Ladd and Buff

Ducky

They will not become UFAs in a Jet uni this year....if they aren't re-signed, they know they are gone. Chevy has shown in the past to be a shrewd negotiator and isn't afraid to let things go down to the wire before agreeing on a deal. Ladd has mentioned that he knows he will be traded before the deadline if he isn't signed and I'm sure Buff knows the same thing.

I think some people will be surprised at the return these two bring if they are traded.

I think if is becoming when...

We are linked to tbay and Drouin by Friedman. 

Tbay needs a pp rhd man. That's buff. 

Drouin has proven nothing so wouldn't shock me if we see buff to tbay for Drouin and a 1st and maybe 1 more. Buff will get lots. 

Ladd I see Florida Philly or NYI or maybe Washington also 

Wash I'd think bowey Vrana and 1st 

Philly... it would be Provorov or Sanheim plus 1st 

Florida.... I'm not sure but a 1st and probably Crouse or Mike Matheson.  

Don't think these are as unlikely as some may think 

Antoine Vermette got a prime LHD prospect and a 1st round pick from Chicago and was then re-signed by Coyotes...

Playoff teams value pending UFAs - they can stack their team without salary cap reprecussions - I'd say UFAs are actually more valuable than long-term contracts

If Chevy doesn't end up with two NHL ready prospects and two 1st round picks from Ladd and Buff, something's wrong...

If Pavelec can get you another prospect and a salary dump player back, I think that's a win as well.

Buff is a major prized possession.  He should absolutely return a large piece.  Drouin?  Sure.  Plus?  I dont know.  But Drouin is young and unproven.  Yes, he has tons of upside, but Buff will be seen by many teams as the type of player that gives them a shot at the Cup and costs virtually no money & no commitment AND they have first crack at re-signing if they choose.

Drouin would help the Jets a lot too.  A Left Wing (either replacement for Ladd or much needed depth).  Fits the Jets' group of young players, especially if Ladd & Buff are gone. 

Both Drouin and Hamonic seem no-brainers for the Jets. 

3 minutes ago, The Unknown Poster said:

Buff is a major prized possession.  He should absolutely return a large piece.  Drouin?  Sure.  Plus?  I dont know.  But Drouin is young and unproven.  Yes, he has tons of upside, but Buff will be seen by many teams as the type of player that gives them a shot at the Cup and costs virtually no money & no commitment AND they have first crack at re-signing if they choose.

Drouin would help the Jets a lot too.  A Left Wing (either replacement for Ladd or much needed depth).  Fits the Jets' group of young players, especially if Ladd & Buff are gone. 

Both Drouin and Hamonic seem no-brainers for the Jets. 

Hamonic is more of an off season move I think unless you go myers and Ladd to NYI for Hamonic a 1st and something else. I do think that Hamonic will be a Jet but I think it happens in the off season.

Drouin is unproven so Tampa adds. 1st plus Drouin for Buff is probably a win win for both teams. 

Edited by Goalie

2 minutes ago, Goalie said:

Buff at minimum will get a 1st and prospect.  

Ladd will too. 

It's just how it is. Minimum and personally think buff gets more. He's a difference maker especially to a team in the East. East is wide open.  Buff makes a big difference 

yeah a first and a prospect is pretty much the standard, but there's a difference between a B prospect and Drouin. For Drouin think about what it would take for you to trade Ehlers cause they're pretty similar players. Would you give up Ehlers and a first round pick for a free agent defenceman who wants a long and big contract when he's on the wrong side of 30?

16 minutes ago, Floyd said:

Antoine Vermette got a prime LHD prospect and a 1st round pick from Chicago and was then re-signed by Coyotes...

Playoff teams value pending UFAs - they can stack their team without salary cap reprecussions - I'd say UFAs are actually more valuable than long-term contracts

If Chevy doesn't end up with two NHL ready prospects and two 1st round picks from Ladd and Buff, something's wrong...

Serious question...is Klas Dahlbeck considered a prime LHD? Even the 1st would have been a good return for Vermette though, so I agree with your point.

4 minutes ago, 17to85 said:

yeah a first and a prospect is pretty much the standard, but there's a difference between a B prospect and Drouin. For Drouin think about what it would take for you to trade Ehlers cause they're pretty similar players. Would you give up Ehlers and a first round pick for a free agent defenceman who wants a long and big contract when he's on the wrong side of 30?

Exactly. "First & a prospect" is a pretty broad range.

Drouin right now is just a prospect. You don't know if he will be a 60 70 point guy or a 30 point guy. Fans might value prospects highly but at some point... when does that prospect become what he is. It's like with Kane. People still think he has all this potential but... does he? Or is he what he is. He's been in the league a while now. 

Drouin is not Kane. He's publicly requested a trade. His value isn't that high. You know what buff is. Buff is a difference maker right now. Drouin isn't and may never be. These gms are in the business of winning and if tbay feels they have a brief window here to win... they are gonna go for it. They aren't hurting for prospects but they are In a conference for that is wide open. They would easily move potential for established and I won't be surprised If they do. 

From a Montreal Blogger:

The Jets will probably be looking for a young forward and a high draft pick in order to let go of Ladd. Would an offer of Lars Eller and a 2nd or 3rd round pick be enough to acquire Ladd’s services? It remains to be seen, but that would be a typical Bergevin offer. as the Lars Eller experiment on the second line has been a total failure so far. The Great Dane has only 7 goals and 5 assists for 12 points in 40 games, on pace for a mere 24 points. That is just not good enough!