Rookie Camp Discussion & Reports - Day 1

Mike

I believe that there are 2 more players invited to rookie camp as development players through the deal with the CJFL (non-counters, not under contract).  Both are players with the Winnipeg Rifles, and will likely return to the Rifles after camp:

Braedy Will    (Safety)

Brad Mikoluff  (Punte)

I got to guest coach at the rifles spring camp this year and let me tell u the Braedy Will could end up on the PR. Best Db out of this Prov in a long time. Very physical and could see him even down in the LB group

Do they tally up pass knockdowns in the CJFL differently or something? I looked him up yesterday and he had 70 last year. That seems insane.

I believe that there are 2 more players invited to rookie camp as development players through the deal with the CJFL (non-counters, not under contract).  Both are players with the Winnipeg Rifles, and will likely return to the Rifles after camp:

Braedy Will    (Safety)

Brad Mikoluff  (Punte)

I got to guest coach at the rifles spring camp this year and let me tell u the Braedy Will could end up on the PR. Best Db out of this Prov in a long time. Very physical and could see him even down in the LB group

Do they tally up pass knockdowns in the CJFL differently or something? I looked him up yesterday and he had 70 last year. That seems insane.

Must be a mistake, never seen more than 15 in the cjfl or cis. Guessing it was 7

Braedy Will    (Safety)

Brad Mikoluff  (Punte)

70 at the Safety position would be some what impressive! If that 70 is accurate I want him signed today :)

Braedy Will    (Safety)

Brad Mikoluff  (Punte)

Must be a mistake, never seen more than 15 in the cjfl or cis. Guessing it was 7

http://www.cjfl.org/roster_players/5761617

Oh ... PDef ... mistook that for knockdowns. So passes defended?

Either way ... 6'4" that's a big, big dude.

Hopefully the CFL allows Richards to play without a helmet, it would be a pity to cover up such a spectacle.

OK, now I'm suspicious. I'm beginning to think, after watching that scum and now, his picture, that Richards is not 6'5", but rather 6'0 with 5 inches of hair.

Somehow I found that funny even though I am under 6 feet and have no hair.

I don't know, I thought we missed the sure hands guy on O last year. Moore (when playing) and denmark could stretch the D when needed.

Denmark, Moore and Kohlert are all move the chains, sure hands type guys.  We're really missing a boundary WR.  Moore and Denmark are both ok there, but better suited to the slot.  Based on Adams, Tuinei, Childs, Gettis, Clemons being in camp, that's the spot they are looking to fill.

Having a run game that can break a tackle will open up some space for everyone too. 

Maybe my memory is flawed but I remember many big plays from Denmark. 

Yep, he can do it all.

Braedy Will    (Safety)

Brad Mikoluff  (Punte)

http://www.cjfl.org/roster_players/5761617

Oh ... PDef ... mistook that for knockdowns. So passes defended?

Either way ... 6'4" that's a big, big dude.

It's Defensive Points. 

Once upon a time some doofus created a point tallying system for defensive players to try and create a way to compare a LB that makes a bunch of tackles in run support to a DB that makes a pair of tackles and a play on a pass to a DT that sacked a QB once. I'm not a fan.