Jeffrey Orridge Discussion On Facebook

iso_55

General consensus among all the media is that Orridge delivered a rather unimpressive state of the league address; seems like an uninspired leader; and didn't seem to be all that knowledgeable about the league itself and subsequent to that, did not address some of the challenges the league is dealing with ie. penalties, declining attendance, lack of penalties for steroid use.

One thing that came to mind during this weekend is, I think Orridge is probably better suited as a behind the scenes type of guy, maybe he should have taken over Michael Copeland's old job as President and COO as the CFL.

I like how Orridge placed some of the blame for lower CFL ratings on the Pan Am Games.  :lol: Right, because people were watching those events in high numbers.

IF CFL ratings drop next year I'm sure he will blame the Euro Cup and the Summer Olympics.  Fact is, every summer there are other big events on.  That's called competition and something the CFL has had to deal with from its inception.

World Cup of Hockey (early September I believe) going on as well and not to mention if the Jays are competitive once again.