Rookie Camp Discussion & Reports - Day 1

Mike

Really surprised to see Randle at SAM.  I don't hate it, if that's what they want to do, it will get him more involved in the action.  But he's a damn good corner.

Penton speculates they're "making room for Johnny Adams", guy better be close to the best corner in the league if they're moving Randle off that island.

It is interesting to see Randle at SAM but... i'm going to keep in mind that it's just a training camp depth chart right now and might not mean too much once all i said an done. Some interesting names in interesting places for sure. Gotta think several will be let go after rookie camp so perhaps it changes some things around more. 

It's interesting that the bolded are participating in rookie camp... B Randle has CFL experience as does Tunei... 

Guess not enough? 

And i'm just gonna ask this or say it, what's the point in the american punter? Is it so Lirim doesn't just get handed the job cuz i think it's pretty unlikely Santella is kept around.  Almost a waste of a spot really unless the guy can do all 3. 

I guess for now all i will say is i have some faith that regardless of the depth chart, they will start the guys who deserve to start... 

I hope nobody other than LIRIM lol gets handed a starting job, everybody should have to beat someone out... If they do, great. If guys are just handed jobs, that's not so good. With that being said tho, i think there are definitely a couple (10 12 15) guys there that are guaranteed spots. 

I think it's just a training camp depth chart .. wouldn't read too much into it...

Every year they line up guys for a look in multiple positions.  Last year Newman took reps in the middle, weak and safety.  Now's the time of year to do it.

Wow Sam Hurl at MLB, I got slapped around pretty good for suggesting that's where he would line up.

I think it's just a training camp depth chart .. wouldn't read too much into it...

Every year they line up guys for a look in multiple positions.  Last year Newman took reps in the middle, weak and safety.  Now's the time of year to do it.

Wow Sam Hurl at MLB, I got slapped around pretty good for suggesting that's where he would line up.

Oh thank god you chimed in, I thought it was the final depth chart.

Never suggested that's not the case .. in fact .. early in camp I expect there to be a bit of playing around, letting our new DC see where they guys fit into his scheme .. but I fully expect Randle to end up at CB.

It's interesting that the bolded are participating in rookie camp... B Randle has CFL experience as does Tunei... 

Guess not enough? 

And i'm just gonna ask this or say it, what's the point in the american punter? Is it so Lirim doesn't just get handed the job cuz i think it's pretty unlikely Santella is kept around.  Almost a waste of a spot really unless the guy can do all 3. 

I guess for now all i will say is i have some faith that regardless of the depth chart, they will start the guys who deserve to start... 

I hope nobody other than LIRIM lol gets handed a starting job, everybody should have to beat someone out... If they do, great. If guys are just handed jobs, that's not so good. With that being said tho, i think there are definitely a couple (10 12 15) guys there that are guaranteed spots. 

The American punter is honestly there most likely so that Lirim doesn't tire his leg out. Seriously. Someone's gotta kick all those balls the kick returners have to field and that's a lot of leg work for one guy.

Guess not enough? 

The American punter is honestly there most likely so that Lirim doesn't tire his leg out. Seriously. Someone's gotta kick all those balls the kick returners have to field and that's a lot of leg work for one guy.

LOL. i actually think that makes a ton of sense.