Jeffrey Orridge Discussion On Facebook

iso_55

Yes, The CFL on facebook. Pretty much fluff questions. It's over. Lasted only 30 minutes. I was on facebook at the time & it just popped up which was interesting. The guy reading the questions picked ones that weren't controversial. When Orridge was asked about falling attendance & ratings he called it an aberration with the Blue Jays surge & he wasn't concerned. When asked about the new supplier of uniforms for the CFL he identified Reebok & made a comment that all CFL uniforms will be redesigned. according to each team's requests. He was asked if there was any plans to start the season earlier so the Grey Cup is over by Halloween & he said there's no plans to change anything. Someone suggested that no games during the season he played on Sundays (including the playoffs & Grey Cup) & he disagreed saying games will continue on Sundays.

Some really stupid questions as well. Someone asked him if he could send them a CFL hat & he said he'd make sure it got there for Xmas. He also talked for about 5 minutes about his experience being with Basketball USA in Barcelona in 1992 with the Dream Team. All well & good but if there's only 30 minutes to  take fans questions why was this discussed? It was a question off the internet they could have ignored as lots of relevant questions were coming in pretty fast.

Again, my bad for saying CFL.ca when it was on facebook.

When asked about the new supplier of uniforms for the CFL he identified Reebok & made a comment that all CFL uniforms will be redesigned. according to each team's requests.

To me, this is enough to make the entire thing relevant. Interesting to hear that.

Although are you sure he identified Reebok? The new supplier going forward is adidas, not Reebok.

When asked about the new supplier of uniforms for the CFL he identified Reebok & made a comment that all CFL uniforms will be redesigned. according to each team's requests.

To me, this is enough to make the entire thing relevant. Interesting to hear that.

Although are you sure he identified Reebok? The new supplier going forward is adidas, not Reebok.

Yeah, Adidas .My bad...

It's to bad that they don't bump up the season

I used to want the season to go to the end of November but not anymore. Playing rhe GC on the last Sunday in November is fine if it is in Toronto, Montreal or Vancouver. Why not just start the season 2 weeks earlier if the GC is in a cold weather western city? Start the season later if it's somewhere else. They've done it before. It could be TSN calling the shots here.

Reebok is part of the adidas group.

I may have been mistaken. He may have said Adidas. The link is up to watch if you want.
Too late, you've made your mistakes for today. You now must wear one item from Reebok and one item from adidas for the rest of the week and call yourself Mike, then Jefferey, when identifying yourself in all traffic stops when fleeing Police.

Reebok is part of the adidas group.

I may have been mistaken. He may have said Adidas. The link is up to watch if you want.

Too late, you've made your mistakes for today. You now must wear one item from Reebok and one item from adidas for the rest of the week and call yourself Mike, then Jefferey, when identifying yourself in all traffic stops when feeling Police.

Feeling Police, I don't like the optics in my mind trying to envision that.  :0

Someone did ask about Halifax as expansion. Stadium. Owner. Corporate Support. That's what the answer was to the what does Halifax need to do to get an expansion team. You can forget Saskatoon... the riders won't let that happen. Halifax or somewhere on the east coast is the only real expansion possibility. Maybe QC but Laval is so popular there... I'm not sure

Someone did ask about Halifax as expansion. Stadium. Owner. Corporate Support. That's what the answer was to the what does Halifax need to do to get an expansion team. You can forget Saskatoon... the riders won't let that happen. Halifax or somewhere on the east coast is the only real expansion possibility. Maybe QC but Laval is so popular there... I'm not sure

In other words, Orridge doesn't know.

Be interesting to see how Desjardins handles the off season as he now has players who'll want more money. Now instead of being able to go out & cherry pick the best free agents from other teams he'll be like everybody else. That is, having to choose which FA's he keeps & how many FA's he can sign off other teams. I can't see the guy being as active now with a team that is a GC  finalist.