CFL Preseason C Other Games: Argos vs Als / Stampeders vs Riders / Eskimos vs Leos

Sure lol.

All joking aside though, I'm a bit surprised by Higgins's already talking about starting LeFevour.  I know Crompton's been off this preseason and I'm not advocating player loyalty, but to me it just makes sense to use the guy who took the team on his back last year and turned their fortunes from 1-8 to 9-9.  I just don't see anything LeFevour brings to the table that's gonna help the Als get consistent wins at this point.  I just don't see any wisdom in this and more likely than not, Higgins would probably just wind up changing his mind again a couple weeks in.

LeFevour has had more playing time then Crompton and if the coach thinks that he is the better guy then why not make the move right away rather then waiting until it's to late. 

Crompton IMO did a good job last season considering he came in cold and just won... but lots of those wins were Bishop in Toronto going 12-2 type of wins...

Tom Higgins said that Jonathan Crompton will start the season at QB. #Alouettes #CFL

Yup, and only makes sense too.  No he isn't Calvillo, but I think he's the best option they got and unless he craps the bed super bad, he's the horse that's been ridden post-AC that's delivered the best.

LeFevour has had more playing time then Crompton and if the coach thinks that he is the better guy then why not make the move right away rather then waiting until it's to late. 

Crompton IMO did a good job last season considering he came in cold and just won... but lots of those wins were Bishop in Toronto going 12-2 type of wins...

From my observation LeFevour seems to be either hot or cold so far, much better as a fill in or change of pace QB than an actual starter.

Expected cuts from the Als... 

Int. DL Chris Baker.
Int. K Drew Basil.
Nat. FB Jean-Samuel Blanc.
Int. WR Johnathan Bryant.
Int. OL Pierce Burton.
Int. LB Avery Cunningham.
Int. CB Jonathan Hefney.
Int. WR Chandler Jones.
Int. WR Julian Jones.
Nat. DT Jesse Joseph.
Int. LB Darrin Kitchens.
Int. OL William Latu.
Nat. OL Quinn Lawlor.
Nat. DT Asante Mizam.
Nat. FB MacKenzie Sarro.

Int. DL Chris Baker.

Int. K Drew Basil.

Int. OL Pierce Burton.

Int. CB Jonathan Hefney.

Int. WR Chandler Jones.

Int. WR Julian Jones.

Nat. DT Jesse Joseph.

Int. LB Darrin Kitchens.

Int. OL William Latu.

Nat. OL Quinn Lawlor.

Nat. DT Asante Mizam.

Nat. FB MacKenzie Sarro.

Not surprising... making the switch from DE to WR can be tough and I just can't imagine he's got the necessary speed at 6'5, 265lbs! B)

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Chandler_Jones

Int. DL Chris Baker.

Int. K Drew Basil.

Int. OL Pierce Burton.

Int. CB Jonathan Hefney.

Int. WR Chandler Jones.

Int. WR Julian Jones.

Nat. DT Jesse Joseph.

Int. LB Darrin Kitchens.

Int. OL William Latu.

Nat. OL Quinn Lawlor.

Nat. DT Asante Mizam.

Nat. FB MacKenzie Sarro.

Not surprising... making the switch from DE to WR can be tough and I just can't imagine he's got the necessary speed at 6'5, 265lbs! B)

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Chandler_Jones

http://cfl.ca/roster/show/id/8217  :wacko: