Round 1 - Game 3 : Ducks @ Jets

Tonights game either ices it for the Ducks or gives the Jets new hope.  They better be prepared to weather a storm in the first period because the Ducks will look to put it away early.

if Buff is going to be the Buff we need, tonight is the night.  otherwise, it might be third line winger in Game Four and a thanks for the memories this summer.

Home ice needs to be home ice tonight. We need that extra big hit, clutch save, PP goal... slight edge in all the key areas, and we'll be alright.

Both teams will feed off the energy, we need to stay disciplined.

Hopefully the crowd can rattle Anderson... a softy or 2 could be huge.

Other than that, best players have to be our best players...

Need a monster game from Buff, a responsible game from Ladd and SOME kind of offense from Little, Wheeler or Sheifs.

Our backs are against the wall...and so far this season, that's been a good thing...

3-2 Jets, with a big primary assist to the 15,016 clad in white.

Home ice needs to be home ice tonight. We need that extra big hit, clutch save, PP goal... slight edge in all the key areas, and we'll be alright.

Both teams will feed off the energy, we need to stay disciplined.

Hopefully the crowd can rattle Anderson... a softy or 2 could be huge.

Other than that, best players have to be our best players...

Need a monster game from Buff, a responsible game from Ladd and SOME kind of offense from Little, Wheeler or Sheifs.

Our backs are against the wall...and so far this season, that's been a good thing...

3-2 Jets, with a big primary assist to the 15,016 clad in white.

I'd be happy if he just showed any sign of a pulse.

I admit at this point I'd give strong consideration to moving Wheeler up to the first line for 2 reasons - the flashes of magic him and Scheiffle were showing earlier have lessened noticeably, and the size mismatch between the Getzlaf line and the Little line was pretty pronounced in the first two games.  Moving Frolik down and bringing Wheeler up will offset that somewhat.  Of course we have last change tonight and the advantage of matching lines as we choose, so Maurice may have entirely different plans for dealing with the Getzlaf line.

I admit at this point I'd give strong consideration to moving Wheeler up to the first line for 2 reasons - the flashes of magic him and Scheiffle were showing earlier have lessened noticeably, and the size mismatch between the Getzlaf line and the Little line was pretty pronounced in the first two games.  Moving Frolik down and bringing Wheeler up will offset that somewhat.  Of course we have last change tonight and the advantage of matching lines as we choose, so Maurice may have entirely different plans for dealing with the Getzlaf line.

3rd reason. Your best forward should be on the first line.

3rd reason. Your best forward should be on the first line.

Then Ladd should be moved off it too.

I dont think now is the right time to start moving guys around. See what you can do having last change first.

Even with Buff and Ladd kinda MIA i dont think we are being out played by a huge margin...  I think they will be ready to go tonight in the storm of white.....  Try matching lines first then if its still not working maybe try moving a few guys around and see what that does. 

Maurice has shown he knows when to make changes, his "hunch" with Pardy paid off and almost helped us get a split (stupid refs and certain vets who should know better). Last change will be huge in these next two games. If the past has shown us anything it seems this team tends to rebound after big disappointments and pulls the unexpected (remember the last Blackhawk and Ranger games here, and what they did right after that?) I think they'll win tonight and set up a very interesting night Wednesday. GO JETS GO, WHITEOUT!!!!

I have been unimpressed with Ladd last 2 games, and as captain n playoff vet, you need to lead by example. To me personally, i felt he was manhandled all game 1, then near invisible game 2 other taking such a stupid uncalled for and ultimately costly penalty. If he doesnt come roaring out the gate I'd strongly consider shuffling lines by 2nd and reducing his ice time. maybe wake him up for game 4.

So what are the chants going to be? In 1996 the fans picked on Keith Primeau pretty good, I am hoping that they get on Kesler this time. Man I can't stand that clown. Him and Burrows, two guys that deserve a good butt-whupping.

Yea Kesler's one for sure, easy target but how about Andersen their goalie? Let's check his mental toughness.