doesn't mean others weren't........trust me, there were people freaking out around here but good......

You are blowing it out of proportion. All people said was we had a good situation at backup and maybe we could trade someone for something useful. Nothing more than that really. Maybe one lunatic but it was definitely not a lot of people freaking out about anything, except for the couple Marve fanbois convinced he was the next great thing. 

Iirc this time last year there was a growing Marve over Brohm sentiment around here, with people going on about Marve in the calgary game as their argument point as to why he needed to be #2. there were still some people thinking brohm would be the better choice to back up willy, but once willy went down i think "our season is toast" became the phrase that pays