U.S. Federal Election

Donald Trump love him or hate he is a master showman and snake oit salesmen. Loves to hear himself talk love all the press he gets loves to name drop but in the end a lot of what he says is fluff. People may be tried of career politicians but i dont think their ready to give the keys to the US to Trump 

Donald Trump love him or hate he is a master showman and snake oit salesmen. Loves to hear himself talk love all the press he gets loves to name drop but in the end a lot of what he says is fluff. People may be tried of career politicians but i dont think their ready to give the keys to the US to Trump 

Except much of what he is saying has a lot of substance to it. 

Donald Trump trounces GOP field, Biden leads general election match-ups

cnn.com

Vice President Joe Biden fares better against top GOP candidates in hypothetical general election match-ups than Hillary Clinton, according to a new national survey.

Just 7% said they would vote for former Florida Gov. Jeb Bush, a record low since November 2013.

Those results show just how far both Trump -- now the Republican front-runner -- and Bush -- the old one -- have come. Bush led national polls for much of the first half of 2015, but was quickly dislodged by Trump, after he announced his presidential ambitions this June.

About 1-in-4 GOP voters say they would never vote for Trump, topping the field. Bush comes in second with 18%.

Clinton still leads the Democratic race at 45% support from registered Democrats, followed by Vermont Sen. Bernie Sanders at 22% and Biden -- who is currently mulling a 2016 bid -- at 18%.

But Biden, currently sporting the highest favorability rating among any 2016 candidates polled of either party, tops Trump 48% to 40%, compared to Clinton, who beats Trump 45% to 41%.

Biden also beats Bush, 45% to 39%, compared to Clinton, who beats Bush 42% to 40%.

***I guess this shows how early it is.  Because Joe Biden?  lol  Wow.

LOL at Scott Walker.. Dude is a joke actually. Just do some basic research on the guy and you will find out how much of a joke he is..

Let's just say this..

Dude has a net worth of 72,000 dollars. He owes 50,000 on his sears card and also more money on his barclays card. Guy is a joke, big time and shouldn't and will never be taken seriously EVER. 

• 2 weeks later...

Saw Jeb Bush on Colbert last night (the new Late Show is a discussion for another thread) and he reminded me why I liked him.  He was personable, engaging, funny, self-deprecating and willing to criticism his brother and compliment the Democrats.

He made a great point early saying Obama doesnt have ill-intentions, they just disagree.  Seems to be positioning himself as the candidate that can work with both sides.  He also was critical of his brother for not reeling in Republican spending.  So again, he's saying he can work with the Democrats and be tough on the Republicans.  He needs to show more personality in debates if he wants to get back into this thing.  He has a likeable personality.

Jeb is the only one who can keep Hilliary out of the White House. He's the only one who can sway the middle ground, undecided voter away from her. Once the circus has run it's course, I hope those on the right can see that.

And I think Hilliary would be a worse President than Obama has been.

If Jeb won it would be a big improvement over the disaster that was his brother's two-term reign as president.  

Thought id slip this one in here as I saw Clinton tweeted about it too and it could get some play as an Islamaphobe issue

@CBCAlerts: More @CBCNews: #Texas boy makes clock, gets arrested at school. Teacher thought it was bomb. http://t.co/u7UymV92YMhttp://t.co/0rS0riDg1i

What stupidity by the school and police.

What a clown show that debate was. You keep waiting for somebody to say they're just kidding, at which point the real candidates will walk out and have an adult conversation about actual important topics.

CNN played into the joke by doing everything they could to make them fight. It wasn't "explain your position" type of questions, but moreso "Trump said this about you, please respond to him".

Thought id slip this one in here as I saw Clinton tweeted about it too and it could get some play as an Islamaphobe issue

@CBCAlerts: More @CBCNews: #Texas boy makes clock, gets arrested at school. Teacher thought it was bomb. http://t.co/u7UymV92YMhttp://t.co/0rS0riDg1i

What stupidity by the school and police.

I read a great line about this: "Most American Sentence Ever - Texas Police Arrest Muslim for Science"

Problem is, these debates are big business for the networks.  They love Trump because he's attracting voters.  I couldnt make time to watch at all...I only saw one clip where Jeb looked like he was finally going to take part in the election campaign when he defended W to a degree and Trump...you could sort of tell he agreed, he was nodding like "okay, good point" and then countered with "I dont feel safe".  I didnt see if Jeb replied, but I think if I were him my reply would be "well if you dont, take a look at who's been in the White House for 7 years".

Jeb, to me, seems like the Republican's best option over all.  And I think he could actually be a very effective president.

Washington (CNN)Hillary Clinton's lead in the Democratic presidential primary race has grown -- and if Vice President Joe Biden decides to stay out of the race, her numbers would rise even higher, a new CNN/ORC poll shows.

Clinton is backed by 42% of Democratic primary voters nationally, compared to 24% for Vermont Sen. Bernie Sanders, 22% for Biden and 1% for former Maryland Gov. Martin O'Malley.

That's a marked improvement over an early September CNN/ORC poll that found Clinton leading Sanders, 37% to 27%, with Biden at 20%.

Washington (CNN)Carly Fiorina shot into second place in the Republican presidential field on the heels of another strong debate performance, and Donald Trump has lost some support, a new national CNN/ORC poll shows.

The survey, conducted in the three days after 23 million people tuned in to Wednesday night's GOP debate on CNN, shows that Trump is still the party's front-runner with 24% support. That, though, is an 8 percentage point decrease from earlier in the month when a similar poll had him at 32%.

Fiorina ranks second with 15% support -- up from 3% in early September. She's just ahead of Ben Carson's 14%, though Carson's support has also declined from 19% in the previous poll.

Driving Trump's drop and Fiorina's rise: a debate in which 31% of Republicans who watched said Trump was the loser, and 52% identified Fiorina as the winner.

***Clinton seems the obvious choice for Democrats.  I still think Jeb will end up a front runner for the Republicans.  Cant say he will get the nomination but he seems the most likely to appeal to the widest audience.  Fiorina is intriguing.  But all things considered, she might make the best VP to keep the undecided women voters from swinging to Clinton.

Here is an interesting one:

Washington (CNN)Ben Carson said Monday he could indeed support a Muslim for president -- despite words to the contrary on Sunday -- should they pledge fealty to the Constitution.

Carson, under fire for seeming to suggest that he couldn't support anyone who subscribes to Islam to lead the White House, issued a caveat to that position on Monday evening. In an interview with Fox News' Sean Hannity, the Republican presidential candidate said there are some Muslims who could be president if they effectively renounced their faith.

"If someone has a Muslim background and they're willing to reject those tenets and to accept the way of life that we have and clearly will swear to place our Constitution above their religion ... I would then be quite willing to support them," he said.

In a post on Facebook also on Monday night, Carson reiterated that position.

"I could never support a candidate for President of the United States that was Muslim and had not renounced the central tenant of Islam: Sharia Law," he wrote. "I know that there are many peaceful Muslims who do not adhere to these beliefs. But until these tenants are fully renounced...I cannot advocate any Muslim candidate for President.

****He had previously said while he had many Muslim friends he would not support a Muslim as President.  And I find it interesting...because I'd assume most of us here have no racial bias against Muslim's but do we make an internal caveat that we *do* have a problem with Muslim's who follow all the beliefs of that religion?

Conversely, when the President is sworn in and swears to uphold the constitution, doesnt that trump any religion?  And yet, do they not swear "so help me God"?  Would a Christian zealot be any less dangerous than a Muslim president?

I find this interesting because there was a family uproar this past week when a relative of my gf was posting very anti-Muslim sentiments online...things such as Memes making fun of Muslim's etc.  She called him out and his defense was that Muslim's are killing people and sneaking into the country and we have to stop them and send them back.  He made no distinction between Muslim's and radical Islam.  Obviously he was incorrect.  But where does the line get drawn for most people?

And again, relating to the US election, Trump got into trouble because someone asking him a question referred to Obama as a Muslim and Trump didn't correct him.  Ultimately the question of "would you support a Muslim president" seems tantamount to the old "when did you stop beating your wife" legal question.  Is there an answer that doesnt screw the candidate?