U.S. Federal Election

The wars Obama was going to end?

You've guessed wrong.

There are almost no people in either American party that are anythinig more than puppets for the banks, oil companies, military industrial corps, drug manufactuers, big ag,  and so on.

Senator  Durbin:

"And the banks -- hard to believe in a time when we're facing a banking crisis that many of the banks created -- are still the most powerful lobby on Capitol Hill. And they frankly own the place," he said

• 3 weeks later...

Pretty disappointed in this.  Not a lot to like on the Republican side.  I liked Jeb.

Washington (CNN)Jeb Bush has tried everything.

His campaign allies have blanketed the airwaves with almost $30 million in ads. Aiming to shake the "low-energy" tag and prove his toughness, Bush hit Donald Trump as a carnival barker unfit for the serious job of being President. He attacked Sen. Marco Rubio, suggesting his former protégé was a dilettante in a hurry. He cut staff, hired a debate coach, and pledged that "Jeb Can Fix It."

Bush is now polling at 3% -- and dropping.

The 3% figure puts Bush in sixth place in the national GOP race, according to the CNN/ORC poll released Friday morning. It's the latest insult and disappointment for Bush, a son and brother of presidents, the conservative former two-term governor of Florida and the man who started the race as the unquestioned establishment favorite.

Donald Trump just jumped the shark

http://www.cnn.com/2015/12/07/politics/donald-trump-muslim-ban-immigration/index.html

(CNN)Republican presidential front-runner Donald Trump called Monday to block all Muslims from entering the United States.

Trump, who has previously called for surveillance against mosques and said he was open to establishing a database for all Muslims living in the U.S., made his latest controversial call in a news release. His call comes in the wake of a deadly mass shooting in San Bernardino, California, by suspected ISIS sympathizers and the day after President Barack Obama asked the country not to "turn against one another" out of fear.

"Without looking at the various polling data, it is obvious to anybody the hatred is beyond comprehension. Where this hatred comes from and why we will have to determine," said Trump's release. "Until we are able to determine and understand this problem and the dangerous threat it poses, our country cannot be the victims of horrendous attacks by people that believe only in Jihad, and have no sense of reason or respect for human life."

http://fortune.com/2015/12/08/donald-trump-bill-gates-internet/

At a campaign rally aboard the USS Yorktown in Mount Pleasant, S.C., Trump suggested that Microsoft  MSFT 0.05%  founder Bill Gates, could possibly help censor parts of the online world. “We’re losing a lot of people because of the Internet,” Trump said. “We have to see Bill Gates and a lot of different people that really understand what’s happening. We have to talk to them about, maybe in certain areas, closing that Internet up in some way.”

“Somebody will say, ‘Oh freedom of speech, freedom of speech,'” he added, dismissing the objection with an arm wave. “These are foolish people.

“We’ve got to maybe do something with the Internet because they are recruiting by the thousands.”

Donald Trump just jumped the shark

http://www.cnn.com/2015/12/07/politics/donald-trump-muslim-ban-immigration/index.html

(CNN)Republican presidential front-runner Donald Trump called Monday to block all Muslims from entering the United States.

Trump, who has previously called for surveillance against mosques and said he was open to establishing a database for all Muslims living in the U.S., made his latest controversial call in a news release. His call comes in the wake of a deadly mass shooting in San Bernardino, California, by suspected ISIS sympathizers and the day after President Barack Obama asked the country not to "turn against one another" out of fear.

"Without looking at the various polling data, it is obvious to anybody the hatred is beyond comprehension. Where this hatred comes from and why we will have to determine," said Trump's release. "Until we are able to determine and understand this problem and the dangerous threat it poses, our country cannot be the victims of horrendous attacks by people that believe only in Jihad, and have no sense of reason or respect for human life."

#BREAKING: @PressSec Josh Earnest says @realDonaldTrump remarks yesterday "disqualify him from serving as President". #uspoli

Trump is a ******* clown, but in the interests of fairness, I have to point out that HRC has also declared that the government needs to regulate social media, the internet, and encryption technology in order to prevent the spread of jihadi thought.

She just said it in a way that made her sound less like an idiot.

POLL: 65% of likely GOP voters back Muslim ban, 51% strongly; makes 37% more likely to back Trump:

There is precedent to banning certain people in times of war. And also there's nothing wrong with it. Look to when Germans, Italians and Japanese weren't allowed in because it was too difficult to separate the good from the bad.

POLL: 65% of likely GOP voters back Muslim ban, 51% strongly; makes 37% more likely to back Trump:

There is precedent to banning certain people in times of war. And also there's nothing wrong with it. Look to when Germans, Italians and Japanese weren't allowed in because it was too difficult to separate the good from the bad.

Are you saying that was a good thing?

<blockquote class='ipsBlockquote'data-author="The Unknown Poster" data-cid="174898" data-time="1450125706"><p><p><blockquote class="ipsBlockquote" data-author="basslicker" data-cid="174894" data-time="1450124836"><p>Yes I am. And my family is Ukrainian and many of them weren't trusted because they were part of the ussr at the time.What is wrong with protecting your way of life?

Grand Rapids, Michigan (CNN)Donald Trump attacked Hillary Clinton in vulgar terms Monday night, saying that her bathroom break during the last Democratic debate was just too "disgusting" to talk about and then stating she "got schlonged" by Barack Obama in the 2008 presidential race.

"Even a race to Obama, she was gonna beat Obama. I don't know who would be worse, I don't know, how could it be worse? But she was going to beat -- she was favored to win -- and she got schlonged, she lost, I mean she lost," Trump said.

Earlier, Trump started to criticize Clinton for not returning to the ABCNews debate stage on Saturday night in time, but then said he didn't want to talk more about it because it was "disgusting."

"I know where she went, it's disgusting, I don't want to talk about it," Trump said. "No, it's too disgusting. Don't say it, it's disgusting, let's not talk, we want to be very, very straight up."

Fired up by a raucous crowd, Trump unleashed on a slew of political opponents -- starting with Sen. Lindsey Graham, who dropped his presidential bid earlier on Monday, and finishing with Obama.

• 2 weeks later...
  • 3 weeks later...

I dont believe those kids are singing.  When they danced side to side, their mouths moved from the mic but their voices never wavered.  Scam.

Reminds me a bit of last week's The Good Wife.  I guess there is some weird hokey stuff that happens in these rallies and what not.

Republican's still have a big problem with Trump.  What are they going to do if he maintains his status as the top Republican?

On ‎1‎/‎4‎/‎2016 at 11:31 PM, Throw Long Bannatyne said:

Not election related but just stumbled across Obama on Comedians In Cars Getting Coffee with Seinfeld.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=-cOLF9k6FAw

Better than most episodes of this show.

I agree when it comes to presidents who are comedians, Obama is definitely better at being a comedian than a president.

Edited by kelownabomberfan