Site Back Up

Rich

On the other hand, I missed the site precisely because it was the holidays and I was sitting around doing nothing for several days! lol

Might I suggest using the twitter handle to communicate extended outages?  I know for me personally, thats the first place I checked when I realized the site was down for awhile...

2 minutes ago, The Unknown Poster said:

On the other hand, I missed the site precisely because it was the holidays and I was sitting around doing nothing for several days! lol

Might I suggest using the twitter handle to communicate extended outages?  I know for me personally, thats the first place I checked when I realized the site was down for awhile...

Yeah, I started posting updates to it yesterday.

Mike is usually the one who runs the Twitter account and it honestly never even occurred to me until yesterday to use it to send out updates.  

1 minute ago, Rich said:

Yeah, I started posting updates to it yesterday.

Mike is usually the one who runs the Twitter account and it honestly never even occurred to me until yesterday to use it to send out updates.  

I guess I stopped checking it!  Glad the site is back.  Now if the Jets start losing, you'll have to take the site down before every game...for luck or something.

Gonna admit, tried logging on a few times, but... didn't... was wondering if maybe something was up with my phone or internet lol.

Then while on twitter during the Jets intermission last night, saw a MBB post mentioning that the site is down.. I was like ok makes sense, thankfully is their problem lol and not mine exactly (don't mean that but, it wasn't because of my phone )

Not that big of a deal tho considering the holidays and all. 

I'm glad the site is back up but it was a maddening couple of days.

Checking constantly to see if the site was up and (the useless) updates from the hosting company. 

Frustrating when there is nothing to do but wait.

I now have a plan on where I will be moving to. It probably won't happen for a few months as we are current prepaid until May. 

Ok, so I read the heading on here and it says site back up, so I think that's a good idea to have a site back up, but wonder how do you do that?  Have some sort of re-direct? Then after clearing the mud, I see  it reads - the site IS back up and realized I need to read more than meets the eye. 

I did check the Twitter feed and found nothing to verify either way. I even checked the newspapers, in the classified sections, for secret updated messages, but I didn't find anything other than a clandestine meeting for Mini-mite, at the "usual place" tomorrow night at 11pm. Interesting.

So, the site IS back up and we can go on giving our stout advice for anybody who doesn't care to listen, and somehow, I feel better.

1 hour ago, Mr Dee said:

Ok, so I read the heading on here and it says site back up, so I think that's a good idea to have a site back up, but wonder how do you do that?  Have some sort of re-direct? Then after clearing the mud, I see  it reads - the site IS back up and realized I need to read more than meets the eye. 

I did check the Twitter feed and found nothing to verify either way. I even checked the newspapers, in the classified sections, for secret updated messages, but I didn't find anything other than a clandestine meeting for Mini-mite, at the "usual place" tomorrow night at 11pm. Interesting.

So, the site IS back up and we can go on giving our stout advice for anybody who doesn't care to listen, and somehow, I feel better.

For future reference, if I say Site Backup it means I'm talking about the daily backups that we take.  If I say Site Back Up, then it has the context displayed in this thread.  :)

24 minutes ago, kelownabomberfan said:

Yeah I  was freaking out! I  thought I had been banned! :)

I did check Twitter and even sent a message.  From now on please let us know as I was forced to revisit the "other" site just to read about the Bombers and get my fix. Please don't make me do that again! :)

I had to go to TEP......ugh. So ugly compared to this site.....

7 hours ago, Mr Dee said:
7 hours ago, Mr Dee said:

Now that you've exposed us, sadly you must die.  Luckily you have a choice of 101 methods of execution.