Bombers add 2, cut one from PR

bigg jay

The Winnipeg Blue Bombers announce today the additions International offensive lineman Cole Manhart and International defensive back CJ Roberts to the club’s practice roster.

Roberts (6’0, 180, Colorado State-Pueblo, September 8, 1991 in Boynton Beach, Florida)  played in 51 games and totaled 212 tackles (144 solo), 14 interceptions, 32 passes defensed, three forced fumbles and three fumble recoveries in four seasons at Colorado State-Pueblo. Roberts also scored six career touchdowns on defense (five interception returns, one fumble return), and was a three-time all-conference selection (second-team 2012, first-team 2013-14). He was signed by the Arizona Cardinals following the 2015 NFL Draft,  and was released at the conclusion of their 2015 training camp.

Manhart (6’4, 300,  Nebraska-Kearney, September 25, 1992 in Highlands Ranch, Colorado) was originally signed by the Philadelphia Eagles following the 2015 NFL Draft, participating in part of the offseason workouts for the Eagles. A three-year starter at left tackle and a team captain in college, Manhart earned AFCA All-America honors following his junior and senior seasons. Manhart was a three-time All-MIAA selection and a three-time Academic Honor Roll recipient. He signed with the New Orleans Saints in June.

The club has also released International running back Joe Hill from the practice roster.

You will see lots of these guys come and go and the ones they like, they will bring to the florida mini camp this off-season... Centre is probably Goossens next year...Guards? They couldn't be that hard to find, maybe they like a couple but they are still hanging on to that NFL dream. Wouldn't be surprised to see several more added and subtracted over the next little while. 

Some of you guys complain when they aren't bringing in players, then complain when they do.

But don't you get it... they're not bringing in the right players!
westerman bass cotton adams adams leggett wild and marshall say whatchu talkinbout willis?

Not all finds have been busts. (yes i know yer post was sarcastic lol.. i think anyway)

No guards or centres?? C'mon Walters open your eyes man!

you see how well longo worked out? top notch interior guys are not avail this late in season.. you get jersey fillers now. even 5 weeks ago it would have been a trial simply due to how much effort goes into building that cohesivesness an oline needs..

you see how well longo worked out? top notch interior guys are not avail this late in season.. you get jersey fillers now. even 5 weeks ago it would have been a trial simply due to how much effort goes into building that cohesivesness an oline needs..

Longo ends up back on the PR and Neufeld is expected back for BC.  Selvish goes back to LG and Goosen sits again?  Not sure how they fared individually last game with the shuffle but they didn't give up any sacks in the second half.

Longo ends up back on the PR and Neufeld is expected back for BC.  Selvish goes back to LG and Goosen sits again?  Not sure how they fared individually last game with the shuffle but they didn't give up any sacks in the second half.

Statistically, we didn't gave up a sack last game.

Statistically, we didn't gave up a sack last game.

You're right, but you would have a hard time convincing Nichols that was the case.  I believe he got "planted" at least 4 times.

Some of you guys complain when they aren't bringing in players, then complain when they do.

But don't you get it... they're not bringing in the right players!
westerman bass cotton adams adams leggett wild and marshall say whatchu talkinbout willis?

Not all finds have been busts. (yes i know yer post was sarcastic lol.. i think anyway)

I'm not sure I could have been more sarcastic... short of adding a  ;)  or  :P