Rookie Camp Discussion & Reports - Day 1

Mike

For anyone wanting to post articles, reports, thoughts, questions, etc regarding the first day of rookie camp - here's the spot to do it. Only a one hour practice today.

Also - for what it's worth - rookie camp roster limit is 75 + non-counters (current year draft picks and a max of two other non-counters defined by eligibility) and we currently have 82 bodies. As far as I know, counting draft picks and the two non-counters, that maxes us out so you won't see any additions prior to camp other than Richards and Waggoner.

Wednesday, May 27—Rookie Camp

Practice: 3:15 p.m. – 4:15 p.m.

Cameras can record practice from 3:15 p.m. – 3:30 p.m. Still photography of practice can begin at 3:25 p.m.

Players and Head Coach Mike O’Shea will be available following practice on the field.

Greg Childs out of Arkansas. Spent a couple weeks with Toronto last year on the PR.

Can't confirm yet though. Sorry. I guess we'll see later.

This is the guy that the Vikings drafted along with Jarius Wright. I was excited about his potential for the Vikings when he was drafted in 2012 (ran a 4.39 40). He hurt both knees (both knees had a torn patellar tendon in TC) and missed the entire 2012, 2013 seasons. Hope he has recovered enough, he's still only just 25..

As a Vikings fan I had pretty high hopes for Childs. Hopefully he can come in a compete.

In the same vein, I know a lot of people are writing of Randle's chances. He seems extremely excited to be a part of the setup here (if you follow him on social media). I hope that he has a fire in his belly to make a big impact, cause I know he has it in him.

For anyone wanting to post articles, reports, thoughts, questions, etc regarding the first day of rookie camp - here's the spot to do it. Only a one hour practice today.

Also - for what it's worth - rookie camp roster limit is 75 + non-counters (current year draft picks and a max of two other non-counters defined by eligibility) and we currently have 82 bodies. As far as I know, counting draft picks and the two non-counters, that maxes us out so you won't see any additions prior to camp other than Richards and Waggoner.

Wednesday, May 27—Rookie Camp

Practice: 3:15 p.m. – 4:15 p.m.

Cameras can record practice from 3:15 p.m. – 3:30 p.m. Still photography of practice can begin at 3:25 p.m.

Players and Head Coach Mike O’Shea will be available following practice on the field.

83 - 10 non-counters = 73

non-counters - Chungh, Richards, Morgan, Normand, Lattanzio, Warden, Yantz, Waggoner  + 2 (Griffiths and Reaves?)

Childs will make it 74 and another room for 1

Scratch what I said about the roster because apparently I'm hearing we added another receiver to the rookie camp roster.

Maybe because Richards has yet to show up?

Richards is a non-counter.

Richards and Waggoner are now listed on the Bombers Site

Update:

And there are reports the Bombers have added both 6'3" and run 4.40 - 4.50 40s  so big and Fast

77 David Gettis   WR   Baylor

http://www.nfldraftscout.com/ratings/dsprofile.php?pyid=56514&draftyear=2010&genpos=WR

79  Greg Childs   WR   Arkansas

http://www.nfldraftscout.com/ratings/dsprofile.php?pyid=82227&draftyear=2012&genpos=WR

This Report makes it official

International DBs Dominique Franks and Shaquille Richardson, International receivers Greg Childs and David Gettis, National linebacker Garrett Waggoner, and National receiver Addison Richards have all been added, and will be on the field for day one of rookie camp.

http://www.bluebombers.com/article/bombers-add-six-to-roster-ahead-of-rookie-camp