Ladd and Buff

Ducky

I agree, someone will give Buff 7 years as an UFA and he knows it....the Jets will have to give him 6 years.

5 years at 7 per is a steal.........like I said yesterday, if he signed for 5 years (an ideal term in my warped mind), I'd give him 8m per year.

I can't believe McKenzie came out with this because the more I think of it the more absurd it is.

Jets D is already the 2nd highest paid d in the league. Something has to give there. Trouba gonna get a raise... probably 5 million. Enstrom makes Damn near 6 million. Myers makes about what? 5 ish. Buff at 7 or more. Sorry it don't work. You gotta trade buff or Trouba and enstrom. You can't be spending that much on your d. Just silly. And for the record due to his lack of commitment off the ice I don't think trouba deserves 5 million plus he hasn't done much on it to prove he is worth that but that's what he will probably get. Someone needs to go. Jets need money to pay their forwards too. 

Edited by Goalie

Buff at his highest level for the majority of the season, is worth that money. The rub with him is always going to be that he can't physically play that top end game, at his size, for the majority of the season, so he's never going to be worth that money. The inconsistency has to drive a coach mad...

It's all about managing your money. You can't spend that much on your d and expect to have any forwards unless they are all on ELC deals. It doesn't work and with the Canadian dollar the way it is. .. Jets won't be a cap team or even close to it. Outside of Montreal and Toronto none of the cdn teams will be. It's easy to say give buff this or that but reality is there is a cap and in 2 years let's say when a guy like ehlers or even helle or maybe a kyle Connor or Mathews even needs to get paid and buff and your d is making like 40 percent of your budget... you are gonna lose them. Paying your d that much just doesn't work.  People aka fans think short term. Management at least good ones think long term. Sure would suck to lose scheif or Trouba or Ehlers helle or Connor cuz buff is making 7 million a year. 

Edited by Goalie

Short term pain for long term gain. This team when it is a playoff contender... it's gonna be with scheif ehlers Connor helle trouba... the kids. The Ladds and buffs will be long gone.  Draft and develop not overpay for 30 year Olds who really won't make that much of a difference. With buff and Ladd we are a playoff bubble team who is 26th overall in the league. Change is coming and it's about time. Should have done this 5 years ago really. 

Edited by Goalie

1 hour ago, bustamente said:

7 mil puts him ahead of Seabrook , Keith, Karlsson, Giodarno, and Pietrangelo, still to much for Buff for me.

He's better then Giodarno and as for Seabrook/Keith. Those guys would be asking for same amount in UFA.

1 hour ago, Goalie said:

Jets D is already the 2nd highest paid d in the league. Something has to give there. Trouba gonna get a raise... probably 5 million. Enstrom makes Damn near 6 million. Myers makes about what? 5 ish. Buff at 7 or more. Sorry it don't work. You gotta trade buff or Trouba and enstrom. You can't be spending that much on your d. Just silly. And for the record due to his lack of commitment off the ice I don't think trouba deserves 5 million plus he hasn't done much on it to prove he is worth that but that's what he will probably get. Someone needs to go. Jets need money to pay their forwards too. 

Toby two more year on that bastid deal but this is best season since 2011/12. Myers contract gets cheaper(4,3.5,3m) after this season. Too damn good of a contract to trade him.

5 years at 7 per? Get her done.

skRM5IZ.png?2

Edited by FrostyWinnipeg

16 hours ago, Goalie said:

Lack of commitment OFF the ice? Do you just make up sh...it and throw it at the wall and hope it sticks?

18 minutes ago, The Unknown Poster said:

It's been stated that he's not a fitness type. If so Id be concerned with that certainly. Most of us feel like world beaters when we're 20. Not so much at 30 without some commitment to fitness. And we're not elite athletes. 

Stated by who? and he's not 30 is he?

Edited by blitzmore

By many people. It was a knock on him when he was drafted. The Jets asked him to go join Scheif with Gary Roberts during the summers and Trouba passed on it. Seriously, look this stuff up, you are on the internet, it shouldn't be hard to find these things. 

People wonder why Trouba struggled so much to start this season and their excuse was he was playing with Stuart, Well, that's a pretty good excuse but playing with stuart doesn't mean you are noticeably slower and out of shape. 

Trouba has off ice issues, People can believe what they want but... this stuff isn't made up at all. It's widely known by many people that Trouba has his off ice issues, some seem to think as much as some want him to be that #1 franchise D guy, he never will be because his off ice commitment is lacking. Doughty and true Franchise D men don't have that issue, Trouba does, it might just be a phase and perhaps one day he takes his off ice stuff seriously but he hasn't yet. The guy looked like he was skating in quicksand to start the year, that's a sign that you are out of shape, that you didn't take your off-season as seriously as you could have.

I like the guy, but there are some red flags with him there for sure. He has potential, will he ever truly reach it? I'm not exactly sure if he will, i hope he does but... something tells me he will never be a legit #1 d man but he will be a good number 2. 

Ever since his buddy Zach got traded, Trouba hasn't looked the same.  

Edited by Goalie

It's just pointless to even talk about this stuff. Some of you obviously think these guys are perfect little angels who are totally committed.

Blake Wheeler just called out a bunch of people the other day question among other things their commitment to the team and game for that matter but what does he know.

Yeah, not everything on the internet is true, no kidding but... when guys like McKenzie or Lebrun or guys of that nature say or suggest it, it's more than likely true. 

First of all, Wheeler was saying things that Maurice was preaching in the locker room.

Second of all, some franchise D men weren't even in the league at Trouba's age. How old was Duncan Keith when he started with Chicago? 22? 23? He is already a 2RHD at 21 for God's sake!

Keeping on pointing out that he isn't the same since Bogo left is assinine. Doesn't taking on a bigger role and playing against the other team's top players since Bogo left have any bearing on it? He started the season off slow but so did Myers.......Myers have a problem off ice too? Was Myers out of shape too? Trouba has played better since not paired with Stuart so maybe his off ice problems stopped when he was paired with Buff? Gimme a break!!!! What about Ladd? he must be throwing nose candy up his nose between shifts!!!!!!!! Lowry??? His off ice problems were so bad they sent him to the Moose!!!!!!!!!! Don't even start about Hutch's poor year.... He's probably supplying the stuff to Ladd and Lowry and Myers and Trouba!!!!!!!