Training Camp / Practice - June 13

M.O.A.B.

It is encouraging that Daniels appears to be looking good with Dile being hurt.

It appears we may have a nice receiving corps this year: Denmark/Moore/Adams/Kolhert/FG with say Bastain/Richards and Tuieni in reserve.

The Freep is a joke with the coverage. Wonder if it would be $50 a month if they actually had reporters who reported?

Hey - don't worry about the Freep - I get all my info here. Thanks to all for doing what you do I trust what you guys say (most of the time ;) ) over what I'd read in the paper anyway 

What's Gordon's size like? I don't recall.

Was interesting hearing Stegall say how the receivers are going to change in the league due to the new rules. Small/speedier receivers will be the norm, according to him anyway. Maybe Gordon is the beginning? 

He's listed on the roster as 6'1", 195 lbs.

I'm disappointed at the turn of events for Yantz.

I'm also puzzled.

Why hang onto him, in TC, and not give him reps?

Are they keeping him somewhere? And he'll get his chance? Will the shoe drop for Portis? Can the Bombers afford to release Portis, or have they seen enough?

Isn't TC fun?

What's Gordon's size like? I don't recall.

Was interesting hearing Stegall say how the receivers are going to change in the league due to the new rules. Small/speedier receivers will be the norm, according to him anyway. Maybe Gordon is the beginning? 

That was an interesting point.  One of the biggest things I'm looking for with the new rule is how they handle the "physical" receivers and some of the picks set downfield to open up space.  Rule should go both ways if they are going to be strict.  I don't necessarily agree with Milt because in the couple of pre-season games I've watched there hasn't been any huge difference IMO and big targets are always good, even against zone.  In fact having guys with more "catch radius" could save a lot of INT's vs zone defense.

Willy is miles ahead of any of our other QBs. He just looks so polished and confident. His accuracy and completion rate is much better than the other QBs.

Willy is miles ahead of any of our other QBs. He just looks so polished and confident. His accuracy and completion rate is much better than the other QBs.

Let's hope he can continue this in game action when the danger level is raised.

As to be expected. Just don't tell the Marve Is Best clan. When healthy, no question Willy is The Man....

No slight to Danny Mac, his career speaks for itself, but I bet people wanted him to play over Dunigan.

What people?  His mom and dad?

In what world would anyone have wanted anyone to replace Dunigan?  "Sorry, please put in Danny, I don't like seeing Dunigan throw for 750 yards.  That's just showboating."

As to be expected. Just don't tell the Marve Is Best clan. When healthy, no question Willy is The Man....

No slight to Danny Mac, his career speaks for itself, but I bet people wanted him to play over Dunigan.

What people? His mom and dad?

In what world would anyone have wanted anyone to replace Dunigan? "Sorry, please put in Danny, I don't like seeing Dunigan throw for 750 yards. That's just showboating."

I bet they existed.

Not in your context, but liking him over Dunigan.

The 1992 Grey Cup was the worst game I ever saw Dunigan play, 47 passing yards in over 3 quarters. 

I was glad McManus went in the 4th but it was already too late. McManus was 7 of 18 passing for 155 yards.

It was the only time I wanted him in over Dunigan but even then you knew he was the future and it was a crime when he left. We had to use Garza the next year so you can't say he was replaced. To me they were guys from different eras even though Dunigan continued to play after he left here, he was pretty much done.

Who actually believes that Marve is better than Willy though (except that one poster at TEP)? I mean... I would like to see him get reps and I'd get excited at the opportunity to see him play but I don't think anyone expects him to be better than Willy. Marve still has much to prove.

Yeah, yknow, thinking about it... Dunigan was severely dinged at that point and everyone knew it. I don't remember McManus's ability from those early days, but I mightve been willing to listen to an argument.......

Who actually believes that Marve is better than Willy though (except that one poster at TEP)? I mean... I would like to see him get reps and I'd get excited at the opportunity to see him play but I don't think anyone expects him to be better than Willy. Marve still has much to prove.

Marve has not really stepped up, according to reports, and I thought he would do better as camp rolled along. His saving grace is that the guy behind him is doing worse.

Marve has not really stepped up, according to reports, and I thought he would do better as camp rolled along. His saving grace is that the guy behind him is doing worse.

You mean according to gbill's last two reports? Marve has been better than Brohm much more often than vice versa.

No he hasn't been better than brohm at all. Do people think a QB who runs every other play is really sustainable? It's not. He's 3rd string for a reason and until he learns to read a d and complete a pass more consistently he will stay 3rd and I like Marve too but he is not better than brohm right now.

No he hasn't been better than brohm at all. Do people think a QB who runs every other play is really sustainable? It's not. He's 3rd string for a reason and until he learns to read a d and complete a pass more consistently he will stay 3rd and I like Marve too but he is not better than brohm right now.

I agree with you. QBs who look to run as their first option usually get beat up pretty badly and quickly and thus have a short career. I am still hoping that Marve's self-preservation instinct will kick in and he will see the light.