Bombers Make Finance Payment

6 minutes ago, Stickem said:

Another govt....led by that dud Pallister....I sure hope the polls are dead wrong and occasionally they are...At any rate I'm sure glad we made our payment and guys like Friesen can suck it up..

You hope the NDP win another majority?  yikes.

I agree with Goalie.  I just sort of wish the government wrote off the debt as the cost of doing business and moved on.  Bombers would be a very, very wealthy franchise if that were the case.

30 minutes ago, The Unknown Poster said:

You hope the NDP win another majority?  yikes.

I agree with Goalie.  I just sort of wish the government wrote off the debt as the cost of doing business and moved on.  Bombers would be a very, very wealthy franchise if that were the case.

I didn't say I hope the NDP win another majority...it's just that I don't think the options are that great...IF we do get another govt., I hope it's a minority so we can chuck the buggers if they start screwing up..I have a long memory and was never thrilled with cons....federally or provincially.

2 hours ago, Stickem said:

I didn't say I hope the NDP win another majority...it's just that I don't think the options are that great...IF we do get another govt., I hope it's a minority so we can chuck the buggers if they start screwing up..I have a long memory and was never thrilled with cons....federally or provincially.

You prefer higher taxes, increased debt and poor service?

This is an anchor around the team's neck & it will eventually pull them under unless in the next half century the CFL finds a way to grow the game spectacularly thru hugely increased revenues which I don't think is going to happen based on what I see now at the gate & in ratings which means decreased advertising revenues long term. At some point in the future, I think the loan will be forgiven because it'll have to be.

10 hours ago, The Unknown Poster said:

The #Bombers have made a $4.5 million payment to Triple B Stadium Inc, made up of "entertainment tax, facility fees, and excess cash."

I'd like to know what percentage was entertainment tax, what percentage was facility fees, and what percentage was excess cash.

I'd also like to know what the final take was on the Grey Cup. 

I'd also like to know what the club made on entertainment tax and finally, what the club made on facility fees.

It would give us a much clearer picture of the financial situation now and moving forward. 

What was the size of the payment the Hamilton TC's made on their stadium this year? Ottawa Red Blacks? Given the state of the Ontario debt situation the Ontario taxpayers could use some payback on their infrastructure investment. 

How much are the Riders kicking in on their new stadium?  Just curious. 

23 minutes ago, kelownabomberfan said:

What was the size of the payment the Hamilton TC's made on their stadium this year? Ottawa Red Blacks? Given the state of the Ontario debt situation the Ontario taxpayers could use some payback on their infrastructure investment. 

How much are the Riders kicking in on their new stadium?  Just curious. 

$25M + $100M loan to be read by a facility fee over the next 30 years.  So not really that much different then the Bomber plan, we just have a loan rather then facility fee,

I think the original Bomber plan was to pay an $80M loan after the sale of the old stadium for retail and property taxes on that location to cover another $100M.

RRI-Pie-Chart.png