Lawless on Matt Nichols

gbill2004

Don't know why we can't. We were willing to go after Muamba & throw a ton of money at him to sign here. He just decided on more tons of money in Montreal (ha, ha) & signed there. I'll take our top 2 qbs over the top 2 Alouettes qbs any day of the week. If Nicholls is allowed to leave during free agency then that's just bad asset management by Walters.

No it's not necessarily bad asset management by Walters...Nicholls may not want to stay here as a backup. You are ready to blame Walters even before anything has happened.!

A mobile QB also helps make an OL and OC look better.

And we have two mobile QB's but our OC has tied an anchor to them.
Unfortunately those 2 mobile QBs can't throw.

are you serious?

So you were impressed with Marve's accuracy?

So your example is a QB that is not even with the team anymore?   Willy's accuracy is without question and Nichols is good enough.  

While you're at it, why not use Ryan Dinwiddie to prove your point.  

Don't know why we can't. We were willing to go after Muamba & throw a ton of money at him to sign here. He just decided on more tons of money in Montreal (ha, ha) & signed there. I'll take our top 2 qbs over the top 2 Alouettes qbs any day of the week. If Nicholls is allowed to leave during free agency then that's just bad asset management by Walters.

No it's not necessarily bad asset management by Walters...Nicholls may not want to stay here as a backup. You are ready to blame Walters even before anything has happened.!

Walters has to get it done. Bottom line. As lawless said, If the money's right he'll stay so get it done. Everyone thought Drew Tate would leave the Stamps & he ended up re-signing with the Stamps. 

A mobile QB also helps make an OL and OC look better.

And we have two mobile QB's but our OC has tied an anchor to them.
Unfortunately those 2 mobile QBs can't throw.

are you serious?

So you were impressed with Marve's accuracy?

So your example is a QB that is not even with the team anymore?   Willy's accuracy is without question and Nichols is good enough.  

While you're at it, why not use Ryan Dinwiddie to prove your point.  

No. You said we have 2 mobile QBs.  I assumed you were referring to Marve as one of those two and maybe Boyd of Davis as the other.  Willy sure ain't mobile. 

I stand by my statement that there isn't much of a drop off from Willy to Nichols. 

Agreed there's not much difference & Nichols 6 years of experience shows.

But Nichols will sign where he can start - not to back up.

Willy hasn't proven to be durable so Nichols might have a chance here.

But I guess at $400k next year there's pressure on Bombers to start Willy no matter what.

Whether he's worth that kind of coin ... well ... remains to be seen.

Hopefully we give Davis and Boyd a look now that we are pretty much in next year country.

QB still a question mark on this club going forward.

Funny thing is we still aren't out of it. If these last 2 games prove anything it's that we aren't as bad as it seems. Right now I'd say we are actually playing better than both bc and Montreal

BC looked like they found their groove tonight with Jennings at QB but of course that was against Sask.

Funny thing is we still aren't out of it. If these last 2 games prove anything it's that we aren't as bad as it seems. Right now I'd say we are actually playing better than both bc and Montreal

We are playing better than both those teams.

Our season comes down to next weekend...we beat BC and we have the series on them and tied in wins. Montreal then has to lose. They host Toronto. Go Argos!

Our season comes down to next weekend...we beat BC and we have the series on them and tied in wins. Montreal then has to lose. They host Toronto. Go Argos!

Um, if we are playing better why is our record worse? Convenient scapegoats for two weeks have overshadowed continuing weaknesses.

I don't understand how people continue to believe this team is just short of being good. They are 4-10 have lost seven of the last 8 and need to win three of their last four to MATCH their terrible mark of last year.

Sorry if many of you folks like Walters and MOS but in two full years they have not significantly done anything to make this team good. In the case of Walters he has been here five years in different capacities and hasn't been more than the low side of middling at every job. Even a chimp could make the odd good draft pick, trade, or FA signing.

Yup no two ways about it the Bombers are a very bad team.

I'm not sure how a game that we only lost because we continually shot ourselves in the foot proves we aren't as bad as we thought.

We think/know we're a bad team because of the fact we consisitently find ways to lose close games. As well as being completely blown out of the rest of them.

BC looked like they found their groove tonight with Jennings at QB but of course that was against Sask.

They played just as good against Edmonton on the road last week as we did against them at home.

Um, if we are playing better why is our record worse? Convenient scapegoats for two weeks have overshadowed continuing weaknesses.

I don't understand how people continue to believe this team is just short of being good. They are 4-10 have lost seven of the last 8 and need to win three of their last four to MATCH their terrible mark of last year.

Sorry if many of you folks like Walters and MOS but in two full years they have not significantly done anything to make this team good. In the case of Walters he has been here five years in different capacities and hasn't been more than the low side of middling at every job. Even a chimp could make the odd good draft pick, trade, or FA signing.

Yup no two ways about it the Bombers are a very bad team.

At this point our record doesn't really matter. It is what it is. 4-10. And that is a crappy record.

Win next week against BC, and it matters even less.

Lose next week...and it's over.

But even if you can't admit that this team took the top 2 teams in the West to the end of the game, and we're still in it, you have to see some sort of progression with Matt Nichols at QB.

But see it as you will, I know I do.