Any Drastic Change of Mind?

BigBlue

I know whenever I ask about how we feel or think, there will always be some who insistently say they need more time or data, and some will most certainly volunteer "only time will tell"...

But I am curious now that we see the talent we have:

Has anybody since early January changed their mind in a meaningful way about our talent level & as a result how well our Blue are going to do this year?

Yes we have improved but so has every team. Have we changed enough talent wise to make a real difference?

Bryant and Picard are known upgrades and both are way better than the guys they replaced.  Westerman should be an upgrade and he really helps with the ratio.  Hall is night and day better at DC and some of the new coaches look like they should be upgrades too.  I really like our 1st round draft picks of Chungh and Waggoner but I don't expect them to be difference makers this year.

We lost our best defensive player in West.  We need 3 new starting LB's.  Our receiving core doesn't worry anyone yet.  The right side of our O line is a work in progress.  We have several players who have to prove they can stay healthy for more than half a season.  We still have MB as OC.

All in all I think we're moving in the right direction.  I think we'll be more competitive and win more games than we did last year.  Enough to move out of last place in the West?  Only time will tell, but we have a good chance if Lulay or Durant can't stay healthy.

Bryant and Picard are known upgrades and both are way better than the guys they replaced.  Westerman should be an upgrade and he really helps with the ratio.  Hall is night and day better at DC and some of the new coaches look like they should be upgrades too.  I really like our 1st round draft picks of Chungh and Waggoner but I don't expect them to be difference makers this year.

We lost our best defensive player in West.  We need 3 new starting LB's.  Our receiving core doesn't worry anyone yet.  The right side of our O line is a work in progress.  We have several players who have to prove they can stay healthy for more than half a season.  We still have MB as OC.

All in all I think we're moving in the right direction.  I think we'll be more competitive and win more games than we did last year.  Enough to move out of last place in the West?  Only time will tell, but we have a good chance if Lulay or Durant can't stay healthy.

Finally someone shows some love for Dan West, but don't fret, he's still on the team.

(Wild?)

Finally someone shows some love for Dan West, but don't fret, he's still on the team.

(Wild?)

I think he means James West.  But I'm not too worried, we still have Graig Battle right?

(Wild?)

Yes Wild!  Yikes!  I can't believe I even typed that.  :wub:

(Wild?)

I think he means James West.  But I'm not too worried, we still have Graig Battle right?

I am hearing good things about a youngster named Tyrone Jones...