Upcoming Movies

Taynted_Fayth

There's also a female Robin that took over after Tim Drake.  People think she might be in the film.

Batman is much older in this movie, so they're not going to go over his whole history.  I'm sure they will fill in some blanks as they do show a Robin suit in the trailer.  Some people think whoever was Robin last became the Joker, and the real Joker is dead or something.  I don't know, lot's of theories out there.

There's also a female Robin that took over after Tim Drake.  People think she might be in the film.

Batman is much older in this movie, so they're not going to go over his whole history.  I'm sure they will fill in some blanks as they do show a Robin suit in the trailer.  Some people think whoever was Robin last became the Joker, and the real Joker is dead or something.  I don't know, lot's of theories out there.

I dont get the idea of doing an older Batman either.  Affleck and Bale are pretty close in age if Im not mistaken and one could argue Affleck looks younger.  They added grey to his hair to make him "older" but if these series of films go on for 10 or 12 years, we're supposed to believe he's a 50+ year old Batman?  Just seems odd they seem to think he *needs* to be older for the stories they have in mind.  I guess we'll find out.

I like the idea of Bruce Wayne as the Tony Stark of the DC Universe though.  He appears in Suicide Squad and Wonder Woman and in WW, its apparently a scene that pre-dates the Superman V Batman film.

I believe they made him older so that they could say he's been around for a while, and therefore already has a bunch of villains available to use.  This also allows them to create a suicide squad movie by saying "well Batman's been around for years and these are all the bad guys he's put away, so we'll turn them into the suicide squad" etc...

Latino Review:

While most seemed to really enjoy what Lucasfilm had to show in this final trailer, there were definitely a lot more details that fans would've wanted to see. Sure, the trailer made it clear that our main players will indeed be Finn, Rey, and Kylo Ren, but we don't really understand their goals, motivations, or the general plot of the film (granted, it's "Star Wars." Sometimes less is more, and you don't need to reveal much to convince audiences to come). To top it all off, they also left out one major character from this trailer: Luke Skywalker.

So what does that mean for us?

"These are good questions to be asking," director J.J. Abrams told the Sydney Morning Herald. "I can't wait for you to find out the answer...it's no accident."

There have been many theories behind Luke Skywalker's role in the film, though I'd be remiss not to throw up a spoiler warning, just in case someone wants to remain pure before the film's opening night.

[POTENTIAL SPOILERS]

While none of this is confirmed, rumors range from Luke hiding out most of the movie, all the way to him having turned evil in his thirty-year absence from the big screen. Some speculate he may even be the big bad for the trilogy. Either way, it seems incredibly likely that most of us will be left wanting more Luke when the credits roll in "The Force Awakens." I wouldn't be surprised if the man pops up in the last ten minutes of the movie, does one crazy thing, and then leaves. While whether or not Luke will be a huge player in the overall trilogy is a huge question, I have little question that he'll at least be an integral figure, be it for good or evil.

Abrams has always been a secretive filmmaker, and right now, it's very clear how coy he's being with Luke. Hopefully all this anticipation will have a satisfactory payoff.

Very lucky, Canada is. The Truth North is the only country in the world where Netflix has secured streaming rights to the upcoming Star Wars: Episode VII – The Force Awakens. The movie will be available on Netflix in Canada—and nowhere else—about eight months after it leaves theaters.

Disney, which owns Lucasfilm, inked a deal with Netflix to stream its movies in the United States starting in 2016. The Force Awakens, however, comes out Dec. 18, 2015—meaning it’s still subject to Netflix’s expired deal with US cable channel Starz. Thus, in the US, Starz has exclusive access to air the new Star Wars film.

Disney’s agreement with Netflix in Canada, inked last year, includes all 2015 film releases, unlike in the US and other countries. That deal with Netflix replaced Disney’s deals with Bell Canada, which covered the eastern half of the country, and Corus Entertainment, which covered the western half.

Big deal because it's a big film and won't be available on US Netflix. And because there are many Canadians who use VPN to access the amarican Netflix due to it having a larger library.

But won't it be out on Blu-Ray by then?     Also for most nerd/geeks they will have a digital copy probably several months before that?

Interesting.  SOme theatres are getting in front of the Star Wars cosplay thing by announcing various costuming bans.  Cinemark seems to be banning everything including masks, face paint, light sabers etc.  AMC is just banning masks and "blasters".

Biggest film opening ever...a bit of an ominous feeling.

Thing is, if someone wants to get into these theaters and do some damage, they're going to figure out a way how.  But I can understand them wanting to minimize any troubles considering things that have happened.  And lots of kids are going to be there as well.  I just hope that stuff doesn't start happening up here in Canada.