Blue Jays

nate007

I expect the jays to offer big. Itd be stupid of the jays management not to see or appreciate what opening their wallets did not just for the on field product but attendence and bottom line. They have a relatively young team, if they have concern about their pipeline, u do whats necessairly to keep this team intact until u restock the cupboards

IF we can lock up price, with strowman and estrada, we have a 4th option.  during the jays/royals series we claimed pitcher pat venditte off waivers who is the only switch pitcher in the majors right now.  he could be a solid 4th assuming buerhle and dickey are done

I would not put a lot of faith in Estrada repeating what he did this year.

dont have any reason why not, if he sucks maybe he just turns into the new sanchez and is a bull pen player if in fact sanchez is coming to the starting rotation.  I was reading up on venditte a little more, imagine having a player that can could potentially pitch 200 pitches a game (wishful thinking but no reason to think you couldnt get 100 pitches left arm, 100 pitches right arm)

dont have any reason why not, if he sucks maybe he just turns into the new sanchez and is a bull pen player if in fact sanchez is coming to the starting rotation.  I was reading up on venditte a little more, imagine having a player that can could potentially pitch 200 pitches a game (wishful thinking but no reason to think you couldnt get 100 pitches left arm, 100 pitches right arm)

I think you're in serious trouble if you're throwing 200 pitches in one game...

Lol I wouldnt want that many pitches for sure, but the guy can potentially burn one arm then switch arms. Hes much better right handed but his numbers left handed arent that bad

if he's good enough, one thing could be a major advantage in the playoffs... start one game as a righty and then be available the next couple games as a lefty in the bullpen...

I dont know if it applies to the majors, but he was told he had to declare what hand he was pitchig the batter before they stepped into the batter box in the minors - not being allowed to switch hands during the at bat, but I dont beleve he was restricted from changing back n forth for every new batter. His numbers arent deadly, but he put up reasonable stats pitching for oakland (something like 1.18 era right handed, 2.78 era left) I dont think he ever pitched for the yankees tho despite being a 2008 draft of theirs

Price kind of sucked in the playoffs. Sign Estrada and Jays will be OK with

Stroman Estrada Dickey Sanchez and ... ??

Go after Zach Greinke... I'd take him over price any day. Greinke gonna get paid

But doesn't small market low budget KC winning proves that you really don't need a price or a guy like that? ?

I didnt follow the Rays all that closely (not much at all really) and Kiermaier who won the gold glove over Pillar had a league leading 42 saved runs, but I still think it was robbery. Pillar was a human highlight reel this year defensively.  I dont even think im saying that biasedly as a jays fan

So was Kiermaier. Not a slight to Pillar at all Kiermaier just as good as Pillar.

• 3 weeks later...