Ladd and Buff

Ducky

1 minute ago, Goalie said:

I agree with all of that but... Normally when a guy comes out and requests a trade, it doesn't really end all that well. Think Drouins time is up. 

We did okay good with the return on Kane

Kane never did come out publicly  and say he wanted a trade tho. That's the difference here. For as much as a goof Kane was, he never actually came out and said he wanted to be traded, Not until after he was traded. 

Edited by Goalie

No he just went MIA before a game and it came out publicly that the rest of the Jets didn't want him in the dressing room, it comes out to the same thing.

Everyone knew he was never going to play another game in Winnipeg.

7 minutes ago, 17to85 said:

Don't forget that Bogosian was also part of that deal. Yeah the Jets came out ahead on the deal but Kane wasn't the only valuable piece they gave up. 

Even if you consider Bogo and Myers a wash (I'd still take Myers over Bogo), they still got Stafford, Armia (former 1st), and a 1st round pick.

Which is certainly more than Stuart and a 3rd which is all he suggested that Drouin was worth since he asked for a trade. 

Just now, Goalie said:

No. I'm saying that's all I'd offer cuz I don't think Drouin Is worth it. 

You just said in that sentence that he isn't worth it, meaning you think his worth is Stuart and a 3rd. 

So how is that not what you said?

6 minutes ago, Rich said:

Even if you consider Bogo and Myers a wash (I'd still take Myers over Bogo), they still got Stafford, Armia (former 1st), and a 1st round pick.

Which is certainly more than Stuart and a 3rd which is all he suggested that Drouin was worth since he asked for a trade. 

And Lemieux. Forgot about Lemieux. 

17 minutes ago, Rich said:

Stafford was a pending FA wasn't he? So it's a FA swap and then some prospects. It's not a bad return but it's hardly great. Pretty much the good player for various pieces that may or may not work out. 

Just now, 17to85 said:

Stafford was a pending FA wasn't he? So it's a FA swap and then some prospects. It's not a bad return but it's hardly great. Pretty much the good player for various pieces that may or may not work out. 

Yes it was for a prospect who was a 1st round pick, a 1st round pick, and an early 2nd round pick prospect.

Which, to the point of the original post, is you can get more then a 5th / 6th D-Man and a 3rd round pick for a disgruntled player who doesn't want to play for your team.

I guess that depends on demand.  Hamonic demanded a trade too but the Isles didnt trade him immediately.  They are going to wait for demand.

Tampa has all the leverage with Drouin other than if they keep him, they have a disgruntled player.  But if he wants to play in the NHL he either has to get over being disgruntled or retire.  Realistically, it wont come to the latter because even if he doesnt get over being disgruntled, the team will eventually opt to part ways.  But they will do it on their time line, like with Winnipeg and Kane.

Tampa's pressing issue is Stamkos.

25 minutes ago, Rich said:

Yes it was for a prospect who was a 1st round pick, a 1st round pick, and an early 2nd round pick prospect.

Which, to the point of the original post, is you can get more then a 5th / 6th D-Man and a 3rd round pick for a disgruntled player who doesn't want to play for your team.

25 minutes ago,  17to85 said: 

The trade in itself was a good trade, considering the players involved. That alone would have made it worthwhile. The fact that there were viable prospects coming back the Jets way, makes it a very good trade. What would make it great, is, if at least 1 or 2 of the prospects become regulars on our NHL team, and that is a good possibility.

Stafford has 39 points in 65 games

Myers has 30 points in 63 games

Armia has a handful of games in him but doesn't look out of place...I think his ceiling is 2nd line and not sure if he will or not

Lemieux has 14 points in 11 games with the Colts and now has 15 points in 8 games with the Spitfires for 29 points in 19 games... I think he for sure plays on the 4th and maybe the 3rd line

Roslovic is playing well and has 18 points in 18 games

Kaner has 13 points in 29 games

Bogo has 12 points in 43 games

Kasdorf has played 12 games and is 5-5-1 with a 2.12 GAA and .934 sv%

It looks like up to this date that Winnipeg has gotten the better deal. Bogo and Kaner have missed games to injury and been inconsistent. The Jets have gotten more man games and points from the trade.... I see Kane moving on before his contract is done and Bogo getting traded before his is done too... they need a LHD as much as we do. If Kane starts to click with someone the trade could easily swing their way. It also depends how well Roslovic and Lemieux and Armia turn out.......As far as getting Staf as a rental as an UFA, what are the chances we sign him if he doesn't come here in the trade and play here? Not much... Myers and Bogo being a wash? Not even close but different type of players. It looks like up to this date that Winnipeg has gotten the better deal.

6 minutes ago, FrostyWinnipeg said:

In the paper today(think so) they brought up the Wheeler/Stuart trade. Is that better then this considering well I never heard of the guys Boston got in return

Peverley was a decent centre in his day.  Good face-off guy, very good 3rd line centre.  Seeing as how Boston won the cup the year that trade took place, it wasn't all bad for Boston.  

But yes, Wheeler was definitely the best player in that trade.  Peverley was a more experienced player for where Boston was at the time.

on vacation and have avoided most media but saw @FriedgeHNIC 30 thoughts nugget on Buff and @FlaPanthers on twitter. Buff has no trade (1)

(2) @FlaPanthers does make sense for Buff and Tallon is a fan. Dale used to see Buff as a forward. Has that changed?

{3) Would Buff use no trade to prevent going to a team where he might be used as a forward? Or does Tallon see him as a D these day

(4). that was a lot of work. time for a margarita. see you all in a few days.

i am told @nhljets and @FlaPanthers did discuss Buff this summer. Also know that Tallon loves Andrew Ladd as well.

Gary also confirmed that Buff's No Trade requires him to submit a list of ten teams he will *not* accept a trade to upon request.  Request has not been made.

4 minutes ago, Goalie said:

Gonna lose buff for nothing. I think Chevy will be fired if he loses buff and Ladd for nothing. 

I cant imagine he lets them go for nothing.  Someone mentioned that Chipman publicly said that they would not lose them for nothing.  I just cant see it.  Even if he thinks he's close to a deal but its not coming together fast enough, by end of day on Deadline Day, he has to pull the trigger, no matter what.

Ladd acknowledged to Lawless that its contract by Deadline Day or trade.  I think there is probably an understanding, at least with Ladd, that they need the deal signed or he's gone.  That can be used to leverage Ladd's desire to stay here.